Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

"I wanted White Horse, because I rode in on a white horse...."

LOL

Too many quotable. I wish I had a video on my computer.

ehh I only lost $12 last night but it was a good night anyways. I'm glad I didn't go to the bar to see the fights because they weren't that great.

That was pretty good ppv. Carwin is the real deal, his chin is solid and he got back on his feet with Gonzaga on top that says alot about him. Carwin has majorpower, if he gets more technical the HW division better watch out. Rampage did well, I know the Jackson camp would have a game plan like that and he stillknocked Jardine down twice. Rashad's undefeated streak will come to an end in May.

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

ehh I only lost $12 last night but it was a good night anyways. I'm glad I didn't go to the bar to see the fights because they weren't that great.

laugh.gif

C'mon man, they might not have been 'classics', but they were damn sure entertaining! My picks last night were on point, 8/10.
pimp.gif

saw this live last night but wasnt able to follow all of the dialogue, yeah i know its hype but this ***@$ rashad must be crazy talkin about giving rampage thefirst shot with his hands down, rampage?� giving rampage the first shot?� rampage who arguably has both the heaviest hands and the toughest chin at 205?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i like rashad but i cant wait to see rampage get his title back and then take on machida, if theres one guy in the ufc that can beat machida its rampage, onlyproblem though is that rashad only has like 2 and a half months inbetween now and his fight with rashad, that might not be enough time

100x better
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Pretty good night of fights.
Rampage vs Rashad will be awesome!
Vera looked great, I think he can become a top contender at 205.

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Did anyone see Tamdan McCrory's post fight interview? That has gotta be the FUNNIEST thing I've ever seen.

PS Rashad sucks, and the haters will continue doubting Rampage 'til the day he dies, but it is what it is.
Funny how you say people doubt Rampage when it's the opposite. Rashad gets the most #$@ from these MMA forum type dudes. Needless to sayit's gonna be an exciting fight, Machida deserved it, not Rampage. Rashad KO's Rampage. Machida beats Rashad by Unanimous/Stoppage.

good fights overall

rampage actually working on his leg kicks body kicks and takedowns is a real good progression. he just needs to improve on his conditioning seeing that he wasa lil tired on the 3rd round. prolly cuz of overtraining from the last fight he had.

i knew munoz was gonna get hit like that... dude had his left hand down the whole time.

the matt brown fight was ok. the ref messed up the whole thing. he was wrong for stopping it too early and then he was wrong for stopping it too late.

carwin always has that KO power, just needs to be more technical about it and he can be a legit title contender.

wat impressed me the most was Brandon Vera... dude was greatly improvedfrom his last fight. looks like he getting acclimated to the 205 division. he just needs to be disciplined and stay that way and hes got the potential to bethe 205 champ. btw... those were some nasty leg kicks. he could have went in for the kill and punished the dude some more on the ground.

Gonzaga really let me down last night and not just cuz i lost $50
laugh.gif
but he was winning the whole time but decided to drop his hands during an exchange with0 head movement. Rampage IMO is probably the most consistent top level dude i've seen at LHW and I believe he defeats Rashad in May. (Off topic how muchlonger until we see Ricardo Arona?)

I went to see the watchmen and missed this.. but, Gonzaga got knocked out? Damn and lovely to hear Rampage won, I'm hyped for his next fight, can'tunderestimate Rashad.

Rashad/Rampage will be an awesome fight. Sucks that Machida will have to wait. I'm confident The dragon can be both although I think Rashad'sathleticism will give him more trouble.

UFC[emoji]174[/emoji] Comes To Germany!
For the first time ever, the UFC[emoji]174[/emoji] travels to mainland Europe! On Saturday, June 13, former middleweight champion Rich Franklin meets Wanderlei Silva!

I don't know what to say about this fight.
laugh.gif
..Random.

It's reported that 'Page is injured so Machida will be fighting @ UFC98: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/ufc/article2311041.ece

I believe this is good injury or no injury...there's so little time in between cards to train. I'd rather see Machida go for the belt first to see onhow:

- Real Rashad is and if he has improved yet again

- how good really Machida is since Rashad's the toughest opponent to date

to me, that's a better card then seeing Rashad going against Rampage.

