Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Spider with the 99 rating like Jordan on NBA Live.
pimp.gif

Quinten
mad.gif

Kimbo
indifferent.gif
, I'm losing more and more respect for him and Elite. Come on Ken? Why not Frank? Heck let him revenge his loss to Gannon. Dudes are laughing and the hate for Kimbo grows because they throwing him bones.

I totally agree with EliteXC giving him 'easy' opponents. The guy has 3 PRO fights for crying out loud!! I understand Brock is getting tough opponents,but he's a former NCAA wrestling champ, so he has some type of competitive experience and backgorund. Kimbo on the other hand had been training MMA forLESS THAN 2 years! Give the man break, he isn't the one picking his opponents.

Regardless of the hate that Kimbo is getting, I will be watching and excited to see this fight. Hopefully a fight with Brett Rogers will come after, I think hewill be more of a test because most people will say Kimbo should have won if he beats Shamrock or if he loses they'll just say he was overratted, garbage,etc. It's a lose-lose situation for him, but a money making one for Elite XC.

I'll be rooting for Shamrock, but I'll also be praying he doesn't get killed. I forget the name of the scrub that last beat Shamrock, but if hecould, I don't see why Kimbo won't knock Shamrock's head off.

I'd love to see Shamrock take Kimbo down and tap him out, though.

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

[table][tr][td]
Shamrock Gets Next Shot at 'Slice'

[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
thumbnail_crop.php

Monday, August 25, 2008
by Loretta Hunt ([email protected])

Ken Shamrock (Pictures) will be the fourth man to face Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson (Pictures) when the two icons clash at EliteXC's third installment of "Saturday Night Fights" Oct. 4 at the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, Fla. The headlining bout will anchor a live broadcast on CBS.

Sherdog.com confirmed the bout's signing with multiple parties aware of the fight, while a press release is expected to circulate later today with the news.

The 44-year-old Shamrock (26-13-2) beat out fellow candidates Sean Gannon and Brett Rogers (Pictures), who called out Slice in May, for the coveted slot.

Shamrock, a 15-year veteran of the game who made his storied Octagon debut at UFC 1 in November 1993, has dropped his last five bouts in a row since 2005, including a lackluster showing against brawler Robert Berry (Pictures) at Cage Rage 25 last March.

However, "The World's Most Dangerous Man" exudes substantial selling power for a match now only five and a half weeks away. A strong personality in and out of the cage, Shamrock's 15 appearances in the UFC earned him international recognition alongside his original nemesis Royce Gracie (Pictures).

Slice (3-0) earned a third-round victory against Brit James Thompson (Pictures) in his last foray for EliteXC in May. The bout was much criticized for its questionable officiating, placing Ferguson's skill set in doubt after Thompson held the advantage for sizable stretches of the 11-minute contest. Ferguson holds previous wins over David "Tank" Abbott (Pictures) and Bo Cantrell (Pictures).
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]

[/td] [/tr][/table]I'm all for building up Kimbo and making EliteXC money, but I don't agree with it being at Shamrock's expense
ohwell.gif

Kimbos handlers are scared to put him up against rogers...
smh.gif

I can't stand Kimbo or Shamrock...hopin for a double KO hahaha.

Dan Severn in the game %$*??? that's cool I guess

Next weekend's card:

MAIN CARD

Rashad Evans vs. Chuck Liddell
Rich Franklin vs. Matt Hamill
Karo Parisyan vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida
Dan Henderson vs. Rousimar Palhares
Martin Kampmann vs. Nate Marquardt

PRELIMINARY CARD

Kurt Pellegrino vs. Thiago Tavares
Tim Boetsch vs. Mike Patt
Matt Brown vs. Dong Hyun Kim
Roan Carneiro vs. Ryo Chonan
Jason Lambert vs. Jason MacDonald

MAIN CARD

Rashad Evans vs. Chuck Liddell (tough call but rashad by decision)
Rich Franklin vs. Matt Hamill (decision)
Karo Parisyan vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida (submission, round 2)
Dan Henderson vs. Rousimar Palhares (tko, round 1)

chonnan isnt undercard material. bump him up.

