Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

I thought the same thing, but it's the way they've been winning. Like I said before, they have been winning with BARELY any production from Longoria.BJ is picking it up, Craw is being Craw. Just wait til all 3 start clicking together. And that's not even stating that they're pitching isn'tNEARLY as good as it was last year, and look at where they're at.

The only thing that kills us is that if there's a tie at the end of the season between us and the Sox, they obviously go in cause of the H2H record.

See guys me and T3B told you maggots to call down.....we have the third best record in the MLB and according to some of you we are complete garbagelol........where has. HTTB been??

Who you calling a maggot there Captain Jack?

laugh.gif

HTTB is in depression because of Lee, he'll be back soon.

Where are all the "Mo is done" people now?

19 saves (5th best)
0.98 WHIP (5th best among Closers)
40 k's in 3 IP
3 walks ( 1 intentional)

In his last 8 appearances ( 8.1 innings):

2 Hits
1 ER
12 K's

I don't see any problem.

The Yankees are playing better, and are making the best of their situation. Sure the 8-0 record against the Sox suck, and to an extent its their fault for notcapitalizing on that cushion but hey this is baseball, anything can happen. The all-star break is approaching and we are well within striking distance. Onegood series against the Sox and us keeping up this pace and we will be in first soon. Hey we are the Yankees...a 2nd half team...right?

Off topic, but about this thread:

How many pages do you think we'll reach by the end of the regular season?

I would say 726.

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Why bruney always rockin that 1920 yankee fitted?

laugh.gif
Wells once rocked a Babe Ruth era Yankee fitted...and got fined by MLB baseball for doing so. Thing looked so old and worn out

^^^Lol I think I know what your talking was he rockin it wen he pitched his perfect game? And do u think bruney is getting fined also?

It makes Bruney look like he's playing in a Police vs Fireman Charity game.

The last thing Bruney needs is to get fined. He already had to buy Hughes a Bose Home Station.

I was never sold on Bruney in the eighth and everyone annointed this dude the guy from the start...i dunno i like him but Hughes shouldve pitched the eighthlast night

i heart phil hughes btw

Something about a bet that he lost. He wasn't supposed to shave his 'Stache til AS break, but since he's been pitching bad, he wanted to shave it.So Hughes cut him some slack and accepted the sound system for Bruney shaving it early.

Something like that.

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

I was never sold on Bruney in the eighth and everyone annointed this dude the guy from the start...i dunno i like him but Hughes shouldve pitched the eighth last night

i heart phil hughes btw

We all "heart" Hughes, especially right now in the Pen.

Hopefully he can take what he's doing in the Pen and do the same as a starter. The kid's got GREAT stuff.

And to Bruney's defense, when he's 100%, there's very few like him.

I'm still trying to figure out the deal with Bruney's cap
laugh.gif

Someone needs to ask him personally where it's from. Some people online think the patch fell off his cap but when I was looking at it (caught the game lastnight at a friend's) it didn't look like the cap was from this year (looked like it was a couple years old).

AFAIK MLB ain't like the NFL where players get fined 10k for wearing their socks .000003 inches too high or too low (
laugh.gif
). But it does look weird thatBruney's cap is blank on the back.

About Wells, I think he actually bought the Babe Ruth era cap and wore it for one game, but it wasn't during the perfect game. There was a pic of himpitching with that old cap on
roll.gif

Damn man, I wish I could go to the game today. yanks are doing a Meet and Greet by gate 4 at 4pm.

Joba, Hughes, and Aceves will be the 3 greeters.

Yea but I'm in NJ. By the time I get the tix, take the bus to 42nd and the the 4 Train, I'll be there around 5.

Watching this 2000 home run derby on mlb network.. Boy sammy sosa was huge. Dude just crushed a 500 foot homer like it was nothing smh. And ofcoursea-rod's on the commentary
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Well, the whole "the Sox should be up 6" thing isn't true.

There was a time when we actually had the lead in our division. But we're in second cause we cooled off and Boston continued to be the best team in baseball.

I really do think that if we could stay at 2, 1, or 0 GB before AS Break, we're in good hands. It's proven that we're a better second half team. Only thing that worries me (and it should worry the Sox too) is that the Rays are now catching on WITHOUT much production from Longoria. If any of us slip up, they'll be right there to take the division....again.

As for what Mo said about Pap, he was asked what does he feel about Pap coming to the Yankees. He replied something to the extent of "I wouldn't mind him, but if he thinks he's gonna close while I'm here, he's wrong." He then said that Pap would have to wait til he retires for him to actually get a chance to close in NY. Rightfully so.

oh, yah i agree w/ everything u said.....but wheres this pap 2 NY talk commin from?....

Back
Top Bottom