Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by 2pacalypsmNOW

Question: Who would you guys want Crocop to fight in his return in the UFC????
My dream would be for CroCop to take on Gonzaga at UFC 100 and return him the favor.

pimp.gif

Hell Freakin' Yeah.

Machida finally gets his title shot!

LULz:

http://www.mmatko.com/str...-diaz-vs-frank-shamrock/

[h1]http://mmajunkie.com/news/14254/sha...ning-performances-in-pre-strikeforce-hype.mma[/h1]
[h1]Shamrock, Diaz offer rousing opening performances in pre-Strikeforce hype[/h1]
by John Morgan on Mar 13, 2009 at 9:40 am ET

Nick-Diaz.jpg
HOLLYWOOD, Calif. - Catch weight bouts often seem an exercise in futility. No belts are won, no division rankings are determined, no progress is made.

Such was the concern of many MMA observers when Strikeforce announced their April 11 card at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif., would be headlined by a 179-pound affair between Nick Diaz and Frank Shamrock.

But two minutes -- and two Diaz middle fingers -- into the pre-fight hype between the fighters at Thursday's "Strikeforce: Shamrock vs. Diaz" press conference, and the bout began to take on all the character Strikeforce officials had undoubtedly been counting on.

After Diaz passed on shaking the former UFC champion's hand in lieu of offering his own middle-fingered brand of welcome, Shamrock started the afternoon's proceedings in a typically sarcastic tone - both praising and threatening Diaz in a single breath.

"I love fighting," Shamrock said. "I love this art. I think it's the greatest sport in the world. I'm just honored to be still going, still fighting.

"Nick, God bless you. Thanks for stepping up. When I punch your head through the second row, hopefully there will be somebody there to catch you."

Diaz responded succinctly.

"[Expletive] you," Diaz said.

When asked how he planned on dealing with an opponent that offered only enough respect to deliver an obscene gesture in their first meeting on stage, Shamrock compared Diaz to his own child.

"My son is five years younger than Nick," Shamrock said. "So, you know, I send him to his room. I take away his allowance."

Diaz didn't hesitate in his response.

"When he makes it I'll fight him, too," Diaz said. "Where's he at right out now?"

The emotions continued to swell, and Shamrock utilized a question about the difficulty of receiving medical clearance for the fight to issue a response that pointed out Diaz's long-standing history of marijuana use.

"I had no problems," Shamrock said. "How was that drug test Nick? Have you passed it yet?"

While Diaz responded that he was planning on fighting regardless, he later told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that he took exception to Shamrock's address of his personal choices.

"I don't really give a rat's !*! (if Shamrock doesn't approve of me using marijuana)," Diaz said. "So does Michael Phelps. He's an eight-time [expletive] world champion Olympian, the best Olympic champion of all time. That's a little incentive to get with the program, don't you think?

"If he's going to try an rub that in, I just think, 'Really? You're going to try and bring up old [expletive] like that? Give me a break.'"

The emotions between the two doesn't have a long history. In fact, Shamrock recently told TAGG Radio (www.taggradio.com), the official radio partner of MMAjunkie.com, that he actually has positive feelings regarding his younger opponent.

"I've always liked Nick," Shamrock said. "I know him a little bit socially. He's always been kind and respectful to me. I've got nothing bad to say about him.

"I think he's kind of a knucklehead when it comes to representing himself in the sport, but to each their own. I don't knock anybody for what they do, but I'm certainly going to knock him around a little bit."

Diaz told MMAjunkie.com that the on-stage emotions were not just a business ploy, and that the reason for the dislike was simple.

"If I'm fighting you, I'm not going to like you," Diaz said. "You're just trying to get me for my money. That's all there is to it, and that's personal. I don't see why everybody always tries to act like it's not. This is not a tennis game."

With just under a month until the two fighters square off in their Showtime-broadcast, main-event bout, there will undoubtedly be more verbal barbs thrown along the way. But much to the delight of the gathered crowd at Thursday's pre-fight event, the emotions were already beginning to build.

"I'm ready," Diaz said. "I'm ready right now. We almost had it going today. I'm ready to set it off early."

(Pictured: Nick Diaz)

John Morgan is the lead staff reporter for MMAjunkie.com.

hahahaha Nick Diaz is a clown, and I don't particularly care for him, but he is entertaining. I hope Shamrock wins by brutal KO and we really do see a headgo flying into the 2nd row.

