Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

Jeter being 4-4 today
pimp.gif

I just got home from a friends house (Met fan) where I watched Johan/Stokes meltdown
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Taking 2 out of 3 from the Mets
pimp.gif
. It will be nice to poke fun at myfriends who are Mets fans. I wonder what the excuse will be for today's game?

Originally Posted by bkmac

Taking 2 out of 3 from the Mets
pimp.gif
. It will be nice to poke fun at my friends who are Mets fans. I wonder what the excuse will be for today's game?
1) The Ump was a Yankee Fan.
2) Yankee Stadium is a wiffle ball park.

There really isnt any excuses. They had theur best pitcher on the mound, and he got CREAMED like Wang does.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Wraith aka invincible

352medy.gif
smokin.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I love how you have an infinite number of Naruto gifs.

Meanwhile, what a game this was. Didn't think Santana was gonna get debacled the way he did.

[table][tr][td]2009 American League - Standings[/td] [/tr][tr][td]EAST[/td] [td] W[/td] [td] L[/td] [td] PCT[/td] [td] GB[/td] [td] HOME[/td] [td] ROAD[/td] [td] RS[/td] [td] RA[/td] [td] STRK[/td] [td]L10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Boston[/td] [td]38[/td] [td]25[/td] [td].603[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]21-8[/td] [td]17-17[/td] [td]339[/td] [td]284[/td] [td]Lost 1[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]NY Yankees[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]27[/td] [td].571[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]20-12[/td] [td]16-15[/td] [td]360[/td] [td]324[/td] [td]Won 1[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tampa Bay[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]31[/td] [td].523[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]21-12[/td] [td]13-19[/td] [td]367[/td] [td]300[/td] [td]Won 5[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Toronto[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]31[/td] [td].523[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]21-13[/td] [td]13-18[/td] [td]323[/td] [td]296[/td] [td]Lost 4[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Baltimore[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]36[/td] [td].429[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]19-16[/td] [td]8-20[/td] [td]288[/td] [td]344[/td] [td]Won 2[/td] [td]3-7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]CENTRAL[/td] [td] W[/td] [td] L[/td] [td] PCT[/td] [td] GB[/td] [td] HOME[/td] [td] ROAD[/td] [td] RS[/td] [td] RA[/td] [td] STRK[/td] [td]L10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Detroit[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]29[/td] [td].540[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]17-11[/td] [td]17-18[/td] [td]304[/td] [td]278[/td] [td]Lost 2[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Minnesota[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]33[/td] [td].492[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]21-12[/td] [td]11-21[/td] [td]315[/td] [td]300[/td] [td]Lost 1[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chicago Sox[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]34[/td] [td].469[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [td]16-18[/td] [td]14-16[/td] [td]264[/td] [td]291[/td] [td]Won 2[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kansas City[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]34[/td] [td].452[/td] [td]5.5[/td] [td]18-15[/td] [td]10-19[/td] [td]256[/td] [td]282[/td] [td]Won 3[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Cleveland[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]36[/td] [td].438[/td] [td]6.5[/td] [td]15-16[/td] [td]13-20[/td] [td]328[/td] [td]339[/td] [td]Lost 1[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]WEST[/td] [td] W[/td] [td] L[/td] [td] PCT[/td] [td] GB[/td] [td] HOME[/td] [td] ROAD[/td] [td] RS[/td] [td] RA[/td] [td] STRK[/td] [td]L10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Texas[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]27[/td] [td].565[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]20-13[/td] [td]15-14[/td] [td]310[/td] [td]292[/td] [td]Lost 2[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LA Angels[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]29[/td] [td].525[/td] [td]2.5[/td] [td]17-12[/td] [td]15-17[/td] [td]296[/td] [td]298[/td] [td]Won 3[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Seattle[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]33[/td] [td].476[/td] [td]5.5[/td] [td]16-14[/td] [td]14-19[/td] [td]234[/td] [td]265[/td] [td]Lost 3[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Oakland[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]35[/td] [td].435[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]16-15[/td] [td]11-20[/td] [td]264[/td] [td]298[/td] [td]Lost 3[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [/tr][/table]

Damn, Bruney disappointed me. I thought he was a tough guy.

As for the Bruney/K-Rod thing, Bruney apologized for his actions after the game, saying he should have never criticized Rodriguez in the first place. Rodriguez took a pass on commenting other than to say that he considered the matter closed.

Bruney was hoping to apologize in person but before he could, K-Rod started to come at him and was intercepted by Mike Pelfrey and Jose Veras. Bruney never budged. There was a lot of yelling but no actual scrapping.

"I wasn't trying to pick a fight," Bruney said. "If anything I was hoping we could cross paths and bury the axe. For me it's over with and hopefully for him it's over with. It's in the past."

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Damn, Bruney disappointed me. I thought he was a tough guy.

As for the Bruney/K-Rod thing, Bruney apologized for his actions after the game, saying he should have never criticized Rodriguez in the first place. Rodriguez took a pass on commenting other than to say that he considered the matter closed.

Bruney was hoping to apologize in person but before he could, K-Rod started to come at him and was intercepted by Mike Pelfrey and Jose Veras. Bruney never budged. There was a lot of yelling but no actual scrapping.

"I wasn't trying to pick a fight," Bruney said. "If anything I was hoping we could cross paths and bury the axe. For me it's over with and hopefully for him it's over with. It's in the past."

He probably felt depleted when K-Rod said "I don't even know who he is." I know if I was an unrecognized Major Leaguer (a Yankee to boot), I'd feel a little down at a comment like that.

Or maybe Jason Zillo and the Yankee PR brass told Bruney to quiet down so that there wouldn't be any distractions. After all, it is odd how he pretty muchretracted everything he said. During an interview between Bruney and media today, someone from Yankees public relations actually came in to break it up.

He probably felt depleted when K-Rod said "I don't even know who he is." I know if I was an unrecognized Major Leaguer (a Yankee to boot), I'd feel a little down at a comment like that.

I feel you 1000% on that one, but how are you gonna come out and say, "It couldn't have happened to a better person....He has a tired act...It'sembarrassing" and then you go and back off from that.

^^ Someone from the Yankees front office probably told Bruney to back off from that...that's the only thing I can think of.

Unless Bruney really is the person to talk a bunch of crap and then go running with his tail between his legs the day after. But I don't know himpersonally so I can't assume that.

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

I feel you 1000% on that one, but how are you gonna come out and say, "It couldn't have happened to a better person....He has a tired act...It's embarrassing" and then you go and back off from that.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

I'm glad somebody on the Mets has balls though.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Or maybe Jason Zillo and the Yankee PR brass told Bruney to quiet down so that there wouldn't be any distractions. After all, it is odd how he pretty much retracted everything he said. During an interview between Bruney and media today, someone from Yankees public relations actually came in to break it up.
What happened? And yea, this seems to be true.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

I'm glad somebody on the Mets has balls though.

He's Venezuelan. We're all crazy. Ozzie, K-Rod, Big Z, Chavez.

Back
Top Bottom