Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Since there are a good amount of Lakers fans on here who are knowledgeable about their jerseys, I would appreciate feedback and clarity on this assumed discrepancy on my part about a particular jersey. I'm thinking about parting with it because of that.

I know the Lakers script placement on the front of the '70s & '80s jerseys were slanted. But I believe they were revised to be somewhat perfectly horizontal by the time Shaq & Kobe joined them in 1996. I know they were perfectly horizontally placed when they changed to those 2000s-style jerseys.

I have a feeling the Lakers script placement on the front of this 2007-08 60th anniversary jersey is incorrectly slanted. It would be a shame if it was inaccurate because it's a cool jersey based on Kobe's lone MVP season in his career.
IMG_5466.JPG

Here's the 2008-09 version that I feel has the correct horizontal placement on the front.
IMG_5980.JPG

Here's a closeup of the 2007-08 version that I feel has an inaccurate slanted placement.
IMG_5468.JPG

Here's a closeup of the 2008-09 version that I feel has the correct horizontal placement.
IMG_6204.JPG

If the placement on the front of the 2007-08 version is incorrect, then it really doesn't make sense because it's literally the same jersey as the 2008-09 version, with the only difference being the years.

So, am I right for assuming the 2007-08 version has the wrong slanted placement on the front?

Anyone know how to contact the NBA store AU? The tracking number they gave me has never shown up on the international tracking site and it said my jersey should be coming today on their site (NBA) But I’ve got no shipping updates

Just for discussion since I'm bored at work, but what are some of you alls forbidden jerseys you'd rock?

For me it's a Cowgirl jersey, DWade, and a WNBA joint lol

Curious to see some of yalls choices.

Just for discussion since I'm bored at work, but what are some of you alls forbidden jerseys you'd rock?

Boston
Montreal toilet seats

Dodgers

Can't stand the Giants or Boston.

I would rock a Bonds Giants jersey...but would never rock any Celtics jersey. Just can't do it.

That rivalry runs too deep.

Was just thinking about this re-NBA

Recently was able to get past Jazz hate and cop the purple shorts

Probably just Celtics, Clippers, Thunder, Pelicans, Cavs

Baseball: Red Sox, Cardinals, Cubs, Guardians

Cowboys , giants, Yankees, mets, WFT

I have to ask, why wouldn’t you wear a D.Wade jersey?

I can’t do any woke athletes or anyone who disrespect our flag.

And anything Boston Celtics, San Francisco Giants and Dallas Cowboys as well.

Hes not serious... hes just running with that schtick that other guys been playing for the past however many years that people seem to still find funny

The main reason I haven’t copped the Atlanta Vick jersey is because of what he did to WSH during the Monday Night Massacre as an Eagle. I was there… Considering a Lamar Jackson jersey as a “compromise” but a Ravens jersey is also sacrilegious to me :lol: . Those are the only two on my list that I’m truly conflicted about because I like the players.

Back
Top Bottom