Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

m8390y.gif
moz-screenshot-5.png
moz-screenshot-6.png

Shogun back in Shogun Pride form. 
SMH, at the the guys in blue blazers let the man celebrate his victory. Everyone in his corner should of been allowed to bum rush the cage. Its his moment. 

Battousai701 wrote:
very class act of shogun of stopping on the onslaught of hits when machida got KOed even before the ref came in for the official stoppage.

yeah i noticed that too
smokin.gif

Congrats to Shogun he should've won the first fight.. but eff all that Koschecks post fight interview was great
roll.gif

Anderson needs to relinquish the MW title and perma-move to LHW.

Winner of of Rashad v. Rampage should take on the winner of Anderson v. Thiago Silva (or whomever Joe Silva thinks is up there with the cream of the crop) for the #1 contender rank.

Originally Posted by Battousai701

SHOGUN
pimp.gif

finally the real champion is crowned.

that was a nasty hit on machida. looked like his eye exploded from the inside.

very class act of shogun of stopping on the onslaught of hits when machida got KOed even before the ref came in for the official stoppage.

Nah, Shogun dropped two more bombs after he was out. But I think it was GOW III status punches, getting his frustration out. Either way, I 'm excited for Shogun, hopefully, he can keep it up. No fluke losses, no fluke injuries. 

interested in hearing what rashad has to say about shoguns victory since he could possibly face him

shogun gonna kill anyone not named anderson silva

Originally Posted by CaptainCrown

Nah, Shogun dropped two more bombs after he was out. But I think it was GOW III status punches, getting his frustration out. Either way, I 'm excited for Shogun, hopefully, he can keep it up. No fluke losses, no fluke injuries. 
look at the replay

im talking about how he stopped before the referee came in between them to stop the fight. shogun did throw more than one punch but he stopped own his own without the referee

in most cases u see fighters still dropping bombs on the other already unconscious fighther. then u see the ref basically getting in between them in a hurry.

from the espn website...

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=5173313

On ESPN2 & ESPN.com: 'MMA Live' postfight show, 1 A.M. ET
[h2]Shogun Slays The Dragon[/h2]Mauricio "Shogun" Rua avenged his controversial loss and knocked out Lyoto Machida in Round One of their rematch at UFC 113

i dare anderson silva clown around like an idiot infront of shogun
Anderson would destroy Shogun imo...Anderson is bored and has been bored for a year or two with the fighters that have been put in front of him..;;;

Anderson will not lose a fight in the UFC.. hate him or love him he's the best by far

Originally Posted by CaptainCrown

look at the replay

im talking about how he stopped before the referee came in between them to stop the fight. shogun did throw more than one punch but he stopped own his own without the referee

in most cases u see fighters still dropping bombs on the other already unconscious fighther. then u see the ref basically getting in between them in a hurry.

from the espn website...

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=5173313

On ESPN2 & ESPN.com: 'MMA Live' postfight show, 1 A.M. ET
[h2]Shogun Slays The Dragon[/h2]Mauricio "Shogun" Rua avenged his controversial loss and knocked out Lyoto Machida in Round One of their rematch at UFC 113

I made a quick read and yes, I did watch the replay. The Dragon was put to sleep his eyes rolled back, Shogun dropped two more bombs, then realized he was out cold and not moving. Shogun was just going through the typical motions any fighter in that position would of, then notice his head not moving forward and stopped punching . Like you said Shogun was all class, the ref was in a terrible position and he called the fight after Shogun stopped punching.   
To sum it up, Shogun was all class, but the ref should of stopped it earlier.  

BIG NEWS FROM THE PRESS CONFERENCE - Dana White says Daley is "done, I don't care if he is the best 170 lbs in the world, he's finished"

Props to Shogun saying he has no problem facing gellow Brazilian Anderson Silva because "he is a professional fighter" unlike Machida who said he wouldn't fight spider cause they were friends.

Back
Top Bottom