'Tapout' Owner Dead in Car Crash
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Loretta Hunt
thumbnail_crop.php
Charles "Mask" Lewis, one of the founding members of theultra-popular Tapout clothing brand, died in a car crash around 1 a.m. on Wednesday in Newport Beach, Calif., according to a close friend and business partner.

Sherdog.com is awaiting confirmation from Orange County Coroner's Office spokesman Jim Amormino.

Lewis, a star of the Versus reality TV show "Tapout," was 45 years old.

He was announced dead at the scene of an accident believed to have involved his red Ferrari and a white Porsche, said Lt. Fox, of the Newport Beach PoliceDept.

A female, who was identified as Lewis' girlfriend by friends, was ejected from the car and rushed to Western Medical Center, where she is believed to be instable condition.

Authorities have not been able to determine who was driving the Ferrari due to the excessive damage incurred.

The accident was not depicted as a race between cars, although the two vehicles were traveling alongside one another in the same direction on the three-laneJamboree Road.

"The end of the accident was witnessed by one of our on-duty officers," said Lt. Fox. "What the officer saw -- he was driving in the oppositedirection -- he saw two vehicles out of control, spinning around. One, a red Ferrari hit the curb, struck a pole and broke in half."

Lt. Fox said the officer observed a white Porsche stop at the scene and then take off a few seconds later southbound on Jamboree Road.

Skid marks were recorded at the scene, said Lt. Fox, denoting high speeds may have been involved.

A second police unit retrieved the Porsche, which also had moderate body damage, a short distance away from the accident on a side street. A man identified asJeffery D. Kirby and a woman were observed walking away from the vehicle.

"Through an investigation of the officers, it was determined that the male was the driver of the Porsche," said Lt. Fox.

Kirby, 51, of Costa Mesa, Calif., was arrested for gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated, while the unidentified female was charged with publicintoxication. Kirby is being held on $1 million bail at the Newport Beach Jail.

The well-liked Lewis left an indelible mark in mixed martial arts. As one of three founding members of the "Tapout Crew," Lewis and his partnersdebuted their logo in November 1997 and built a multimillion-dollar clothing business virtually from scratch, selling T-shirts out of their cars at grassrootsevents into the early 2000s. Lewis and his partners were noted for their dedication to the sport's advancement, as well as their generosity as sponsors tocountless MMA fighters.

Lewis also trained with many of the sport's athletes and was anonymously featured with former UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz on the cover of the UFC video game "Throwdown."

Lewis' alter ego, the heavily tattooed, face-painted "Mask," was a fan favorite at events alongside his coverts "Skyscrape" and"Punkass," and were known for their outrageous costumes and outgoing behavior. The "Tapout" name quickly became synonymous with the sport,especially with the support it received from the UFC and numerous champion fighters.

The jet-setting trio became the subject of the "Tapout" reality TV series on Versus debuting in June 2007, where the crew toured the nation to scoutout promising up-and-comers to don their brand. The series ended its second season in September 2008.

Friends have said that Lewis is survived by a brother.
dpt-crash011209.jpg
smallish_3346640181_596cf850e9_o.jpg
smallish_3347478334_b5e8c9fede_o.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RIP

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

laugh.gif

C'mon man, they might not have been 'classics', but they were damn sure entertaining! My picks last night were on point, 8/10.
pimp.gif
hahahaha seriously. If you dont consider that a great card I dont know what is. Main event was competitve through all 3 rounds. Plenty ofKO's, sick headkick, and more.

Anyone know if its confirmed that Rampage will not take the UFC 99 fight and give it to Machida?

Am I offbase in thinking that casual UFC fans will have any interest in a potential Kang vs. Akiyama II? Make it happen Joe Silva, I'll watch!
happy.gif

I hope this is the nail to Shamrock's coffin.