^ Really Clutch? I gotta go with Chuck by TKO. I think Chuck will be too motivated to fight Forrest for the title for him to lose. I think he'll be able tostuff all Rashad's takedowns.

yeah im rooting for the iceman, because i wanna see chuck get that lhw title back but rashad is a great wrestler and a super athlete, and chuck has lost a stepto age. i said it before but i think rashad can pit liddell on his rear for 3 rounds and win a boring one.

but of course rashad is going to do what a lot of fighters seem to be doing these days in the biggest fights of their careers. 'try something new' andstand instead of using his strengths. he has a better chance to beat liddell in a 3 rounder.

i still find it odd watching liddell in 3 round fights. he can obviously put rashad's lights out at any second but im going against the grain with thisone.

MAIN CARD

PRELIMINARY CARD

I hope the Dong Hyun Kim fight makes it onto the PPV. Chonan v. Carneiro is another one I really want to see.

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

MAIN CARD

PRELIMINARY CARD

Same pics except I'm going Tavares and MacDonald

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
eek.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

When Randy Couture decided to leave the UFC under a storm of controversy, he stated that only one fight made sense to close out his glittering career, a fight with the Russian star, Fedor Emelianenko. It would appear however that a new target has appeared on his radar and an announcement could be made as early as UFC 88 weekend.

That target seems to be former pro-wrestler, Brock Lesnar, who is fresh off an impressive display against Heath Herring at UFC 87. With Nogueira tied up with a clash against Mir in December and other UFC heavyweights not possessing the star power or interest to tempt Couture back to action, the UFC have turned to Lesnar to put together a fight that could smash every past event record.

Let's put this into perspective. Lesnar's PPV's draw massive viewing figures even in his early mma career, drawing the pro-wrestling fans interested in seeing a former favourite compete. On top of that, the die hard mma fans would be desperate to see Couture back in action after over a year away and all of this would enable them to pay Couture the kind of money he seems to be seeking. In Portland Oregon, they also have the perfect venue, a 20,000+ arena, The Rose Garden, which could bare witness to one of the biggest fights in UFC history.

As we exclusively brought to you yesterday, Randy Couture is in talks with the UFC about a possible return to action, seeing out his four fight contract he signed when he came out of retirement to capture the heavyweight title. He has also begun training back at Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas in preparation for an upcoming fight rumoured to be in Portland Oregon at UFC 91.

By Michael Pepper
Source: http://mmabay.co.uk/Story LesnarlinedupforCouture.htmlhttp://mmabay.co.uk/Story Lesnarlined ... uture.html
let this happen if we cant get fedor
pimp.gif

I hope Kampmann beats Nate. Kampmann is a good fighter and I would be much more interested in seeing him fight Anderson than *%@@+#$ Cote.

I don't see why Randy would want this fight. He has nothing to gain and everything to lose. I still want to see him fight Big Nog.

Originally Posted by NikeMax

I don't see why Randy would want this fight. He has nothing to gain and everything to lose. I still want to see him fight Big Nog.
really? big nog is boring imo.. i would rather see him stop brock with his dirty boxing but it might be kinda challenging with brocks strenght...

and randy might have something to gain if he beats brock since fedor is also eyeing out brock .. if randy beats brock then there would be no reason for fedorto eye out anyone but randy
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by UFCkid

really? big nog is boring imo.. i would rather see him stop brock with his dirty boxing but it might be kinda challenging with brocks strenght...

and randy might have something to gain if he beats brock since fedor is also eyeing out brock .. if randy beats brock then there would be no reason for fedor to eye out anyone but randy
nerd.gif
Actually your right-big nog is kinda boring but the worst part is he didn't used to be. He became a defensive fighter ever since he firstfought Fedor. Also about Randy, I think if he loses to an ex pro wrestler and wannabe football player (which I don't think he will, but he might) he'sgonna look like a chump. I'm to big of a Couture fan to wanna see that happen I guess. And if Fedor really wanted to fight Randy, he would have made ithappen already