^^That interview actually made me LOL a bit! It will definately be an entertaining fight, but I gotta pull for Diaz in this one. I've never been a F.Shamrock fan.
ohwell.gif

I'm not necessarily a Frank Shamrock fan myself, but with Diaz... its just one of those things. No disrespect to his skills, cause kid can fight, but duderuns his mouth as if he is Fedor/GSP/Silva all rolled into one. I just want to see him get his comeuppance. Just once I want to see Diaz in there trying tothrow his elbows up side to side funky little jabs and then get Mark Munoz'd with a high kick right to the noggin.

So i guess Crocop extended his contract with Dream and has a good chance on getting that rematch with Fedor possibly this year......No more UFC. I like Diazalso but, I hope Frank Shamrock wins!! WAR THE LEGEND! Can't go against the first UFC light-heavyweight champion.

It's over for CroCop now. I know all CC fans, including myself, would have loved to see one more run in the UFC. Fighting Fedor again doesn't meananything now. Sigh..

machida gettin' the title shot he deserves.

the guy has been fighting professionally for 6 years and is undefeated and there are big names on that hit list too.

it was due time for him to get that oppurtunity at a title.

Originally Posted by JordanDon23

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson needs surgery on his jaw and won't be able to fight Rashad Evans as planned on May 23 at UFC 98, UFC president Dana White said.

White said Wednesday that he would give the title shot instead to unbeaten Lyoto Machida.

Jackson said at the postfight news conference for UFC 96 at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio - in which he won a close decision from Keith Jardine to earn the title shot - that he wasn't sure he could make it because his jaw was sore.

White said Wednesday that Jackson was examined on Tuesday in Las Vegas and it was discovered he had torn ligaments in his jaw. He also has a hyperextension of his left elbow.

Jackson will have surgery next week and will not be allowed contact for at least five weeks following.

"Rampage deserved the [title shot], but this is an awesome main event," White said of Evans-Machida, which matches two unbeaten fighters. "A lot of people were complaining to me that Lyoto should have had the shot first. I think it's going to be a great fight and Rampage can go get himself healthy."

Evans is 13-0-1, with only a draw against Tito Ortiz marring his record. Machida is 14-0.

Jackson said Saturday that sparring partner Hector "Sick Dog" Ramirez had hit him with an uppercut several days prior to his win over Wanderlei Silva at UFC 92 on Dec. 27 in Las Vegas, injuring his jaw.

Jackson said he didn't tell White about the injury. Jackson went on to knock out Silva in the first round of that fight, then almost immediately went back into training for the bout with Jardine.

The UFC had planned to make Jackson-Evans the main event of UFC 100, but changed plans on Saturday after learning interim heavyweight champion Frank Mir would be unable to train adequately for a rematch with heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar because of arthroscopic surgery on his knee.

White and matchmaker Joe Silva then decided to move Evans' title defense to UFC 98, with the proviso that Jackson would get the bout if he won and felt he could make it and Machida would get it if Jackson felt he could not.

It would have been an unusually grueling pace for a top-tier fighter, with three high-level bouts in less than five months. Jackson, though, told White on Saturday: "You know I have your back" and promised he would fight if he could physically do it.

"It's not the end of the world because we have a great fight to put on," White said. "It shows you the kind of guy that Rampage is - that he was willing to sacrifice and take this fight because we needed him. You don't forget things like that.

"But we're lucky because we have a great fight to put in there and we don't have problems."

grin.gif
how the hell does rampage deserve a title shot after beating jardine ?
laugh.gif
UFC (dana white) is making me lose interest in the manner of hownumber one contenders are choosen. some kind of point system should instated.
sick.gif

If any of you guys are interested there is a dude on ebay selling UFC 37.5 on dvd. I've bought from him before and they are not bootlegs. I've beenwanting to buy this dvd for about the last 6 years so maybe some of you have been wanting it to. It has Chuck vs Vitor, Lawler, and Yves Edwards on it. Justgiving ya'll a heads up

Originally Posted by Ryda421

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson needs surgery on his jaw and won't be able to fight Rashad Evans as planned on May 23 at UFC 98, UFC president Dana White said.

White said Wednesday that he would give the title shot instead to unbeaten Lyoto Machida.

Jackson said at the postfight news conference for UFC 96 at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio - in which he won a close decision from Keith Jardine to earn the title shot - that he wasn't sure he could make it because his jaw was sore.

White said Wednesday that Jackson was examined on Tuesday in Las Vegas and it was discovered he had torn ligaments in his jaw. He also has a hyperextension of his left elbow.

Jackson will have surgery next week and will not be allowed contact for at least five weeks following.

"Rampage deserved the [title shot], but this is an awesome main event," White said of Evans-Machida, which matches two unbeaten fighters. "A lot of people were complaining to me that Lyoto should have had the shot first. I think it's going to be a great fight and Rampage can go get himself healthy."

Evans is 13-0-1, with only a draw against Tito Ortiz marring his record. Machida is 14-0.

Jackson said Saturday that sparring partner Hector "Sick Dog" Ramirez had hit him with an uppercut several days prior to his win over Wanderlei Silva at UFC 92 on Dec. 27 in Las Vegas, injuring his jaw.

Jackson said he didn't tell White about the injury. Jackson went on to knock out Silva in the first round of that fight, then almost immediately went back into training for the bout with Jardine.

The UFC had planned to make Jackson-Evans the main event of UFC 100, but changed plans on Saturday after learning interim heavyweight champion Frank Mir would be unable to train adequately for a rematch with heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar because of arthroscopic surgery on his knee.

White and matchmaker Joe Silva then decided to move Evans' title defense to UFC 98, with the proviso that Jackson would get the bout if he won and felt he could make it and Machida would get it if Jackson felt he could not.

It would have been an unusually grueling pace for a top-tier fighter, with three high-level bouts in less than five months. Jackson, though, told White on Saturday: "You know I have your back" and promised he would fight if he could physically do it.

"It's not the end of the world because we have a great fight to put on," White said. "It shows you the kind of guy that Rampage is - that he was willing to sacrifice and take this fight because we needed him. You don't forget things like that.

"But we're lucky because we have a great fight to put in there and we don't have problems."

grin.gif
laugh.gif
UFC (dana white) is making me lose interest in the manner of how number one contenders are choosen. some kind of point system should instated.
sick.gif

Huh? Rampage was JUST the champ after beating the most dominant guy in the division.

After owning Silva he should have gotten his rematch.

Originally Posted by NikeMax

If any of you guys are interested there is a dude on ebay selling UFC 37.5 on dvd. I've bought from him before and they are not bootlegs. I've been wanting to buy this dvd for about the last 6 years so maybe some of you have been wanting it to. It has Chuck vs Vitor, Lawler, and Yves Edwards on it. Just giving ya'll a heads up

I need that dvd. I'mat work, can't get on eBay, how much is he asking for it??

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

Originally Posted by NikeMax

If any of you guys are interested there is a dude on ebay selling UFC 37.5 on dvd. I've bought from him before and they are not bootlegs. I've been wanting to buy this dvd for about the last 6 years so maybe some of you have been wanting it to. It has Chuck vs Vitor, Lawler, and Yves Edwards on it. Just giving ya'll a heads up

I need that dvd. I'mat work, can't get on eBay, how much is he asking for it??
$27.99 with shipping

Originally Posted by Bastitch

grin.gif
laugh.gif
UFC (dana white) is making me lose interest in the manner of how number one contenders are choosen. some kind of point system should instated.
sick.gif

Huh? Rampage was JUST the champ after beating the most dominant guy in the division.

truth ! but chuck was already washed up, that was his going out party. and to say that rampage deserved a title shot after beating silva, meansthat silva was the near the number one contender.... IDK maybe I'm just bitter because of the fact that brock is considered the top heavyweight guy, whenin reality he has not faced "tough" competition.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

truth ! but chuck was already washed up, that was his going out party. and to say that rampage deserved a title shot after beating silva, means that silva was the near the number one contender.... IDK maybe I'm just bitter because of the fact that brock is considered the top heavyweight guy, when in reality he has not faced "tough" competition.

to quote Bas...

HUH?!?!?!

I'm not even sure what point you are trying to make. If you want to take it all the way back to when Rampage took Lidell out, he followed that up bybeating Hendo who at the time was arguably a top 10 P4P fighter. Lost the strap to Forrest in a very close 5 rd championship fight via decision, then KO'dWandy (who is/was arguably a top-5 205er at that time) in devastating fashion. Most recently he followed that up with a win over a solid fighter in Jardine. Does Lyoto deserve a shot? Absolutely. In fact, I thought that Lyoto deserved one before Rampage, but lets not take anything away from Rampage. Its not likehes out there steamrolling through a buncha tomato cans. Furthermore, you fail to take into consideration that the UFC is a BUSINESS. As a business theirprimary function is to generate revenue and turn a profit for its shareholders/owners. Rampage sells tickets and PPV buys. Machida doesn't. As much asit sucks, they have to take that into consideration.

