Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

5y5m60.gif

nerd.gif
now looking back, it was fair and square, Karo wasn't goinganywhere. Also who would have thought Maynard would be the guy to give Edgar the L?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

And for the record, if you can't come to fights in shape, and you avoid top contenders, you are not championship caliber.

all fighters dont have the same base to work with and as a talent, he is.

he's got all the physical tools and raw talent.

the judo is obviously bananas, his standup is precise, his ground game is on point.

not a finisher really but a very effective scorer.

issue is he's a lazy fatty and an egomaniac.

if he'd stop whining about how he deserves a title shot and put in the work, then he'd be a phenomenal fighter.

i still, SMH at the ufc for backing up the welterweight division so much with that season of tuf.

either karo or fitch could have had a title shot by now.

mma isn't boxing no one is going to go on an extremely long win streak, just the nature of the sport.

fighters that earn title contention often lose it when they have to fight too many bouts while waiting for a shot.

We'll agree to disagree. There are a lot of if's in your retort. IF I tried hard enough, I could maybe be a title contender.

Yes, his Judo is off the hook. That's really his only claim to fame is the throws. You say he has all the physical tools and raw talent. Unfortunately,that does not make a CHAMPION or a CHAMPIONSHIP caliber fighter.

You admit he's not a finisher, that he's fat and lazy and that he whines. That is a championship caliber fighter?

Who has he beaten? Pretty sure he's lost to every top contender he's faced. He beat Nick Diaz. Who I love, but has never really been a champ (he didbeat Gomi when he had the belt, I know....).

He beat Serra. Cool. Matt's tough. And a champion. But.....you know.....he beat Ryo Chonan, Drew Fickett. Lost to GSP, DIego, Sherk, and now Alves.He's beaten some tough guys but lost to basically every ELITE fighter he's faced.

Just not sure that makes a champion. He's got great Judo. Decent stand up. But to me there are a LOT of guys with great skills. Doesn't make for achampionship caliber fighter.

And to the dude who asked where all the Karo hate came from, look around. That GROSS display on TUF. Then basically ducking Fitch. He has had some greatfights. But has really played himself lately.....

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

5y5m60.gif

nerd.gif
now looking back, it was fair and square, Karo wasn't going anywhere. Also who would have thought Maynard would be the guy to give Edgar the L?
grin.gif

forreal, i was surprised as hell to see grey take frankie, ive never been a real believer of edgar's but seeing grey take him down was crazy because upuntil then id never seen anyone take frankie down, grey's punches at the beginning of the fighter were very accurate and his footwork was real good, hadntseen his footwork like that in previous fights, and the final round where he not only took edgar down but lifted his +@! up in the air (old school hughesstyle) had me
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

also, it looks like a majority of people in the thread thought karo's stoppage was justified, but to those who may not - that's what u call theflash knockout, he may have gotten up immediate right after thiago was pulled off and appeared fine, as a fighter theres nothing u can do about it when yourlegs crumble like that, even worse he may not have even realized he got knocked out - but thats exactly what the flash knockout is

Anthony Rumble Johnson....Granted, he fought a kid that LOOKED like he had trained stanup with Matt Hughes. But his striking was scary. And if he's as good a wrestler as they say, I can't imagine anyone wants to fight this dude.

ill second this. Johnson's striking ability and speed are something serious. I know Koscheck is fighting him soon, but I would love to seehow Johnson would do against Chris Lytle, whos extremely well rounded in all aspects, or even Alves, to see whether his striking is the real deal or not.

He just picked Speer apart. it was amazing.

does anyone else think that florians style of elbowing on the ground is dangerous and that the rules should be changed or clarified? ive been mulling this overfor a while after the lutter/silva fight and idk to me they just look really dangerous if one lands too far back accidentally

I read that Ken-Flo wouldn't mind a fight w/ Huerta. Match him up with Huerta and let the winner fight Penn/Sherk for the title.

I missed the diaz fight but i saw Ken-flo, Is it me or dude just looks bored out there? Kenny is one of the best LHW hopefully one more match like someone saidagaisn't Huerta and then a Title shot.

Anyone catch that clip postedon Sherdog about Manny Gamburyian cheapshot kicking Cox in the face? Thoughts?

mannycheap_dcd6c28de2d93dce92cc08d4fca3c691.gif

^ Stupid Manny. Either touch gloves and kick or bypass the glove touch and go staight to the kicking; don't fake it and go for a cheapshot.

Roger "the bulge" Huerta is great to watch, but i dont think he can handle the upper echelon of the UFC.

The following 2 weekends feature 2 pay per views:

YAMMA Pit Fighting 04/11/08
MASTERS SUPERFIGHTS (Two Five-Minute Rounds)

Oleg "The Russian Bear" Taktarov VS. Mark "The Titan" Kerr

Butterbean VS. Pat Smith

8 MAN HEAVYWEIGHT TOURNAMENT (One Five-Minute Round & Championship is Three Five-Minute Rounds)

Marcelo "Pato" Pereira
Sherman Pendergarst
Ricco "Suave" Rodriguez
Tony Sylvester
Chris Tuscherer
Travis "The Diesel" Wiuff
Alexey Oleynik
George Bush

UFC 83 04/19/08
MAIN CARD

Champ Matt Serra vs. Georges St. Pierre (title-unification bout)
Rich Franklin vs. Travis Lutter
Nate Quarry vs. Kalib Starnes
Michael Bisping vs. Charles McCarthy
Marc Bocek vs. Mac Danzig

PRELIMINARY CARD

Joe Doerksen vs. Jason MacDonald
Rich Clementi vs. Sam Stout
Alan Belcher vs. Jason Day
Jonathan Goulet vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka
Ed Herman vs. Demian Maia
Brad Morris vs. Cain Velasquez

Originally Posted by Kobe Fan

Roger "the bulge" Huerta is great to watch, but i dont think he can handle the upper echelon of the UFC.

Definitely one of my favorite fighters in the LHW class. I must have watched the Leonard-Huerta fight a billion times as well as the one with Guida.

Posted by MMAjunkie.com Staff [mmajunkie-staff] on Apr 08, 2008 at 3:24 pm in - News

Former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia (24-4) and longtime PRIDE title-holder Fedor Emelianenko (27-1) have agreed to fight on July 19, most likely at theAmerican Airlines Center in Dallas.

The news was first reported by Sherdog.com, which learned of the fight from Emelianenko. According to the report, the event will likely be promoted byAffliction in partnership with HDNet Fights.

Affliction is a popular MMA clothing brand that recently made known its intentions of entering the fight-promotion business.

Sylvia, a longtime UFC fighter who only recently split from the organization, signed a non-exclusive deal with Adrenaline MMA, an organization (formerly knownas M-1 Global) that is run bu his agent, Monte Cox. Sylvia had one fight remaining on his UFC contract, but the organization opted to let him out of the deal.

Upon his split from the UFC, the 32-year-old Miletich fighter issued a warning and told Emelianenko he wanted to fight him.

Emelianenko, who recently severed all ties with M-1 Global (after it was learned he never actually signed with the organization in the first place), remainsone of the sport's most accomplished fighters.

The 32-year-old held the PRIDE Fighting Championships' heavyweight belt for more than four years before the organization's eventual demise this pastsummer. Although he's defeated some of the most notable fighters in the sport, he's fought few (if any) top-tier guys in recent years. He last foughtin December at the Yarennoka! New Year's Eve 2007 show, where he defeated 7-foot-2 Hong Man Choi with a first-round armbar.

How ironic would it be to see big Timmy KO Fedor in the 1st round
laugh.gif

I'm not a fan of either fighter, but I wouldn't mind seeing the 'mystique' of Fedor come to an end.

I'm more excited for Fedor vs. Tim than Fedor vs. Randy. Randy is a good boxer and might catch Fedor when he drops his hands after a combo (he does thisquite a bit) but I doubt he has the actual power to KO Fedor. Still if he happened to catch Fedor I doubt Randy could finish Fedor and there is no way Randy iswinning a decision. Randy probably has about as much chance as Hughes when he fought GSP in December. I expect an absolutely dominate performance and for Danato cry like a ++$*%.

Tim on the other hand has a small, yet realistic chance. He definitely has the power to KO Fedor and Fedor always has some problems with big strikers. I'massuming most will be taking Fedor by armbar but I think Fedor will drop Tim and pound him out.

GSP/Serra whooo can't wait

hopefully GSP can do what he was supposed to do in the first fight, I doubt he keeps it standing for as long as he did last time

i think GSP is gonna work Serra... Dont see it going past the 2nd, but then again i was wrong with their 1st match also lol...

GSP has been looking really sharp lately. I have a funny feeling that GSP is going to totally dominate Serra.

I'm interested to see Mac Danzig fight. He looked like a men amongst boys in the last UF. I guess we'll really see what he's made of now. Speakingof the UF, Mac's counterpart, Tommy "Farm Boy" Spears, didn't look good at all. I have rarely seen someone be so overwhelmed by his or heropponent on a professional level like Spears was by Anderson. I actually felt sorry for the kid. If I were dominated in such a fashion, on a professionallevel, I would honestly have to reevaluate myself and ask myself if I really have a future in this sport.

^^^
that was cheap shot though...homie still got 2 licks in, knowing that he was passed out SMFH !

3 actually.

even swung once when dean was on him.

that's sorryass %$!% .

that's swing till the ref stops it 'rule' should be out the window when the opponent is BLATANTLY unconscious.

Is anyone else watching the YAMMA Pitfighting PPV tonight?!
laugh.gif

I know it's not exaclty 'top talent', but it looks entertaining enough. Plus a friend of mine gets all PPV channels for free so no worries there.

Back
Top Bottom