[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

Forget about Holliday, 0% chance of happening. The only realistic options are Nady, Ibanez, or Nady.

You can't rely on Church coming back at 100% this season.

Hereeeee commeeee the rumorsssssss:

"Kovacevic reports the Pirates continue to seek two prospects **EACH** for both Nady and LHP Damaso Marte." - Metsblog.com (Mike Nichols)

John Perrotto of Beaver Country Times is reporting that the Bucs have interest in BMets including "Matt Niese" otherwise known as Jon Niese, Eddie Kunz, and Bobby Parnell. He also says the Mets are among three teams with the most interest in Xavier Nady. They also have mild interest in Jason Bay and Damaso Marte.

1) Neise is vital for the Mets future, and Kunz can quite possibly be our future closer (if the Mets don't sign K-Rod in the off-season).

2) Never trade a young pitcher for a position player, let alone a journeyman like Nady.

"Rockies GM Dan O'Dowd has scoured baseball, talking to the Mets, Angels, Phillies and many others (the Dodgers make sense, if owner FrankMcCourt would approve a trade), and he's shooting for a pretty good-sized haul. O'Dowd wanted Carlos Beltran as part of a package from the Mets, arequest that was rejected by New York. And, according to a report in the Los Angeles Times, O'Dowd sought second baseman Howie Kendrick, pitching prospectNick Adenhart and either Ervin Santana or Joe Saunders for Holliday, a proposition the Angels also rejected."[/wuote]

First of all, the Rockies GM is a ****** with the asking price. Why would you trade Holliday since you don't want to pay him, for Beltran's 3 yearsremaining on a high contract?

and lol @ what they want from the Angels.

Minko just reported on the 20/20 update that Wagner was examined and did have an mri and the diagnosis is spasms.

He should miss the next few games, I expect Duaner/Smith to close depending on match ups.

Should be a hard fought series.

I don't even think if any of these one teams sweeps one another, they will run away with anything.

This will go down until September.

why would they try to score Chavez from first with no outs?...
smh.gif

Delgad-IT.

Now Johan needs to shut them down the rest of the way. Enough is enough with giving leads right back.

Castro just hit a dinger off a righty.

Schneider will see less time now lol......4 days for Castro-3 for Schneider every week.

I thought Burrell was gonna take the ball out of his glove when Castro was rounding the bases. Dude is that big of a thorn in the Mets side.

Our 3rd base coach has ended TWO of the Mets 0-out rallies.

Phillies should be very thankful they are in this game late down by 3, should be a blowout.

That's what happens when you pull your ace ONLY with 100 pitches with your closer out, let him start the 9th.

I'm still pissed at the 3rd base coach, game should be a blowout.

We know every Mets game is interesting. No difference here.

And seriously, stop babying Johan. Let him go pitch the 9th when you are short in the pen(especially when the closer is out in a close situation)

Back
Top Bottom