Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Completed my Kobe collection with the royal blue jersey, picked up during the BSTN All-Star sale.
D4EA98B9-81A2-467F-88D5-A1BF1008DBF2.jpeg

As a Jazz fan, no other player, besides MJ, was as terrifying to watch against Utah. No. 24 always broke my heart.

From 2008-2010, the Deron Williams and Carlos Boozer Jazz were knocked out of the playoffs in three consecutive years by Kobe and the Lakers.

He was the perfect villain for the glitz and glamor Lakers against the small-market Jazz.

I hated watching him against the Jazz, but I respected his game so much. He remains one of the best players I’ve ever seen in person.

I was lucky enough to attend a lot of Lakers-Jazz games, including playoff games, and the energy in the building was always much higher when Kobe was in town.

It was fitting that his final 60-point performance came against Utah. With the Jazz out of playoff contention, even I was cheering for one last vintage performance.

One of my favorite sports memories is attending his final game in Salt Lake. After years of the Utah crowd booing him, we all paid respect and gave him a standing ovation when he checked out of the game.

The “Love/Hate” tribute the Jazz showed on
Video board before his final introduction in Utah was perfect. Check it out if you haven’t seen it.

I went to that game as well. Flew out to Salt Lake for the day. Was cheaper to fly out there and see them play at the Delta Center than it would’ve been to see them play at Staples.

Sadly they ended up getting blown out by 50 that night lol.

Completed my Kobe collection with the royal blue jersey, picked up during the BSTN All-Star sale.
D4EA98B9-81A2-467F-88D5-A1BF1008DBF2.jpeg

As a Jazz fan, no other player, besides MJ, was as terrifying to watch against Utah. No. 24 always broke my heart.

From 2008-2010, the Deron Williams and Carlos Boozer Jazz were knocked out of the playoffs in three consecutive years by Kobe and the Lakers.

He was the perfect villain for the glitz and glamor Lakers against the small-market Jazz.

I hated watching him against the Jazz, but I respected his game so much. He remains one of the best players I’ve ever seen in person.

I was lucky enough to attend a lot of Lakers-Jazz games, including playoff games, and the energy in the building was always much higher when Kobe was in town.

It was fitting that his final 60-point performance came against Utah. With the Jazz out of playoff contention, even I was cheering for one last vintage performance.

One of my favorite sports memories is attending his final game in Salt Lake. After years of the Utah crowd booing him, we all paid respect and gave him a standing ovation when he checked out of the game.

The “Love/Hate” tribute the Jazz showed on
Video board before his final introduction in Utah was perfect. Check it out if you haven’t seen it.

great minds think a like. nice pick ups.

great minds think a like. nice pick ups.

Great collection - I love the blue script lakers jersey, but it has always been a point of contention for me based on the actual history and information provided by this thread.

As a Lakers fan overall, I personally ended up going with Shaq's version, even though Shaq said in a article in 1996 that he hated the blue.

Kobe def wore the blue jersey later in 2004 but unfortunately did not do so on the court in 1996 with the 50th-anniversary gold jerry logo - he was benched that game.

For an MNN product they could have easily used a 2003-2004 year tag and regular jerry logo. it would have been true(er) to the jersey style and player history, not sure if others disagree.

Attachments

• 0EA8FC55-70DB-4F82-A66A-7867D2266F24.jpeg
    0EA8FC55-70DB-4F82-A66A-7867D2266F24.jpeg
    339.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Shaq jersey img 2.JPG
    Shaq jersey img 2.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Shaq jersey img 3.JPG
    Shaq jersey img 3.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 40
Great collection - I love the blue script lakers jersey, but it has always been a point of contention for me based on the actual history and information provided by this thread.

As a Lakers fan overall, I personally ended up going with Shaq's version, even though Shaq said in a article in 1996 that he hated the blue.

Kobe def wore the blue jersey later in 2004 but unfortunately did not do so on the court in 1996 with the 50th-anniversary gold jerry logo - he was benched that game.

For an MNN product they could have easily used a 2003-2004 year tag and regular jerry logo. it would have been true(er) to the jersey style and player history, not sure if others disagree.

If they made the Kobe with the 2004 Drifit, I'd buy. Can't do the 1996-97 version with all the stuff you mentioned. Add on the incorrect numbers and it's an easy pass.

If they made the Kobe with the 2004 Drifit, I'd buy. Can't do the 1996-97 version with all the stuff you mentioned. Add on the incorrect numbers and it's an easy pass.

lol you were (one of the) OGs (among others) that helped school me on the history.

Not to mention the number thing, I looked hard into that and tried to compare - shaq's version kinda matches up to the 1996 version but they def had a different "font"

(pictures were all gathered from others in this post from the past, they are NOT mine)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 4.44.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 4.44.25 PM.png
    834.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 4.44.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 4.44.30 PM.png
    820 KB · Views: 304
  • E3D49CE9-00FD-4176-9981-D1422A86887C.jpeg
    E3D49CE9-00FD-4176-9981-D1422A86887C.jpeg
    334.4 KB · Views: 293
lol you were (one of the) OGs (among others) that helped school me on the history.

Not to mention the number thing, I looked hard into that and tried to compare - shaq's version kinda matches up to the 1996 version but they def had a different "font"

(pictures were all gathered from others in this post from the past, they are NOT mine)
Haha, as I pulled the jersey out to take photos of it last night, I was thinking of how I wish it was the 03-04 dri-fit version because Kobe never more the 96-97 jersey in game. But it is too beautiful of a jersey to pass up at 40% off, so I overlook the inconsistencies and the fact that this specific version was never worn by Kobe in game.

Haha, as I pulled the jersey out to take photos of it last night, I was thinking of how I wish it was the 03-04 dri-fit version because Kobe never more the 96-97 jersey in game. But it is too beautiful of a jersey to pass up at 40% off, so I overlook the inconsistencies and the fact that this specific version was never worn by Kobe in game.
No issues with the pickup, I'd prolly buy the kobe version myself if the shaq version was not avail at the same time. Shaq version also retailed for 260$ vs 300$ and 40% sale won me over.

Did you get the sale email this morning... talk about terrible lol... I guess I'll wait for the next one to cop those road Knicks

Ehh I couldn’t wait much longer. Ordered the Hank Aaron and white Bo Jackson. The Aaron only had a couple sizes left and had been eying that for a while and didn’t want to miss my size again. Missed out on my size in the McGwire, so got the next one on my list with the Jackson.

Those dried up so quickly. I had to grab a pair when mn uk had em up. I missef em when the us site had it. They sold out so fast

Picked this up today. Has a lot going on but don't think I seen a better Heat hat anywhere locally.
20220316_223139.jpg
20220316_223216.jpg

Jersey is 🔥🔥...have you seen the authentic shorts that go with this jersey anywhere? They were released maybe 3 years ago...been looking for them ever since. M&N completely removed them from the site, rather than just labeling them "out of stock" which isn't a good sign.
I have, like others said, MN UK 3 years ago. Sold out quick but i should have grabbed the S when i had the chance.

I have, like others said, MN UK 3 years ago. Sold out quick but i should have grabbed the S when i had the chance.
Yeah, I remember when they were up on the US site. At the time I was sort of new to M&N so I was still on my high horse about the authentics not having pockets so I refused to buy them even though I wanted them. I'll regret that forever 🤦🏿‍♂️. I did see them on eBay sometime in 2020 but they wanted like $250-275 so I held out for a restock. Now I have at least 10 pairs of authentics I just have to find a tailor to do the pockets. I've been to at least 10 places they all said they couldn't do it except 1...and that place wanted $40 a pocket smh

Back
Top Bottom