Originally Posted by UFCkid

and randy might have something to gain if he beats brock since fedor is also eyeing out brock .. if randy beats brock then there would be no reason for fedor to eye out anyone but randy
nerd.gif
Actually your right-big nog is kinda boring but the worst part is he didn't used to be. He became a defensive fighter ever since he first fought Fedor. Also about Randy, I think if he loses to an ex pro wrestler and wannabe football player (which I don't think he will, but he might) he's gonna look like a chump. I'm to big of a Couture fan to wanna see that happen I guess. And if Fedor really wanted to fight Randy, he would have made it happen already

yeah if randy loses to brock .. then theres no point in him fighting fedor.. actually randy might return for a 1 fight "out of the court contract " i read somewhere but only time will tell.... and actually fedor and randy wanted to fight each other for a while now but under zuffas contract with randy andthe whole court situation they couldnt fight each other due to the no fight clause he was in.. but i think thats all over now.. they might fight by the end ofthe year or ealy january (as i read from an article)

and

complete affliction 2 fight card
Andrei Arlovski Vs. Josh Barnett
Vladimir Matyushenko Vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Ben Rothwell Vs. Pedro Rizzo
Jason High Vs. Mike Pyle
Paul Buentello Vs. Roy Nelson
Antonio Duarte Vs. Albert Rios
Chris Horodecki Vs. Dan Lauzon
Matt Lindland Vs. Trevor Prangley
Jay White Vs. Chase Gormley

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

randy/fedor is the only fight i wanna see couture in.

probabaly will happen but not anytime soon now..

heres the follow up story of what i was talkin about with the brock/couture deal .. and the 1 fight deal with the ufc.

Randy "The Natural" Couture, the estranged current UFC heavyweight champion has approached the promotion about a one fight, out of court settlement, to conclude their bitter contract dispute that has dragged on for almost a year.

As Mmabay EXCLUSIVELY reported on Wednesday, there is a strong possibility that he could indeed return at UFC 91, headlining the event in Portland Oregon and he is indeed back in training for a future fight.

As we also EXCLUSIVELY reported, Brock Lesnar is the man the UFC are talking about pitting him against and an announcement could come as soon as UFC 88 weekend. This comes off the back of Chieck Kongo, the man originally lined up for Lesnar, becoming unavailable due to injury.

Our story has now been backed by The Chicago Chronicle and cagepotato.com, who's report added:

"In June, when the UFC was desperate for a London main event replacement for Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture supposedly made an offer to fight Nogueira if he would be allowed to leave and fight elsewhere immediately after. The UFC turned it down. I don't believe they are any more likely to accept the settlement now, especially with an arbitration decision about to be handed down."

The thought is that Couture would, if the offer was accepted, be stripped of the title and matched against Brock Lesnar, a fight that could draw bigger PPV numbers than the Fedor fight ever could. This would then leave Randy free to pursue that fight under the Affliction banner.

By Michael Pepper.
Source: 20CoutureoffersUFCdeal.html
i think couture is worried about losing the battle with zuffa .. thats why he wants this... cuz i doubt that the ufc came to him with thisproposition since clearly they have 2 more fights under couture's contract
laugh.gif

The UFC will hold a media conference call today at 3 p.m. ET (noon P.T.), and according to our content partners at Yahoo! Sports, the organization willofficially announce the return of formerly estranged UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture (16-8 MMA, 8-5 UFC) to the organization.

As part of his return to the UFC, Couture is expected to fight Brock Lesnar in the main event of UFC 91 on Nov. 15.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) first reported the possibility of Couture's return last week.

Since then, negotiations have quickly progressed, and the 45-year-old UFC hall-of-famer has reportedly agreed to a new three-fight deal.

A long-term contract likely means Couture and the UFC will give up on their long-running legal battle regarding his former contract.

Couture hasn't fought since a TKO victory over Gabriel Gonzaga at UFC 74 in August 2007.

Back
Top Bottom