**Official Meek Mill Thread****Dreamchasers IV Out Now**

When Ross addressed it, he had his back. I didn't see Gunplay.

I don't want to make it sound like I'm just coming at Wale. It's the whole camp. Not to sound like a old head "back in the day" type of dude, but if one guy is beefing with another, the camp has their back 100%. Because Drake has the machine behind his back, it's easy for everybody in Meek's camp to downplay it as a "bad move". 

Meek didn't handle the situation well after the diss tracks came out, but is he wrong? How is it suddenly okay that rappers can have reference rap verses? 

These rappers want to tell you who's real and who's not, but when Meek brought up a "real" problem, he gets clowned on. How is it acceptable that Drake is immune from any criticism and scrutiny? 

Because his fans are all sheep and they chalk it up to how the game is different now, and everyone gets help so it's okay, and whole bunch of mental gymnastics. These guys are literally in love with Drake he can do know wrong, it's kind of gay honestly.

But at the end of the day we all know Drake has put out hit after hit after hit after hit and dude can legitimately rap. He's a pop star that just so happens to be able to rap really well so nobody really cared or was surprised that he had a couple reference tracks. And to be honest you're kidding yourself if you think Drakes career was built on another man's pen, pause.

So I say that to say that Meek barked up a tree that didn't need to be barked at and it came back to bite him in the ***. THEN he didn't even respond with BARS...the same thing he tried to call dude out on. That's where he went wrong.

I don't think anyone is saying Drake is immune to criticism or scrutiny but if you're gonna go after the people's champ you better do it in a strategic manner and REALLY have something to go at him about.

- Preciate it.

10000000% co-sign

I don't want to make it sound like I'm just coming at Wale. It's the whole camp. Not to sound like a old head "back in the day" type of dude, but if one guy is beefing with another, the camp has their back 100%. Because Drake has the machine behind his back, it's easy for everybody in Meek's camp to downplay it as a "bad move". 

Meek didn't handle the situation well after the diss tracks came out, but is he wrong? How is it suddenly okay that rappers can have reference rap verses? 

These rappers want to tell you who's real and who's not, but when Meek brought up a "real" problem, he gets clowned on. How is it acceptable that Drake is immune from any criticism and scrutiny? 

I agree with what you're sayin, to an extent, because it is *******t that grown men are walking on eggshells because they don't wanna **** with the Drake machine.

But again, Wale had several opportunities to go at Meek, he basically said they weren't on good terms without saying it. I mean, he said they were "friends" but the situation sounds like anything but that. Wale doesn't owe that N anything.

But say they really are friends and that's why Meek took it so hard, isn't keeping it real about his failures equally important as supporting him? I don't know, I just feel like you can speak out against something somebody did and still be cool with that person.

Hit after hit? So that means an artist is good? Got it.
You putting words in my mouth bruh. I never said hits make him "good". I simply said he has tons of hits AND YES he can actually rap well. Hence why people love him and were willing to overlook the fact that he had reference tracks.

And stop frontin my G, you know Drake be snappin. :rolleyes ...I'm not even a fan of the guy like that but I ain't so far up my own *** to recognize that dude makes good music. Lets be real now if we gonna talk about this objectively.

- Preciate it.

Kinda strange but I feel Meek looks down on Wale like he thinks Wale isn't a dope artist. I'd easily take
Wale over Meek any day of the week and I'm sure Ross would also.
not sure if srs

in no way shape or form is wale better than meek mill

Well, for one thing, Wale has a filter on his voice. He can actually tone himself down and switch his flow up. Secondly, Wale is not one dimensional like Meek. He's very diverse in his subject matter. I'd say those alone makes him better :lol:

But at the end of the day we all know Drake has put out hit after hit after hit after hit and dude can legitimately rap. He's a pop star that just so happens to be able to rap really well so nobody really cared or was surprised that he had a couple reference tracks. And to be honest you're kidding yourself if you think Drakes career was built on another man's pen, pause.

So I say that to say that Meek barked up a tree that didn't need to be barked at and it came back to bite him in the ***. THEN he didn't even respond with BARS...the same thing he tried to call dude out on. That's where he went wrong.

I don't think anyone is saying Drake is immune to criticism or scrutiny but if you're gonna go after the people's champ you better do it in a strategic manner and REALLY have something to go at him about.

- Preciate it.
Agreed. 

not sure if srs

in no way shape or form is wale better than meek mill

You must not listen to lyrics at all :lol:

I've said everything you've said and I agree with it.

The issue was how Meek handled the entire situation. He threw shots and didn't think Drake was going to respond back. If you throw a punch back you better be prepared to fight or get your guard up or something. Instead he expected Drake and rap fans to be sophisticated enough to understand what he meant by reference tracks or Drake not writing his own stuff. This generation just doesn't care.

And that Apple deal was in the works about to be announced so Drake had everything to fight for.

Wale had his back and gave the advice what someone should have told him prior to this. Meek obviously has too many yes men if he was angered by that or he heard only a partial quote and ran with it.

On some real **** though I just KNEW them bars were coming from Meek. Body was ready. Then he did the complete opposite. It's like this ***** threw an oop to himself, caught it and shot a layup instead of yamming it...but missed the layup. :rolleyes

- Preciate it.

"When drama ensues, (n-word) Ndamukong sue, old lying a***, defensive a*** boys!!" - Wale :pimp:

That line sucks.

Wale is better than Meek.

I don't listen to either of these clowns but I'm cool with Meek starting beef with anyone and everyone. I miss this.

Anybody that says Meek > Wale obviously doesn't listen to Wale. Wale raps circles around that dude...in several different ways at that...

Last edited:
Wale is a more skillful rapper from a technical standpoint. He's not my favorite artist, but I won't sit here and act like his pen game is weak.

I can agree with that but Meek "supposed to be" this hard a** street, battle rapper. He couldn't survive being taken out a singin' ninja and a poetry ninja... :lol:

I don't listen to either of these clowns but I'm cool with Meek starting beef with anyone and everyone. I miss this.

It's entertaining if it produces dope songs. Right now Meek just looks like a sensitive negro trying to look like a tough guy. Take that ish to the booth and give the people some music. Dude e-thugging all over the internet and hasn't dropped a decent diss yet. Drake and AB got at him and all we've gotten is Wanna know and IG rants

nerd.gif

All valid! It's not cool at all to have reference tracks floating around. It's crazy nobody is stepping up to defend real rap.
It's like this Drake dude really has people scared to say a word about anything he's done. We all know Pusha could easily
put a stop to him, along with Kendrick.

The new era of rap is very strange. I guess that's why people were actually supporting Bronson on the whole Ghostface
thing instead of actually pointing out how he over-stepped his bounds.

All valid! It's not cool at all to have reference tracks floating around. It's crazy nobody is stepping up to defend real rap.
It's like this Drake dude really has people scared to say a word about anything he's done. We all know Pusha could easily
put a stop to him, along with Kendrick.

The new era of rap is very strange. I guess that's why people were actually supporting Bronson on the whole Ghostface
thing instead of actually pointing out how he over-stepped his bounds.

Pusha t is not putting a stop to drake :lol:

The reason no one cares about the reference tracks or is saying anything is because all the top rappers recorded ref tracks themselves due to then being credited writers and ghost writers. why would they **** on the people who came to them for business. You know how many songs jay z and nas have wrote for people? You know biggie penned a few verses. Meek tried to expose an industry secret that wasn't really a secret to them and made his dumb *** look all alone

Back
Top Bottom