Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

I'll never pay for a UFC event in my life. They have 12 a year and usually only 4 deliver. So far 110 is the only solid one this year. SMH.

On the other hand the next two look real nice.

Rashad won the fight...congrats to him...but the fight left alot to be desired.

Rashad does not deserve a shot at Rua...there needs to a rematch first.

If Dana is smart he does do a rematch and soon...like by September.

People need to understand this as well...Ramapage came into camp at 250 lbs and had to cut to 205.

45 lbs will really hurt you in movement, power and every other category. He also took over a year off, excuses suck but these do factor into the fight.

that being said, Ramapge had his chance to win in the 3rd and didn't take it, his legs were gone. Rematch!

I hope Shogun works on his takedown defense, because I can see another highlight reel KO coming. Salty Rashad chin is very suspect now. 

Originally Posted by juggy4805

I must say veetle is awesome.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

People need to understand this as well...Ramapage came into camp at 250 lbs and had to cut to 205.

45 lbs will really hurt you in movement, power and every other category. He also took over a year off, excuses suck but these do factor into the fight.

that being said, Ramapge had his chance to win in the 3rd and didn't take it, his legs were gone. Rematch!
I honestly could care less about a re match. Rua VS Rashad and Rampage VS Nog would be a lot more entertaining. However, Shogun VS Silva would be the icing on the stale cake. Silva would most likely need to give up his MW belt, though. As far as I see it the MW div is such trash it doesn't matter. So I guess I'd like to see:
Rampage VS Rashad 2
Rua VS Silva
Nog VS Machida
Jones VS Thiago

EDIT: Please, give us Griffin VS Rampage 2. I want to see Rampage beat that bum like he shouldve.

Originally Posted by AMafia

I honestly could care less about a re match. Rua VS Rashad and Rampage VS Nog would be a lot more entertaining. However, Shogun VS Silva would be the icing on the stale cake. Silva would most likely need to give up his MW belt, though. As far as I see it the MW div is such trash it doesn't matter. So I guess I'd like to see:
Rampage VS Rashad 2
Rua VS Silva
Nog VS Machida
Jones VS Thiago

EDIT: Please, give us Griffin VS Rampage 2. I want to see Rampage beat that bum like he shouldve.

Hold on what?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by quiickz

Originally Posted by AMafia

Rampage VS Rashad 2
Rua VS Silva
Nog VS Machida
Jones VS Thiago

Hold on what?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I'm saying I would way rather see Rua fight Silva than Rashad fight Rua. I also really want to see Machida VS Nog and not have Rampage fight him since the UFC will most likely give Rampage Nog or Forrest. The LHW div is stacked with great fighters but I just don't like Rashad.

just got home from watching the fight

man gangsta brillz got robbed
diego looked lost
bisping looked good tonight
my dude melvin with a nice win
eek.gif
russows chin and ko, dana didnt look to happy when duffee was out
laugh.gif

now for my view on the main event. I think a lot of people are upset or disappointed but minus the second round i thought it was a good fight. I knew rashad was going to use his quickness, wrestling and not try to box with rampage. I was expecting some leg kicks but he didnt even throw one. Rampage had a great chance to end the fight in the 3rd which i thought he did but just couldnt connect on some of those punches. I thought it was great reffing by herb not to stop the fight which some refs wouldve done. Rashad regained his composure, got those takedowns and gnp at the end of round helped him. I would like to see a rematch but def not anytime soon, maybe after they both fight different guys

They got to change these fights to 5 rounds.  If you're a professional fighter, you should be able to go 5 rounds.  I don't give a %%!% if you're gassed.  Give the fans what they want.

Originally Posted by JUS3

They got to change these fights to 5 rounds.  If you're a professional fighter, you should be able to go 5 rounds.  I don't give a %%!% if you're gassed.  Give the fans what they want.
They're allowed to change really, big fights to 5 rounds in Vegas.  I don't think they've used that yet.  But watching gassed fighters fight 2 more rounds is not pretty to watch.  If there's a rematch we can hear them talk about how the fight has the biggest buzz they've ever seen in Vegas again.  
alien.gif

Man I can't believe my boy Rampage lost man... my heart stopped for a few seconds when he almost got knocked out 3 seconds into the fight.

He had him in the 3rd, but I don't know what happened.

Rampage looked like he wasn't in to good of a shape though with that big gut he had.

I hate when fighters full the hit and run away crap... makes the fight so lame.

It's like they Mayweather or something trying to win by points. Poking in for a quick jab and lunging back... rinse and repeat.

Hope Shogun murders that little peanut head fool Rashad.

I thought Rampage had it in the 3rd though... he should have just dropped bombs on his face... wide open and he's missing
smh.gif

I also thing that Rampage needs to decide if he wants to be a UFC fighter or pursue other endeavors because he takes such long breaks in between fights and then when it's time for him to fight it's like he has to go through hell and back to get in shape, cut weight, etc.

I hope dude can pull it together though because he's one of my favorite fighters in the UFC/MMA... he's exciting to watch and his highlights from Pride on youtube are
pimp.gif
That powerbomb one is still > *

Rashad implemented a good game plan, won the fight, so congrats.

But I think I speak for a lot of people (maybe I don't) when I say that's not what I (luckily we watched it at Harrah's) paid to see.

Rashad (aside from that initial strike) really showed no intention on trying to finish that fight, in my personal opinion. Maybe Rampage's sprawl defense slowed it down and whatnot, and Rashad did have some nice positions later in the fight.

But watching that go to decision was grossly disappointing.

Originally Posted by doyung9

Rashad implemented a good game plan, won the fight, so congrats.

But I think I speak for a lot of people (maybe I don't) when I say that's not what I (luckily we watched it at Harrah's) paid to see.

Rashad (aside from that initial strike) really showed no intention on trying to finish that fight, in my personal opinion. Maybe Rampage's sprawl defense slowed it down and whatnot, and Rashad did have some nice positions later in the fight.

But watching that go to decision was grossly disappointing.
Eh, that was kind of what I was expecting.  Rashad will continue to fight like he did against Thiago to get wins.  Rampage is slow compared to him.  But I didn't think Rashad was strong enough to hold on to Rampage and wear him down on the fence.

Rashad earned that victory and I must give him his props. That being said, Shogun will tear him apart when they meet. Disappointed in Lil Nog but I had him winning rounds 1 and 3. As for Duffee...
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Club29

CLUB 29 > All the Rampage nuthuggers
Meh.

Been a Rampage fan from time but I ain't gon take this "250lb excuse". He wasn't prepared to fight at all, period. No excuses. He's was stiffer than Kate in Dancing with the Stars.

The boys @ Greg Jackson's camp are well oiled machines. As much as I don't like Rashad's demeanor after he won the title, I gotta give him props for surviving that late onslaught last night. He was seconds away from being done.

Back
Top Bottom