[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

Did anyone just hear that story about Aaron Miles?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by AirVandal180

^^Enlighten me.

Miles woke up with a gun to his head while staying at a hotel on a road trip. Turns out a second gunman had some of his other teammates tied up in anotherroom as well. While the 1st gunman was trying to take Miles to the room with his team-mates, one of them had managed to free his hands and call 911. Policearrived and was able to get some of his team mates out of the room. One of the gunmen jumped out of a window. And the other one picked Miles up and brought himto the window so that he could check out the scene. Miles saw the gun in the reflection of the mirror and knocked it loose. Gun hit the floor and him and therobber started tussling. Police ran in and shot the robber in the back. Miles was bloodied but not hurt badly.
eek.gif

Joint sounds like some movie type !%%*.
laugh.gif

edit:

Did you know Aaron Miles, as well as Morgan Ensberg and other Astro players were held hostage in 2000? And it was mighty mite Aaron Miles who pounced on his captors, not the slugger Ensberg. The P-D has the story, check it out.

"The gunman would take the gun away to scratch his head with the handle. He would slide it off Miles' neck when peering out the window. Once when he did that, Miles pounced.Miles seized the barrel of the gun while snapping his head back out of the line of fire. Twisting the gun away from him and to the floor, he and the captor wrestled to the ground. As he was being pummeled by the gunman's left fist, Miles bit into his right forearm - twice, drawing blood - to loosen his grip.The gunman jumped on Miles' back and sunk his teeth into Miles' shoulder. Miles lifted and slammed the gunman into the wall.

The two fell to the floor, the captor's back to the carpet and Miles' back to his chest. Both men had both hands on the gun and were attempting to wrest it free."

The bats awaken again tonight and the pen lets them down. Hmmm, is this a mediocre team we are talking about? Yes...

Well, we are short in the pen, otherwise that would be Duaner's inning. Feliciano made one bad pitch, the pen overall was great tonight.

As for the hits, the Mets only had 2 bad AB's the entire game and it may end up costing them (Muniz in the 9th is scary).....the K on Beltran with a man on3rd and 1 out, and the Church K after Wright's triple with 1 out (small ball makes this a 9-7 game right now).

Who DIDN'T see that coming?

2 games under, haven't heard that one before...

Goodnight all, just about done watching this team every night...you know at the end of the week they either went 4-3 or 3-4 cuz they Win, lose, win lose, etc.

Too predictable...

They did everything right tonight and have nothing to show for it.

One bad pitch by Feliciano.....and two bad at bats the ENTIRE NIGHT cost them the game.

%%@+.

Yeah I saw that coming also. Sort of like De Ja Vu. I was watching on St. Louis broadcast and they were calling it for Pujols,Ankiel and finally got it rightwith Glauss. Mets are so bad. 2 steps forward-2 steps back.

Not getting Wright in after his triple with 1 out was bad enough, you HAVE to manufacture a run there.

And I know it was just "one bad pitch" or "two bad at bats" but I don't know how you can say the bullpen was great overall. 3 ERs in 4innings is not a good night regardless of any circumstance.

They were pretty much shorthanded in the pen though, and the Cards are a top team for a reason.Mets are playing them damn tough right now (Heilman was moneyand is regaining his form, Feliciano gutted that inning out aftre a hanging 1st pitch, and Muniz in the 9th was just plain dangerous vs the Cards heart of theorder).

If the Mets play like this vs the Philles they would pretty much sweep them, I don't sse anything wrong with how they have been playing the past few games,not wasting any at bats.

The only thing that sucks is that Beltran was carrying the team when Wright slumped for a bit, now Beltran is slumping and Wright is on a tear....story of theseason (inconsistency).

Beltran with a MUCH needed game off today.

I hate 4 game series, 3rd straight one this weekend (hard to win them).

Hope the Mets can get their 2nd 4-game split.

ahhh this iis exactly wat we needed, a nice blowout so we can go with our confidence high to a BIG series against the Phillies.

Then again, to me every series against either Philly or ATL is a big one to me

Maybe the Pelf doubters can be put to rest for good, and dude is doing this with just 2 fastballs. Sky is the limit for him.

Gado MUST stay hot vs the Phils, and hopefully the day off helps Beltran at the plate as well.

I don't want to see Schneider this weekend (maybe for one game only), and thank god Castillo is on the DL (Mets called up Argenies Reyes.....one stepcloser to my dream coming true, an entire Jose/Carlos team).

I'll be on the road tomm at noon heading to Philly.
pimp.gif

Nah, just for tomm's game, should be dope overall.

Get some shopping done on Broad Street, catch the game, and hopefully some fireworks at the stadium (and a win).

I'm glad to admit Pelf is the Mets best bet for a solid performace from the rotation. I never gave up on him and he's shown a lot over the last month.The man can pitch.

Nice to get a blowout tonight cuz I didn't even watch the game, but saw the highlights.

Set the tone tomorrow against Philly.

Man, I hope ya'll saw the movement on that breaking pitch to Albert in the 1st, it looked like a damn Ollie slider.
sick.gif

Oh, and.....as per John Minko on the update from the FAN..."a family member told reyes about keith Hernandez's comments about playing soft, and tookit up with him on the teams charter flight to philly, no punches were exchanged but pushing and in the face arguments ensued"
http://www.nypost.com/seven/07042008/sports/mets/skidding_mets_a_real_fight_club_118486.htm

Reyes said yesterday he was angry at Hernandez after numerous friends and relatives told him Hernandez accused the Mets of "babying" Reyes during the broadcast of Sunday's 3-1 win over the Yankees New York Yankees
t.gif
at Shea Stadium.

"He got his point [across] and I got mine," Reyes, when asked to describe the confrontation, told The Post before he drove in three runs in the Mets' 11-1 victory over the Cardinals last night. "I'm not too happy with the way he's been talking."

According to one account, strongly denied by both Reyes and Hernandez, what set Reyes off during the flight was when Hernandez allegedly responded to Reyes' concerns by saying: "I was just doing my job - you should do yours."

Hernandez's "babying" comment was in response to Reyes throwing his glove to the ground moments after committing a throwing error in the seventh inning Sunday. Reyes said he threw his glove out of anger at himself and not in an effort to show up first baseman Carlos Delgado, who appeared to have a chance to catch the throw.

"Well, he's got to get over that," Hernandez said at the time, according to one transcript of the broadcast. "Enough babying going on now. He's a grown man. He's been around a long enough time. Take off the kid gloves."

Reyes said friends and family alerted him to the comments immediately after the game, prompting him to approach Hernandez in front of teammates on the late-night flight here to St. Louis.

"A lot of people told me, and that's no good," Reyes told The Post. "I was mad at myself because I make an error in that situation. It makes me mad, because [Hernandez] played the game, too. He knows it is not an easy game. And he knows when you make an error, you are supposed to feel bad."

Reyes and Hernandez emphatically denied they nearly came to blows, with Hernandez insisting testily that it be described as "a conversation" instead.

"I wouldn't say 'confronted,' " Hernandez said brusquely when approached in the team's broadcast booth at Busch Stadium last night. "We had a conversation. 'Confront' is not the word."

Hernandez, a five-time All-Star first baseman who was a member of the Mets' 1986 world championship team and is in the club's Hall of Fame, said he has put the incident behind him.

"I've had several conversations with players over my career," Hernandez said. "Jose and I are fine. It was not a confrontational conversation, [but] what went on with our conversation is between Jose and I. If he told you, that's his choice."

Reyes, however, made it clear to The Post that there is still simmering anger on his part toward the opinionated Hernandez.

"I don't know why in that situation he's talking like that," Reyes told The Post. "Like I said, I just [made] an error and I feel bad. I threw my glove down, but I [felt] bad because you're not supposed to be giving extra outs to the other team."

Funny stuff, gotta love Keith.
laugh.gif

I still remember:

"Hernandez wrote on Madison Square Garden's Web site in 2002 that the Mets "had no heart" and "quit a long time ago" on then-manager Bobby Valentine. Mike Piazza responded by calling Hernandez "a clueless voice from the grave" who was "just trying to make a name for himself at our expense."

i take anything from the nypost with a grain a salt. It was probably nothing big.

But Keith is a little reckless with it.

Man, Keith is doing his job and he was right in that regard. Reyes does need to grow up and stop pouting like he did after that error on Sunday.

Reyes is showing that he's a little soft if he let Keith's words get to him.

Always looking for a story. Keith calls it like he sees it though and Reyes DOES need to act a little more mature sometimes. I love his enthusiasm, but he alsoneeds to learn to control himself when the time is right. Oh well, it's a non-issue.

Back
Top Bottom