Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Baseball = basketball = football

They are all dope AF and u need to understand their nuances to get the most enjoyment

That said as far as a live experience NOTHING beats going to a packed baseball stadium on a breezy summer day and copping a cold beer and a hot dog
I enjoy all of the big 4 leagues live. Opening day for MLB just had an energy I haven’t experienced elsewhere.

But for regular season, NFL division games > ____ even more so now that they are mostly saved for the end of the season. Not a big hockey fan but its cool live. Just sit in a higher section early on to get a better feel for the game and follow the puck.

I honestly dont care about any sports... Ive been to a Blackhawks game when I was a kid. Went to a White Sox games once for opening day... it was awful. Boring, cold, beer was hella expensive. Ended up leaving before it was over.

I honestly only care about The Bulls during their hey day because I grew up in Chicago and remember watching the finals and Championship games with my dad back in the day, but nothing about sports excites or even interests me anymore.

Basketball is the only sport where you can literally be inches from the players, even front row tix at MLB games you're still 100 feet away seeing through a net.

Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 9.43.11 PM.png

I honestly dont care about any sports... Ive been to a Blackhawks game when I was a kid. Went to a White Sox games once for opening day... it was awful. Boring, cold, beer was hella expensive. Ended up leaving before it was over.

I honestly only care about The Bulls during their hey day because I grew up in Chicago and remember watching the finals and Championship games with my dad back in the day, but nothing about sports excites or even interests me anymore.
Thanks for sharing your opinions.

Baseball is by far my #1 (basketball #2 and football a distant #3, never cared about hockey). Every field position has a million nuances, there are a ton of interesting situations, interesting logic and theory happening all of the time, and there is no time clock or time outs (except for batter or pitcher/catcher calling a very brief time). There is a ton of history, pageantry, and genuine excitement, not a bunch of dull buildup to some macho in-your-face type-of violence that happens in a split second. And when violence or aggression happens, it's that much more impactful.

Basically, I've always felt like American football was something that anyone with half an attention span and zero understanding could get some basic entertainment out of like a game of checkers, basketball is an incredible display of athleticism and precision that lands somewhere in the middle, and baseball is something that you appreciate more as your understanding increases, more of a chess game. I grow closer to baseball and further away from football all the time.

I don’t think baseball is any more strategic or “chess-like” than basketball, football, or any main sport.

Cut it out.

I don’t think baseball is any more strategic or “chess-like” than basketball, football, or any main sport.

Cut it out.

Was at the Mets game last night and wife asked why the Phillies had a meeting at the pitchers mount? All I could come up with is he needed to be reminded to chill after giving up some runs. I didn’t know:lol:

C0F22FDC-BCA6-445C-8B39-88CFC23404F4.jpeg

NBY AM1’s I wear only to CitiField and MSG too just bc NT.
D7EA3DAA-F01B-4183-A45D-0A60FF35E9BF.jpeg

Last edited:
I think basketball is cool that you can be courtside and inches away from the game...only once I had that experience it wasn't courtside but close enough...when I was 10 I went to a Knicks game in 92 and was a few rows behind the backboard... I can literally see the sweat from Patrick Ewing forehead at the freethrow line...

on another note never seen an nhl game yet... I want to try and catch a Rangers game but for the playoffs

I think basketball is cool that you can be courtside and inches away from the game...only once I had that experience it wasn't courtside but close enough...when I was 10 I went to a Knicks game in 92 and was a few rows behind the backboard... I can literally see the sweat from Patrick Ewing forehead at the freethrow line...

on another note never seen an nhl game yet... I want to try and catch a Rangers game but for the playoffs
This would be the year to do so.

RR Legend :pimp:

Nice try, but that ain't Red Robin, fool. I had dinner at Lucille's.

But seriously, I'm glad I ended up getting that jersey sometime in early 2019 a few months before those Black Cement IV came out later in May. I admit I got it in anticipation of those shoes coming out.

And it's a good thing I got that older version because I believe they f'd up the current version with the unnecessary and wrong glossy ink look for the letters and numbers. The letters and numbers on those jerseys were never glossy since they were traditionally a dull white.

The one I have has that dull white ink similar to the game worn version. But it's a little f'd up with no visible holes in them like the game worn version.

Lol my b playa

I was just messing with you.

I had to go there since I had a coupon code for $10 off a $30 order that was expiring yesterday. And I got to eat like a Rottweiler.

I just like how simple it is to go with that jersey and those shoes since it's how Jordan wore it.

W wombat Coincidentally, I had that last Tuesday. I posted it in that food thread. They had an incentive last week where it was a double credit hookup with that burger for Royalty Rewards members as opposed to the traditional single credit for each burger ordered.

I decided to go with red on a Sunday again yesterday like it was the 1989 NBA All-Star Game. I think this jersey and shoes combination is becoming one of my favorite sets to wear occasionally.
IMG_6176.JPG

Bro for real. I do this combo a lot during the summer. That ‘89 fit is too dope

I copped this jersey for 150.00 on eBay from a legit seller pre covid/last dance fever.

Back
Top Bottom