Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

1 question.. Why isn't erik hinske playing instead of ransom? I thought today would be a perfect day to play him. And another thought... why did they senddown ramiro pena when they acquired hinske. imo he played lights out defensively when jeter was out the lineup and I think he also has a better bat then cody

Originally Posted by onewearz

he's my cousin, nice to see him back but i dont think he'll be here long.

i got tickets for tomorrow, i'm taking my son to his first game
pimp.gif
Nice. I'm gonna be there tomorrow too.

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

1 question.. Why isn't erik hinske playing instead of ransom? I thought today would be a perfect day to play him. And another thought... why did they send down ramiro pena when they acquired hinske. imo he played lights out defensively when jeter was out the lineup and I think he also has a better bat then cody
From what I've read, Hinske is a worse 3B than Ransom is. Ransom hasn't been perfect at third but Hinske hasn't been playing thatposition in years (he's mainly a 1B and corner OF)

They want Pena to gain some outfield experience. Pena will definitely be back when they do the callups in Sept and he'll get a shot to make the team nextyear.

1 question.. Why isn't erik hinske playing instead of ransom? I thought today would be a perfect day to play him. And another thought... why did they send down ramiro pena when they acquired hinske. imo he played lights out defensively when jeter was out the lineup and I think he also has a better bat then cody
1) Hinske isn't a good 3B. He's better at the corner outfield.

2) To be honest, I would rather have Ramiro too. IDK Why they sent him down.

Also, Pena can still be sent down to the minors because he still has options. He hasn't reached that point in his career where he would have to clearwaivers first before accepting the minor-league assignment.

^word you right... Aceves has really impressed me.. I thought he was gonna implode after he gave up the lead when he relieved C.C in boston.

Jeter was the leading AL Vote-getter?!?!?

WOW!

And he's the oldest starting SS in the ASG since Luis Aparacio.

They wanted Pena to become super utility and learn to play the OF so they put him down there to learn that.

Good win today, Jeter hitting great
pimp.gif

I can't believe Jeter is 35, he should have 3,000 hits right around his 37th bday.. Another good game, great weekend for NY.

Somebody school me on "TEAM SHRIMP" im lost its been bothering me for a minute that I don't know what its about
laugh.gif

Somebody school me on "TEAM SHRIMP" im lost its been bothering me for a minute that I don't know what its about
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

jordan201 ate shrimp and the yanks won, so he kept eating it and the yanks kept eating it...had a nice streak going

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

jordan201 ate shrimp and the yanks won, so he kept eating it and the yanks kept eating it...had a nice streak going
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I had gils for 2 weeks. Stock in the Shrimp industry sky-rocketed those 2 weeks.

Next time I beast out on shrimp like that will be vs the Bloody Sox.

Team Shrimp !!!!!!!!!!

Yankees win another one today, great job by the bats to fight back after the 8-4 hole...we cant play much better right now, pitching yes, but the bats are hot

Brian I think they had Hinkse originally slated to start today at 3rd but when they found out it was a lefty (forget his name) instead of Richmond today, theywent with Ransom.

And did we really discuss trading Cano?

LOL.

laugh.gif

I remember reading posts made by various armchair GMs calling for a straight up Cano-Matt Kemp trade
laugh.gif

Cano just needs to improve his situational hitting. I don't know how you do that other than flying in Larry Bowa to scream obscenities at him for twohours,
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

Ace has won me over.

I am glad.
pimp.gif
I'm glad to say I supported him ever since he came upat the end of last season and he pitched well out of the pen, and even had a solid spot start for someone (forgot who, irrelevant though). He's got goodstuff, puts it all together.

cousin onewearz needs recognition for this game also. He pitched an inning or so I believe, but still, didn't give up any runs. Offense really came throughtoday, good stuff.

Let's sweep these Jays tomorrow
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom