[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

Why is Marlon Anderson playing? I much rather see Nick Evans out there, at least he has some talent unlike the washed up Anderson.

Originally Posted by JoRdaN DoN

Phillies and Marlins been at the top all year around

...and neither lead the division. So your point is?

Why is Marlon Anderson playing? I much rather see Nick Evans out there, at least he has some talent unlike the washed up Anderson.

Evans is hitting .167 against righties. Marlon isn't doing so well this season, but he's normally good against righties.

Uh, more rumors.

Looks like the Reds are trying to part ways with Adamn Dunn after all. Matt Cerron at metsblog and oher sources believe he would NOT cost FMart or Niese, maybeyou could expand the deal and get Affedlt then deal Schoe for mid-level prospects??

I would do any deal not involving those 2 (Kunz as well), Dunn would be a good look batting 6th.

Hell, I'd take Dunn if we don't have to give up Niese or FMart. How many years does he have on his contract? As long as he doesn't have more than 3years I'm all for it, we need a power bat.

I really like Argenis Reyes. Can put solid contact on the ball, and went oppo with ease twice (despite lining out, it was still good contact). His defensive ispretty good as well.

I wonder if he's being considered as a long-term solution at 2nd.

Pelfrey just looks worn out this inning, even the pitcher just smacked him hard.

He has to find a way out of this inning to get a breather.

This game is probably over, Pelfrey didn't lose a game since his last start vs the Marlins well over a month ago.

Mets finish the month winning 70% of their games, keep it up for August and September.Mets play 21 games vs teams below .500 in August (we had the mostdifficult schedule in baseball to date, so its easy sailing the next month).
pimp.gif

PS: Neise makes his AAA debut tonight, you can follow it on gameday. His pitch count is a bit high but so far so good.

http://This game is probably over, ...day/y2007/gd.html?2008_07_30_tucaaa_nozaaa_1 web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/gameday/y2007/gd.html?2008_07_30_tucaaa_nozaaa_1 web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/gameday/y2007/gd.html?2008_07_30_tucaaa_nozaaa_1

Told ya the game was over, Big Pelf had a bad outing (seemed like forever since his last one). Nice day off and off to Houston.

Neise so far: 6.0IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 7 SO (84 total pitches, 57 for strikes)

Great debut, keep it up.
pimp.gif

Good try, all of these games were close.

Pedro, Santana, and Maine (maybe) in Houston.

Pelfrey's winning streak ends.
frown.gif

Neise's Line: 7IP 3H 1R 1ER 2BB 7K 1HR

Great debut in AAA.
pimp.gif

Went to see The Dark Knight with my sister tonight so I didn't catch any of the game. From the Nissan Postgame Live and this thread, doesn't seem liketoo tough of a loss. Pelf hasn't looked that bad in over a month, so it was acceptable and understandable that he had a bad outing.

Onto Houston, let's just keep racking up the Ws, and not worry about scoreboard watching just yet. Still gotta whileeee to go.

Getting Dunn for midlevel prospects wouldn't disappoint me. Dude OBP and power numbers are crazy good. We all know it ends there, but he's a formidablethreat in the 5 or 6 hole.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Damn it Jose!

Whenever we need a big hit from Reyes, he tries to hit a bomb and he pops up..... every time

Dude seriously needs to grow up and realize that he isn't a home run hitter.... between his showboating on the bases after that homerun and this, he isreally starting to grind my gears

I don't know about you but Reyes was what 1-7 vs him lifetime and he looked foolish that at bat. Believe it or not Reyes is hitting well over .400 withRISP and 2 outs.

I don't get why his showboating would bother you, I hope he moonwalks after every homerun.

True, true... I don't mind his showboating at all.

I'm one of those dudes who likes a little taunting/showboating here or there, so it's all good.

As long as you consistently back it up.

Word to....

doc4804275912926111629239.jpg

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I don't get why his showboating would bother you, I hope he moonwalks after every homerun.

I don't know either... I don't mind a guy playing with passion and energy... but his excessive showboating just gets to me sometimes...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Originally Posted by JoRdaN DoN

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Phillies and Marlins been at the top all year around[/color]

...and neither lead the division. So your point is?

Yea and sure as hell the Mets aint either..

DU1.jpg
Came through with the clutch hit tonite
pimp.gif

Joe Smith can't be used too much, a submariner throwing 90mph fastballs is far more draining on a pitcher than a regular thrower, especially a young kid.He is GREAT in situation scenarios though, specifically with men on and you need a ground ball to get out of a jam.

Kunz has been lights out in AA (strong outing today makes it 15 scoreless innings), bring him up, he is the young power arm we could use.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom