Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

What area? When the pocket thing first jumped there was a spot in SD doing great work for 20 per pocket, then NT blew the spot up and they doubled the price.
I’m in Tampa, I think any city has tons of tailors that can do it, how hard can it be....
still looking for a place by me in NJ that will add pockets... my plan is to add pockets to my swingman shorts... obviously i dont care for my swingman shorts lol but i do this just to test the work of the dry cleaners or tailor thats adding pockets that i already dont trust... not trying to giving them my authentics to test out and mess up on lmao
What do you mean, swingman shorts already got pockets :lol:. A back pocket?

I’m in Tampa, I think any city has tons of tailors that can do it, how hard can it be....

What do you mean, swingman shorts already got pockets :lol:. A back pocket?

i got some knicks shorts that are swingman that are not M&N... the brand to be exact is adidas

Likely going to make white, grey, red, aba throwback, etc and restock them all. Do you need it now or can you wait. Prob can cop on sale if youre savvy

wanted a Kidd I can wear a little bit this summer but its def not a priority at this point. I'll just wait for restock/more stuff to come out I can wear next summer.

I found this ebay seller with the dopest swingman and authentic nike/reebok inventory, but at this point I'm more of a collector than wearer and I'd rather have a M&N version of a jersey for the collection when possible.

I don’t know if any of you guys are in the jersey related Facebook groups, but I would look into hitting that Manolo Prado dude in the groups up on pockets for the authentic shorts. His work tailoring jerseys looks on point.

^ exactly... not trying to give them my expensive authentics for them to try out and mess up heck no lol... ill give them some shorts i dont care about aka swingmans and if they add pockets that are good then ill gift them the authentics... i got the adidas joints so ya they dont have pockets at all FYI

I have another compare and contrast between a 2000s jersey and current production jersey for y'all. I have a Magic Johnson rookie year jersey and 1984-85 Magic jersey in these photos. I took these photos before I parted off with the size 54 rookie year jersey which was made in El Salvador I believe, I got it on New Year's Eve 2003. And I got the 1984-85 jersey that was made in China earlier this summer.

The one on the bottom is the size 54 rookie year jersey and the one on top is the size 52 I got lately. You can already see the difference in the shades of purple for both.
IMG_4256.JPG

The one on top is the size 54 and the one on the bottom is the size 52 in these photos. Look at the difference in the fonts and their sizes of the letters and numbers for both of them. You can also see the differences in textures for both. The size 54 from the 2000s has larger holes. Even the classic shadow effect design of the numbers are different for both.
IMG_4265.JPG

IMG_4266.JPG

So can anyone verify which jersey is more accurate regarding details and font sizes? And which one has the more correct shade of purple?

I have another compare and contrast between a 2000s jersey and current production jersey for y'all. I have a Magic Johnson rookie year jersey and 1984-85 Magic jersey in these photos. I took these photos before I parted off with the size 54 rookie year jersey which was made in El Salvador I believe, I got it on New Year's Eve 2003. And I got the 1984-85 jersey that was made in China earlier this summer.

The one on the bottom is the size 54 rookie year jersey and the one on top is the size 52 I got lately. You can already see the difference in the shades of purple for both.
IMG_4256.JPG

The one on top is the size 54 and the one on the bottom is the size 52 in these photos. Look at the difference in the fonts and their sizes of the letters and numbers for both of them. You can also see the differences in textures for both. The size 54 from the 2000s has larger holes. Even the classic shadow effect design of the numbers are different for both.
IMG_4265.JPG

IMG_4266.JPG

So can anyone verify which jersey is more accurate regarding details and font sizes? And which one has the more correct shade of purple?

They're both pretty off but the 1985 seems closer to being correct.

I don't think the Lakers jerseys changed at all from 1979-1985, here's a game worn from that era:

lf.jpg

lf (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They're both pretty off but the 1985 seems closer to being correct.

I don't think the Lakers jerseys changed at all from 1979-1985, here's a game worn from that era:

lf.jpg

lf (1).jpg

Thanks so much for elaborating.

I agree the 1984-85 jersey is closer to being correct. But I feel the discrepancies are the sizes of the letters and numbers all across the board, they're smaller when they should be fatter and slightly taller like that game-worn in those pictures. And the yellow trim on the neck and armpit holes of the 1984-85 jersey are thinner when they should be thicker.

Yea, the size of the fonts are off and the color seems off but it could just be the pictures.

The 3 is more accurate on the rookie but the 2 is more accurate on the 1985.

The font is more accurate on the 1985 but it's not the right size.

This is why I can't mess w/ M&N, :lol:

When did you order? Cause I order mine last Friday and I got nothing just a confirmation. No tracking email.

I placed an order last Friday and it shipped Thursday evening. I placed an additional order last Saturday and that hasn’t shipped yet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom