Official Minnesota T'Wolves 2010-11 Season Thread (17-65) Worst. Season. Ever. Get that #1 Pick.

Nah. I don't believe in tanking just in hoping for the possibility that you can get a great draw in the lottery.

Especially on team as young as Minnesota. They still need to develop the team they have right now and continue to improve and individuals and as a team. They'll get their losses regardless.

Bummer that Love's streak ended. Now it's just hoping that we can watch this team grow the remainder of the season. That's all we really have going for us as fans.

To me I think were fine as a team. I want to see them grow together. Let Beasley get more comfortable, Wes still learning, Darko.... *shrugs*  I don't know maybe he can be a real good center in the west. I like the group of bigs we have in Tolliver, Love, Darko, Pekovic, and Randolph. Now Beasley can just focusing on being a 3. I think he's been having issues with the different roles the three and four and he's not comfortable on the wing. I think Randolph just earned a spot on this team with us next year.

To me I think were fine as a team. I want to see them grow together. Let Beasley get more comfortable, Wes still learning, Darko.... *shrugs*  I don't know maybe he can be a real good center in the west. I like the group of bigs we have in Tolliver, Love, Darko, Pekovic, and Randolph. Now Beasley can just focusing on being a 3. I think he's been having issues with the different roles the three and four and he's not comfortable on the wing. I think Randolph just earned a spot on this team with us next year.

I, for one, am not content with the current team.

There's no way this squad can get to 45+ wins (something that is needed in the West). Yeah, they're all young, but so are the Thunder. So were the Blazers. Right now they're at 17 wins. You really think this core would be able to get to 45+ at some point? And even if they DID, that would still be an 8th seed in the West (something I certainly am hoping is not the ceiling of this rebuilding project).

I've completely soured on Darko Milicic. Yeah, he's shown flashes, but I'm convinced that's all we're going to see. His production hinges on his confidence. And because he's such a bipolar son-of-gun, he'll never keep up the solid numbers he's shows every 10 games or so.

I don't know what we're going to do with Jonny Flynn. I literally have no idea. Might as well keep him and hope he raises his stock to a level that attracts a potential suitor on another roster.

Good news is that there is more help on the way.

We get our #3-+@% overall pick in the 2011 NBA Draft (Kanter, Barnes, Irving, etc.), and then Ricky Rubio (which is basically like adding another 1st Round/Top 5 pick). So that's two pieces that will help us next year.

I, for one, am not content with the current team.

There's no way this squad can get to 45+ wins (something that is needed in the West). Yeah, they're all young, but so are the Thunder. So were the Blazers. Right now they're at 17 wins. You really think this core would be able to get to 45+ at some point? And even if they DID, that would still be an 8th seed in the West (something I certainly am hoping is not the ceiling of this rebuilding project).

I've completely soured on Darko Milicic. Yeah, he's shown flashes, but I'm convinced that's all we're going to see. His production hinges on his confidence. And because he's such a bipolar son-of-gun, he'll never keep up the solid numbers he's shows every 10 games or so.

I don't know what we're going to do with Jonny Flynn. I literally have no idea. Might as well keep him and hope he raises his stock to a level that attracts a potential suitor on another roster.

Good news is that there is more help on the way.

We get our #3-+@% overall pick in the 2011 NBA Draft (Kanter, Barnes, Irving, etc.), and then Ricky Rubio (which is basically like adding another 1st Round/Top 5 pick). So that's two pieces that will help us next year.

Sac-ra-men-to clap-clap-clapclapclap, Sac-ra-men-to clap-clap-clapclapclap, Sac-ra-men-to clap-clap-clapclapclap, Sac-ra-men-to clap-clap-clapclapclap, Sac-ra-men-to clap-clap-clapclapclap

Troll out. Jk Jk. This game should be a good test for both teams, Sac coming off a beating from Philly, Marcus Thornton having the worst game of his short Sacramento Kings career and Tyreke on deck (although doubtful)............

Sac-ra-men-to clap-clap-clapclapclap, Sac-ra-men-to clap-clap-clapclapclap, Sac-ra-men-to clap-clap-clapclapclap, Sac-ra-men-to clap-clap-clapclapclap, Sac-ra-men-to clap-clap-clapclapclap

Troll out. Jk Jk. This game should be a good test for both teams, Sac coming off a beating from Philly, Marcus Thornton having the worst game of his short Sacramento Kings career and Tyreke on deck (although doubtful)............

-With Darko, we were warned. I was a believer for second too, but now it seems like a lost cause.

-I'm with you on Flynn. He's pretty much just a pawn for a future move that this team makes.

- I like Barnes a lot and think he would be so much better with one more year of college. If he comes out, I'd like to grab him though, because he's got great potential. My only worry is his mentality. No questions about it now, but at the NBA level things are different. I would be upset if he busts out. Even if he doesn't go to Minny.

Kemba is undersized, but everyting else he brings to the table is great. If Minnesota goes with a big man early then I think with their other first round pick I'd rather they take a clutch scorer over anything else. The risk reward is more beneficial I think.

I like Irving, but even more than Barnes, his %$$ needs to stay in school and I hope Minnesota isn't confronted with this situation. He's got uber potential that it would be so damn hard to pass up, but at the same time, what do we really know about him? 9 games isn't enough to gauge some intangibles or other nuances of the game. A lot could be helped if we know what the heck we have in Rubio.
30t6p3b.gif

Kanter would be awesome, but is he ready? I'm so sick of "potential" at this point, especially when it comes to the Center position. One above average center can do so many great things for team, but developing that talent into something that equates to above average is few and far between these days. If the gamble pays off and they turn dominant, then you're competing instantly. If it doesn't, it can literally set you back for years.

Essentially, my worry isn't with who the Wolves draft. I have a problem with the one and done. I'm so upset about a lot of great talents never reaching real potential because of stunted growth by jumping to the L too early. One more year for each of these players would give us so much better gauges on what they're dealing with. Not to mention how much more they can learn.

With Minnesota's putrid draft history and overall bad luck, the hardest part obviously, is figuring which of these players can be molded to be great or actually has it in them. Nerve racking.

-With Darko, we were warned. I was a believer for second too, but now it seems like a lost cause.

-I'm with you on Flynn. He's pretty much just a pawn for a future move that this team makes.

- I like Barnes a lot and think he would be so much better with one more year of college. If he comes out, I'd like to grab him though, because he's got great potential. My only worry is his mentality. No questions about it now, but at the NBA level things are different. I would be upset if he busts out. Even if he doesn't go to Minny.

Kemba is undersized, but everyting else he brings to the table is great. If Minnesota goes with a big man early then I think with their other first round pick I'd rather they take a clutch scorer over anything else. The risk reward is more beneficial I think.

I like Irving, but even more than Barnes, his %$$ needs to stay in school and I hope Minnesota isn't confronted with this situation. He's got uber potential that it would be so damn hard to pass up, but at the same time, what do we really know about him? 9 games isn't enough to gauge some intangibles or other nuances of the game. A lot could be helped if we know what the heck we have in Rubio.
30t6p3b.gif

Kanter would be awesome, but is he ready? I'm so sick of "potential" at this point, especially when it comes to the Center position. One above average center can do so many great things for team, but developing that talent into something that equates to above average is few and far between these days. If the gamble pays off and they turn dominant, then you're competing instantly. If it doesn't, it can literally set you back for years.

Essentially, my worry isn't with who the Wolves draft. I have a problem with the one and done. I'm so upset about a lot of great talents never reaching real potential because of stunted growth by jumping to the L too early. One more year for each of these players would give us so much better gauges on what they're dealing with. Not to mention how much more they can learn.

With Minnesota's putrid draft history and overall bad luck, the hardest part obviously, is figuring which of these players can be molded to be great or actually has it in them. Nerve racking.

Yeah no one knows what's going on with Flynn.

Personally I haven't seen that much of Barnes to make an assessment on him. This draft seems pretty weird.

Yeah no one knows what's going on with Flynn.

Personally I haven't seen that much of Barnes to make an assessment on him. This draft seems pretty weird.

whatsup with j flynn. . is luke still starting over him. . ima syracuse fan and i loved flynn. i thought he would be doing work out in minny. but i know he got injured and then luke took the roll of starter. so whatsup with him now

whatsup with j flynn. . is luke still starting over him. . ima syracuse fan and i loved flynn. i thought he would be doing work out in minny. but i know he got injured and then luke took the roll of starter. so whatsup with him now

Maybe, I don't know. I'm kinda pissed, because coming into this season I said they can get between 20-30 wins. I thought so many of the guys could have made a jump and be good. I've never been more excited for a t-wolves season in a while. The season needs to end already. I'll be there Wednesday though. 

Maybe, I don't know. I'm kinda pissed, because coming into this season I said they can get between 20-30 wins. I thought so many of the guys could have made a jump and be good. I've never been more excited for a t-wolves season in a while. The season needs to end already. I'll be there Wednesday though. 

I'll be there Wednesday too.

If I were you, I wouldn't officially bow out until I see one full season of Rubio in a T'Wolves uniform.

I mean, if he comes over and is even 1/2 the player that everyone thought he could be (Jason Kidd-like), and then you add Harrison Barnes (who hasn't decided yet)... OR we could get lucky and land the #1 and get Irving. Either route, that's something nice to look forward to. Plus, we now have Memphis' pick which will end up being around 19th. Therefore, we could end up with Ricky Rubio, Harrison Barnes, Marcus Morris all wearing Timberwolves jersey's next season.

I was a huge supporter of drafting Demarcus Cousins and I'm still pissed about that. Kahn chose to have Darko/Wes over Demarcus/someone else. Bad decision.

I'll be there Wednesday too.

If I were you, I wouldn't officially bow out until I see one full season of Rubio in a T'Wolves uniform.

I mean, if he comes over and is even 1/2 the player that everyone thought he could be (Jason Kidd-like), and then you add Harrison Barnes (who hasn't decided yet)... OR we could get lucky and land the #1 and get Irving. Either route, that's something nice to look forward to. Plus, we now have Memphis' pick which will end up being around 19th. Therefore, we could end up with Ricky Rubio, Harrison Barnes, Marcus Morris all wearing Timberwolves jersey's next season.

I was a huge supporter of drafting Demarcus Cousins and I'm still pissed about that. Kahn chose to have Darko/Wes over Demarcus/someone else. Bad decision.

Yeah I would have like to see DMC with Love because he's more of a banger than Love. I just wonder if him and Kurt would have gotten along though. My guess DMC would have been Bickerstaff and Lambeir job.

Yeah I would have like to see DMC with Love because he's more of a banger than Love. I just wonder if him and Kurt would have gotten along though. My guess DMC would have been Bickerstaff and Lambeir job.

Back
Top Bottom