Official N*E*R*D Thread vol. Noone Ever Really Dies

Originally Posted by retr0sxual

eek.gif
pimp.gif

I've said this before, and I'm going to say it %%%@*!% again:

N*E*R*D is our generation's Beatles.

Say suttin'.

i literally say this every day

my favorite group. seen them live 4 times here in atlanta. my favorite song has to be run to the sun.

::

Saw N.E.R.D. in D.C. at the Glow In The Dark tour
Kenna and Fam-Lay were on stage

They wanted the crowd to do a wave for a DVD [theirs or Kanye's? who knows] but folks just couldn't get it right
laugh.gif
smh

Crazy energy tho... made me jump and stuff to songs I didn't like previously or couldn't even recognize

Pharrell got mad at me cuz during their performance I walked over to the end of the rows [I was like 7 rows from the front
pimp.gif
] to say wassup to TonyWilliams.... GLC and Really Doe
I guess it was taking attention away from the set I dunno, didn't care
Pharrell came over to that side of the stage and was just performing there, glaring at us/me
I just looked back and threw up the \\// and showed him my Ice Creams and said "I GOT YOU!"

Audience folks were looking like why is that guy talking to 'whoever those 3 guys' are
smh

::

I'll never understand why these albums aren't wildly succesful....this is lifestyle music I plan on growing old to.

"Wonderful Place" is beautiful but "Waiting For You" is just jaw droppingly beautiful. All 3 albums are great but the second one, you cantell they were in a zone on that one.

I'll up a video from the Denver GITD tour later. Those dual drummers were NICE. pause.

Best in my book. Period. my single "Safe to Say" on my myspace ( http://www.myspace.com/matictouchmusic ) Was made with an interpolation of "Time for some Action" fromtheir latest CD Seeing Soungs. There's nothing I can say about these guys that really hasn't been already said
laugh.gif
. I never had a"favorite" rapper, singer or group until I heard N.E.R.D back in 02. I saw the Lap dance video one night on BET uncut, and then like the Rock Starvid a couple weeks later. I was amazed
laugh.gif
..my friend had gotten their CD, and she asked me if I wanted to borrow it. I ^&*# you not, I let that CD spinat least 4 times all the way through, then fell asleep with it on.
roll.gif
I was done from that point. Last year I got to see them in concert 3 times and sawthem a total of 4. I met Shae after the Glow in the Dark show in Cincinnati at an afterparty, gave him a demo or w/e. The third time I saw them, (I was alwaysin front row of every show) this happened:

(To Pharrell's left, in the Running dog jeans... throwing up that dynasty sign lol)

So anyway.. def the best in my book. They are the biggest salute to individuality in the music game period.

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

I'll never understand why these albums aren't wildly succesful....this is lifestyle music I plan on growing old to.

"Wonderful Place" is beautiful but "Waiting For You" is just jaw droppingly beautiful. All 3 albums are great but the second one, you can tell they were in a zone on that one.
I feel you on everything. These albums will go everywhere with me.

Waiting For You is
pimp.gif
I can't top it, Wonderful Place running intothat, I'll listen to it over and over.

Find My Way > Waiting For You.

If the song wasn't about troubled relationships and +%+$, I'd (try to) serenade a lady with it.
pimp.gif

Came in here to express my true appriciation of the group and say i was BANGING ISO the other day something crazy (even though Seeing Sounds is their bestwork) but i was derailed to this info they might be gaining a new female member SMH CAN NOTHING BE RIGHT IN THE WORLD!!! *shakes fist to the sky*

Thought I'd resurrect this bad boy in time for "Nothing", which is to be released on September 7.
pimp.gif

They're coming over here to play at Rhythm and Vines over new years. So damn salty I can't go. Smh. I will see them live one day soon.

The group is def. appreciated. Some of my fav's include:

Am I High
Provider
Bobby James
Sooner or Later
Love Bomb
Brain
Lazer Gun
You
Spaz
Anti-Matter
Stay Together
Maybe

Can't wait on them to release some new music.

Back
Top Bottom