Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

Y'all still talking about that call in here? 
indifferent.gif

ip7tCn1KGSMPH.gif

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

yall keep protecting russy ...  ... i don't care about his vision or his assist #s ... just stop being a #%%+#@* black  hole. How many time did this dude dribble up court and just shoot ... how many times did this ball come to him after several passes and stop moving ... how many times did the thunder get a quality shot when he was not included in the play ... 

You're asking a lot of hypothetical questions, do you have any answers to them? You're throwing around broad complaints and incorrect specific ones. 
westbrook have given 1 of the 2 games away ... okc wins 2 in miami ... westbrook has to just move the ball ... nothing flashy ... just pass ... ain't nothing hard about that ... more drives and less jumpers ... 

You say he gave game 2 away, yet you don't give him credit for the game 1 win. "just move the ball".. how? Lebron is fronting Durant as he doesn't attempt to move. Russ just needs to lob it over Lebron James and also make sure Battier or Bosh don't come and tip it away either. 

"More drives and less jumpers".. look at the shot chart, 1st quarter Russ took two jumpers near the foul line and the rest were all at the rim. "just pass" oh ok. Just drop it off to Perk in the post, or Durant 30 feet away from the hoop, or let Ibaka take 20 jumpers a game. He missed Durant a few times for open 3's, could have made the pass quicker on others, no one arguing otherwise. And yes, Chris Paul or Rondo can get those guys easier shots, but playing that game takes credit away from the positives Russ brings. They need him attacking and scoring, that frees up Durant and Harden easier. And his mid-range jumper is one of the biggest reasons he and OKC are so dangerous. 

he'll sink the thunder and lebron will have his ring ... i can't wait to see what yall say then ... oh it was brooks' fault ... oh it was perk's fault ... oh it was this oh it was that ... oh it was the refs ... 

yeh they're all to blame but stop giving credit to a player that is digging a hole and then digging himself out

How many Westbrook fans don't recognize his poor play and shooting struggles at times? Most do, but nearly all of his critics don't give him the credit when they do win. Russ has largely played his same game in the Finals as he has all season. As OKC was one of the best teams in the league, with the 2nd best offense If OKC wins the title, I can't wait to see what people say then, because I'm shocked if he gets his fair credit. OKC will win in spite of Russ. If they win in 7 games, we'll hear "if Russ wasn't so selfish they could have swept Miami".

What most people are trying to point out is there are multiple reasons for an OKC loss, and while Russ can play a large factor in it, he becomes the scapegoat and everything else gets ignored.

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

Originally Posted by FlipNLu

Westbrook must get the team involved first by passing the ball, setting screens and cutting. The Thunder must attack the paint on not settle for the jump shots. The lineup must change for the Thunder Brooks has made poor decisions. After watching the replay everyone must be held accountable for their man and not be overzealous on help defense. Please ref's make good calls and let these boys play. Lebron stop traveling/changing your pivot it is bad enough you carry the ball.
So you want Westbrook to pass...and you want the Thunder to attack the basket. Based on your recommendation, you want Durant to drive it in every play since I know you didn't mean Thabo, Perk, and Ibaka driving it in 
laugh.gif

Thabo, Ibaka, Durant, and even Perk are all more efficient as jump shooters. Yet people want the only non-shooter (Westbrook) to stop attacking and dishing 
laugh.gif

Dribbling the ball for 10 seconds at the top of the key is not very effective for any point guard. A point guard is to set the tone of the game and he obviously was taken bad shots while not involving his team. I'm not requesting he stop attacking/shooting just let the team feel the ball and have defense react and play honest. Everyone knows westbrook can get his shot off but to think he can take the team on his back is ludacris. The Thunder got to the finals by playing team basketball not one player playing iso. Let's go OKC!

Westbrook must get the team involved first by passing the ball, setting screens and cutting. The Thunder must attack the paint on not settle for the jump shots. The lineup must change for the Thunder Brooks has made poor decisions. After watching the replay everyone must be held accountable for their man and not be overzealous on help defense. Please ref's make good calls and let these boys play. Lebron stop traveling/changing your pivot it is bad enough you carry the ball.
So you want Westbrook to pass...and you want the Thunder to attack the basket. Based on your recommendation, you want Durant to drive it in every play since I know you didn't mean Thabo, Perk, and Ibaka driving it in 
laugh.gif

Thabo, Ibaka, Durant, and even Perk are all more efficient as jump shooters. Yet people want the only non-shooter (Westbrook) to stop attacking and dishing 
laugh.gif