Juicing @ your own event ...which was the MAIN EVENT...
smh.gif
$*% is this meathead thinking?
Shamrock Suspended for Steroids
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Loretta Hunt
thumbnail_crop.php
UFC legend Ken Shamrock has been suspended for one year for testing positive for the steroid Stanozolol, as well as two Nandrolone-based substances, 19-Norandrosterone and 19-Noretiocholanolone, according to a statement issued by the California State Athletic Commission on Wednesday.

Shamrock, who turned 45 on Feb. 13, picked up a one-minute victory over super heavyweight Ross Clifton at Wargods "Valentine's Eve Massacre" on Feb. 14 in Fresno, Calif. Shamrock's production company also co-promoted the event.

Shamrock's manager and attorney Rod Donohoo said the fighter has adamantly denied the allegations and will appeal the suspension.

"Ken was taking legal over-the-counter products, and based upon our preliminary research, I'm investigating if those products were the result of these findings," Donohoo told Sherdog.com on Wednesday.

Ken Shamrock vs. Ross Clifton.
Shamrock was scheduled to face fellow WWE pro wrestler Bobby Lashley in a headlining heavyweight bout for the Roy Jones Jr.-helmed Square Ring Promotion's "March Badness" on March 21 at the Pensacola Civic Center in Pensacola, Fla. However, the Florida State Boxing Commission will likely uphold the CSAC's suspension and an appeals process will not be completed before March 21.

Donohoo told Sherdog.com that he will request an expedited appeal.

"Ken is willing to submit to immediate testing in Sacramento to prove his innocence," said Donohoo.

If the suspension is not overturned, Shamrock will be eligible to re-apply for licensure in California after Feb. 1, 2010 and will pay a $2,500 fine.

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson needs surgery on his jaw and won't be able to fight Rashad Evans as planned onMay 23 at UFC 98, UFC president Dana White said.

White said Wednesday that he would give the title shot instead to unbeaten Lyoto Machida.

Jackson said at the postfight news conference for UFC 96 at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio - in which he won a close decision from Keith Jardine to earnthe title shot - that he wasn't sure he could make it because his jaw was sore.

White said Wednesday that Jackson was examined on Tuesday in Las Vegas and it was discovered he had torn ligaments in his jaw. He also has a hyperextensionof his left elbow.

Jackson will have surgery next week and will not be allowed contact for at least five weeks following.

"Rampage deserved the [title shot], but this is an awesome main event," White said of Evans-Machida, which matches two unbeaten fighters. "Alot of people were complaining to me that Lyoto should have had the shot first. I think it's going to be a great fight and Rampage can go get himselfhealthy."

Evans is 13-0-1, with only a draw against Tito Ortiz marring his record. Machida is 14-0.

Jackson said Saturday that sparring partner Hector "Sick Dog" Ramirez had hit him with an uppercut several days prior to his win over WanderleiSilva at UFC 92 on Dec. 27 in Las Vegas, injuring his jaw.

Jackson said he didn't tell White about the injury. Jackson went on to knock out Silva in the first round of that fight, then almost immediately wentback into training for the bout with Jardine.

The UFC had planned to make Jackson-Evans the main event of UFC 100, but changed plans on Saturday after learning interim heavyweight champion Frank Mirwould be unable to train adequately for a rematch with heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar because of arthroscopic surgery on his knee.

White and matchmaker Joe Silva then decided to move Evans' title defense to UFC 98, with the proviso that Jackson would get the bout if he won and felthe could make it and Machida would get it if Jackson felt he could not.

It would have been an unusually grueling pace for a top-tier fighter, with three high-level bouts in less than five months. Jackson, though, told White onSaturday: "You know I have your back" and promised he would fight if he could physically do it.

"It's not the end of the world because we have a great fight to put on," White said. "It shows you the kind of guy that Rampage is - thathe was willing to sacrifice and take this fight because we needed him. You don't forget things like that.

"But we're lucky because we have a great fight to put in there and we don't have problems."

grin.gif

i hope evans/machida or rampage hangs onto the belt for a while. this thing keeps getting passed around.

Back
Top Bottom