Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I always thought Anderson was #1 P4P, but after his past few showings, and this fight from GSP tonight, GSP is #1 in my book.

Had the same exact thoughts. For me, it's GSP's class that makes him #1. Dude is a true humble champ.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Kos corner is a joke.

"Try Hard", "Youre in shape"

Are you kidding me? Good instructions. AKA FTL
I don't think there's much you can say though.
laugh.gif
Kos was fresh and he had a hard time taking GSP down. All you could hope for is one of those right hands connecting.

You know you just whooped someone's #@% when the other fighters trainer wipes you down.
laugh.gif
His 1 takedown that he finally got? He can take him down. Close the distance and try for a shot. Go for broke. He can say that the gameplan was to take it to the ground but his coaches thought they could stand with a polished puncher. The coaches blew it on this one.

His 1 takedown that he finally got? He can take him down. Close the distance and try for a shot. Go for broke. He can say that the gameplan was to take it to the ground but his coaches thought they could stand with a polished puncher. The coaches blew it on this one.
And it took some work for him to get that 1 takedown when he was fresh. I'm pretty sure he meant to close the distance, but it's a little hard when you try and get in range and you get a jab in your face coming 4 feet away.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

what's next for GSP??????

what else does he have to prove?

move up a weight class I guess...
Shields already confirmed he was getting the winner of this fight. After Jake then maybe I see him moving up,or he sticks around to fight Condit or Lytle.

Like Mike tyson said, "everyone has a plan til they get punched in the mouth"

Koscheck HAD a plan, but them jabs and that Broken Eye Socket changed all that @!!@

I dont see how Shields gets a title shot of the break like that. He barely beat Kampan I think they should set up Shields vs Condit and that winner gets GSP

I agree with Newbs24 bad game plan for Kos. He should of tried to wrestle early instead of trying to strike with him. GSP striking hasnt gotten way better

Look out Silva

Like Mike tyson said, "everyone has a plan til they get punched in the mouth"

Had the same thoughts. It was like he got punched in the face and forgot who he is.

GSP is still the best. 
pimp.gif

There's no one left in the welterweight division IMO. Shields barely won his last fight which is why he doesn't deserve to be the #1 contender.

I'm only gonna say this once:

Those streams you guys keep begging for are illegal. The next person to request one, share one, or so much as mention that they're watching a fight through one is catching a ban and if it keeps up I'll shut the thread down.

If you want to prevent that from happening, make sure your fellow members follow the rules and use the report feature to help us keep the thread clean.

Originally Posted by Sco cuddie1

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I always thought Anderson was #1 P4P, but after his past few showings, and this fight from GSP tonight, GSP is #1 in my book.

Had the same exact thoughts. For me, it's GSP's class that makes him #1. Dude is a true humble champ.
Co-sign

eek.gif
@ GSP's striking.. kos never had a chance..

Shields knows what his bread and butter is. He will go for takedowns all night. Don't think he is worried about eating a jab.

I think the only way to beat GSP is to get a monster wrestler in there and attempt to take him down. If you throw a striker in with him, he will take him down and finish him. I know GSP has some crazy takedown defense but if he can avoid takedowns for 25 minutes from a guy like Shields, I would be surprised.

That is just MY theory. GSP looks like he has no plans of slowing down and he is dominating anything thrown in front of him. Kid is a beast.

Catch weigh fight with Anderson?

Condit is already set to face Lytle after ducking Fitch.

Fitch was supposed to fight Ellenberger but that fight got scrapped. I'm pretty sure he would of took a fight with Fitch

Anyway I think Hardy would be the best next fight for Koscheck. but he seriously needs to work on his striking.

Joe Silva should just tell George to move up now.  His fight against Shields can be at 185.  The weight cut to 170 drains Shields way too much.
I can't think of any interesting title defenses left for him.

Koscheck did impress me with his takedown defense and ability to get back up.  The only other person I remember recently that stuffed a few of his takedowns was Alves.

Originally Posted by shogun

Joe Silva should just tell George to move up now.  His fight against Shields can be at 185.  The weight cut to 170 drains Shields way too much.
I can't think of any interesting title defenses left for him.

Koscheck did impress me with his takedown defense and ability to get back up.  The only other person I remember recently that stuffed a few of his takedowns was Alves.

If the fight was at 185 it would be pointless because it would be non-title. The point of having those two fight is because they have been the best at 170 for a couple years now. Shields said he gained muscle to move up to 185 and the first weight cut back down was hard, but also said he would be find for the next one. 
-Call me a hater, but as much as I enjoyed GSP's performance, he should have finished Kos. Or at least tried harder in the 4th and 5th. But I understand why he still had to hold back. 

Well, allow me to come in here and eat my crow. Jesus, GSP was IMPRESSIVE on his feet. At first, I didn't think he was really affecting Kos with those jabs... and then I saw Kos's eye after RD 1 and was like DAMMMN. Hats off to GSP. Keeps finding ways to win.

Now... and this is my only critique of the fight and I'm sure I'll get tons of hate for it, but I'm gonna say it anyway.

GSP needs to start finishing fights. The only guy he's finished in his last 5 fights was BJ, and I really dont' feel like BJ took any worse of a beating than Kos or Fitch. To all his opponents credit, we're talking about top-tier, world class welterweights, so just to be able to win so consistently and dominantly sets GSP in a class of his own, I'm not taking anything from him.

But we call for Anderson's head because he plays around, but yet he's prove time and again, he can just end it whenever. I don't see that from GSP. And like I said, it doesn't take away from his dominance, I mean look at Floyd Mayweather, his style wins him alot of fights on decision. Doesn't mean he's any less dominant.

I just feel like there were opportunities for GSP to try and finish Koscheck last night, this coming from a huge Koscheck fan, and I feel like his fear/respect/knowledge of Koscheck's knockout power kept him away.

Either way, terrific fight, hats off to both guys and pretty much everyone on the card. Very impressed with Riddle's heart, Alves looked good too.

Back
Top Bottom