Dribbling the ball for 10 seconds at the top of the key is not very effective for any point guard. A point guard is to set the tone of the game and he obviously was taken bad shots while not involving his team. I'm not requesting he stop attacking/shooting just let the team feel the ball and have defense react and play honest. Everyone knows westbrook can get his shot off but to think he can take the team on his back is ludacris. The Thunder got to the finals by playing team basketball not one player playing iso. Let's go OKC!
Taken = Liam Neeson
Ludacris = Rapper/Actor

The Thunder got to the finals based on their 3 headed monster (KD/Russ/Harden)...BUT the Heat are the toughest team they've played so far, matchup wise. LeBron is the only SF that can be in the same sentence as Durant. Wade is a former Finals MVP that's hungry. Bosh is a tough matchup for Ibaka and Perkins. The Heat have shooters. 

All I'm saying is...why are people trying to get Russ to turn into more of a pass oriented player...when that's not what he is. Why aren't people calling for Durant to suddenly become a defensive stopper? Why are people not calling out Perkins for being the most ineffective Finals big man since the 2010 Perkins 
laugh.gif
 ? How can Bosh get 16 rebounds? How can Durant + Ibaka get outrebounded by Westbrook combined? Where is the Thunder bench, other than Harden? Where was Durant in the 1st half? Why is Durant even getting into foul trouble? Etc....so many possible questions yet we got people calling Westbrook the worst Finals PG ever...now that's Ludacris 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

He is actually averaging more assists in the playoffs/finals than he did in the regular season (9.5 vs 5). He's not just dribbling at the top of the key for fun. Dude is waiting for the offense to develop i.e KD to navigate a maze of screens from one side then curl up to the other side. We are generally playing the same way we always have. It's just this 2 big starting lineup is less effective against a team with 0 bigs, or a big look Bosh who always shoots a jumper or drives rather than trying to just post up. If it doesn't develop ie KD doesn't get open enough or he gets fronted and just stands there (which happens A LOT), you have Westbrook with the ball at the top of the key, 5 seconds on the shot clock and everyone standing around. What the hell is he supposed to do at that point other than put his head down and go 1 on 1

I love how Coach Brooks and Durant have Russy's back no matter what. They know how vital he is to the team, obviously he had an awful shooting night but he played the way he's played the whole season. And that's a a HUGE reason why they're in the finals right now.

When its the NBA finals the media always needs someone to scapegoat and its either gonna be Lebron or Russ depending on who wins. no matter what. and it's just unfair

It's the simplest pass that is the most affective pass. Only way to beat the Heat is by passing the ball and exposing their interior. It's foolish to expect Westbrook to beat his defender and the help playing off serge and perk. It's simple help comes someone is open. I never said he was the worst point guard but he is taking his team out of the game. While in his hand he has one of the most unstoppable scorers in the game. Thunder beat the Heat in game 1 by double digits and almost pulled out a win during game 2 with one of their worst games of the playoffs. Brooks must make better decisions and substitutuions. Perkins and Serge should never be on the court together if the Heat are playing small ball.

If Miami stops settling for jumpshots, they can dictate the pace of the game, which has done wonders for them in the these games. Mind you, if Battier/Chalmers step into their roles as shooters, it tends to lean more towards outside the paint. Great thing is that it strings Ibaka out. OKC has done a great job with Collison and Harden, tough matchup there, but Bosh isn't taking advantage of it.

When Harden gets a pick, he attacks, so I'm interested to see how Spoelstra adjusts. That play cut the lead everytime. Spoelstra needs to find Joel Anthony a minute though, theyre attacking the rim too easy.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

With a starting lineup that consists of Perk, Durant, Thabo, and Serge, exactly who is Russ supposed to "move the ball" to? Let me guess, KD right? Cuz the other 3 dudes aren't exactly offensive machines. Some of you fail to realize that if Russ wasn't as aggressive as he is, Durant wouldn't be as free to get buckets the way he does. Doubles and maybe even triple teams galore. Westbrook's unpredictable aggressivness keeps opposing teams honest. And more importantly, keeps Durant open.

Now that NT is back up......
ohwell.gif
.......Brooks needs to read better in game and know when to make a move.  Perk wasn't cutting it, and Collison played well in game 1, he should have gone to that small lineup sooner. 

As for the slow starts, I wonder if Harden is starting pretty soon, just to infuse a little extra danger early on. 

OKC does pretty well adjusting and coming out in second halves, but spotting other teams 10-15 point leads just ain't smart.  Either start Harden, or bring him in quicker if a run is being made, don't just sit and do nothing. 
laugh.gif

Game 3, I expect Durant to have one of those, and drop 40+.  I think he may want to avenge game 2 and his last shot. 

Back
Top Bottom