"IDK maybe I'm just bitter because of the fact that brock is considered the top heavyweight guy, when in reality he has not faced "tough"competition. "

I don't consider myself a Brock fan by anymeans but c'mon... Calling Brock a paper champ for his limited fight record was soooooo 2008. If RandyCouture does not qualify as being "tough" competition, then I don't know who is. Say what you want about the layoff, his age, the color of hisshorts, whatever. But Randy was the champ, and tradition has it that if you beat the champ, you are the champ, end of discussion. If you think he'soverrated or whatever, put your money where your mouth is. He is a 2:1 favorite over Mir. You stand to make a pretty good return on your investment if youbet on Mir.

Rampage shouldn't have lost that fight to Griffin in the first place. After beating Silva he should have gotten that rematch. Jardine was a waste of timeand the fact they wanted him to take on Rashad 2 months later was a joke. Rampage better be in good condition mentally and come in with a good plan when hetakes on Machida
grin.gif

Kimbo is leaving MMA for boxing - 'the training is extremely hard'
Bahamian Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) professional fighter Kevin 'Kimbo Slice' Ferguson, speaking exclusively with The Nassau Guardian yesterday, disclosed plans to venture into the professional boxing arena as soon as his contract is fulfilled.

The 35-year-old 6'2", 235-pound phenomenon expressed these intentions on Monday, a day before returning to his Miami, Florida based home. Ferguson became a household name after signing a professional contract with Showtime's EliteXC in 2007. Before that, he gained notoriety on the underground fighting scene through the Internet.

"Boxing is really my first desire. I have a lot of love for it and believe I can do pretty well. [The sport of] MMA is somewhat of a project for me. Boxing is one dimensional while there are a lot of dimensions in MMA. I don't think it would be a hard transition from MMA to stand-up boxing because of my fighting style," noted Ferguson, who has brought international prestige to The Bahamas through his MMA exploits.

Nonetheless, making the transition from MMA to professional boxing presents challenges.

"Not taking anything away from boxing preparation, MMA training is extremely hard," said Ferguson. "When you consider martial arts training, you have to prepare for kicks to the head and legs, and opponents wanting to grapple and throwing you to the ground, pounding you with their knees and hands, whereas in boxing you just have to be prepared to weave and bob although the training can be just as intense. At this point in my career, I want to take that same drive and focus that I invested in MMA and put that into training for pro-boxing cards."

The extreme fighting machine does have preference as to where he wants to make his pro boxing debut.

"Out of no disrespect to my country, seeing as I am there [United States] and already established a relationship in the fighting world, I would have to continue that until I get officially set up. Furthermore, I have two more MMA fights scheduled before this year is out. Every fighter and athlete knows that you should not switch camps in the middle of something. Also, I train in Florida. My MMA trainer will also be training me for stand up boxing. Finishing up my contract would allow me to be a free agent," he said.

Ferguson further noted that those two fights have tentative schedules, so putting a time frame on the fulfillment of his contract is impossible.

"The last two fights that I have left in MMA don't have set dates," he said. "Everything normally gets set up six to eight weeks prior to the fight. Nearer to that point I would be told the particulars like who my opponent is and where the fight would be. With boxing, you can have a fight on Monday and if you are well you can have another fight the following week. Before the month is out, you would have already fought on several cards. In MMA, whether you are well or not, there is a six-week waiting period before you can engage in any other battle.

"In some cases, if you are too far advanced in promoting a MMA fight, anything can happen to the fighter. A fighter can get an injury, causing him to pull out of the fight; like Shamrock [MMA fighter Ken Shamrock] getting a cut above his eye and backing out at the last minute. That left me having to fight an opponent who I knew nothing about. If the fight is called off then it would mean bad business for that promoter and that also affected me," explained Ferguson.

Ferguson currently sports a win/loss record of 3-1 with two knockdowns and one submission. The gentle giant added that he was surprised at the local support generated while visiting the island of his birth. He arrived in town last Thursday and is scheduled to leave today [Tuesday].

"I represented my country well in a sport that I love and I had no idea that I had touched Bahamians this way," he said. "I even went to some of the schools and the children loved me there. It was an overwhelming feeling and I will continue to do my best. I am not just doing this [career] for me, I am representing my whole country. Now I have more of a reason to continue my fight, so I will continue to pray and put God first in my life," he added.

http://www.thenassauguardian.com/sports/20815556953147.php

Guess no one wanted to train him after Bas left
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom