Official**Lupe Fiasco's The Cool**Thread

Dope pics, Crank Lucas.

Nikki Jean looks
pimp.gif

Wish I was there. The concert looks like it was amazing. Gemstones is indeed sick
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by VIIheaven

Yo Crank! Where we you? I was front row on the left side of the stage.
yo heavin i was directly center stage maybe behind 3 people
i was rockin a yankee fitted n tan jacket
were you near the dude that went on stage actin a fool?
laugh.gif

I still prefer his debut over it though...maybe the songs will grow on me, gotta put it on the repeat.
yup... honestly this isnt a background cd at all... i popped it in and started to clean my room... didnt like it as much as when i sat through andgave it my undivided attention... mos def better the second time around... the only song i skip is go go gadget flow...

Nikki can't sing for nothin' though. She sounded horrible live. Gemini RIPPED his 2 songs that he did. Bishop G was runnin' around like a wild manbut definitely did his thing. Matthew Santos sounded amazing, I need to give his debut album a listen.

Poor girl who did the cover felt like she wasn't wanted.

Her: You want to hear another one?
Crowd: LUPE! LUPE! LUPE!

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by VIIheaven

Yo Crank! Where we you? I was front row on the left side of the stage.
yo heavin i was directly center stage maybe behind 3 people
i was rockin a yankee fitted n tan jacket
were you near the dude that went on stage actin a fool?
laugh.gif

That was you?
laugh.gif
Did you have the Lupe shirt around your neck outside? You werestanding like 4 people behind me in line. I was standing right in front of the hotel doors. And yeah, I was right next to dude who went on stage. Them dudeswere a little crazy, they were doing all the hand gestures with Lupe, like they was puttin' on a little show of their own. I was wearing a olive greenjacket. You may have noticed my girl though, she was wearing a shemagh.

^whats a shemagh lol
idk i think i may have saw you not sure
but yea that was me with the shirt around my neck
did your girl wear black glasses? if so then remeber
and yea niikki sounded bad but she was hot
gemstones 4getting his last line on the die was lol
he still did his thang though

Honestly, the album is pure fire.

Little Weapon, Hip-Hop Saved My Life, The Coolest, Paris Tokyo, every track. Only one i still wasn't really feeling after 2nd spin was Go Go Gadget Flow,and even that isn't terrible. Lupe obviously put an enormous effort into this album, you've gotta love that.

Does anyone else wish free chilly shouda been made to a full song? Shh sounds dope

im glad you guys got to see him live...ive seen him 5 times live....same thing...lots of energy...him and bishop acting a fool...gemini ripping it...i love it

I was able to make it to the show tonight, 2nd best performance i've seen from Lupe, though the most energy i've ever seen from him. I honestlywasn't feeling the live band they drowned out his lyrics and he usually doesnt perform with a live band. In any case GREAT show, i loved it overall,everyone from FandF was there and you can tell they were happy as @%%@. Lupe looked like he didn't want to leave the stage. Santos looked madd out of placebut he def did his thing i cant wait for his album.

I was surprised Jigga and Beyonce stayed for the entire show to watch Lupe perform and you could see them really vibing with the music. I appreciated that forsome reason.

I too ka few pics, i'll up em if i feel up to it.

I was the black dude with the thick white chick, hoemrs on my feet blue thermal, yellow hoodie, black pea coat.

Now i gotta cop this album tomorrow

Man I been saying all week....LUPE DROPS TUE. LUPE DROPS TUE!!!! then because we have no school and I have nothing to do, I forget that today is tues...SMH @me. I'm going to cop first thing in the Morn.

anyone else feel like they have ADHD because they cant focus on the to lyrics the song "Gold Watch" because they are too busy being distracted bythat girls voice in the background?

the beat is so dope I dunno why they ruin that with the chicks voice in the background. They should have cut that out or at least turned the volume down some.Ill paypal someone $5 to take that voice out and keep the beat
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Uncle Ice

I was able to make it to the show tonight, 2nd best performance i've seen from Lupe, though the most energy i've ever seen from him. I honestly wasn't feeling the live band they drowned out his lyrics and he usually doesnt perform with a live band. In any case GREAT show, i loved it overall, everyone from FandF was there and you can tell they were happy as @%%@. Lupe looked like he didn't want to leave the stage. Santos looked madd out of place but he def did his thing i cant wait for his album.

I was surprised Jigga and Beyonce stayed for the entire show to watch Lupe perform and you could see them really vibing with the music. I appreciated that for some reason.

I too ka few pics, i'll up em if i feel up to it.

I was the black dude with the thick white chick, hoemrs on my feet blue thermal, yellow hoodie, black pea coat.

Now i gotta cop this album tomorrow
^yo my mad my dude i saw your PM not too long ago
i woulda def hit you up
where were you standing?, and yea great show the band was mad loud though lol

Streets on Fire...

... just set my car and computer on FIRE!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
... this is on some next level of music. That beat, omg... something else. It sounds like Matrix-ish, Iknow i've heard it before, or sample from a scene in Matrix: Reloaded.

Yo wait a min is anybody listening to the verses on Hi-Definition?????!!!!!!!! the 2nd verse
eek.gif
Its like you can groove to it without listening but I now have the album in mylibrary and listening to this is crazy literally
eek.gif
"I'mtrying to go public so I can get to private......" I'll stop there(seriously listen to that 2nd verse) n Snoop as always
pimp.gif

smokin.gif

Something, Something, Something...
Stack that cheese
Mother, Sister, Cousin...
Stack that cheese
He couldn't think of nothing...
Stack that cheese

lol DVD video is wild, he is a lunchbox.

^Good looks on the link. Hi-Definition is such a single type of song vid would have great potential as well. I wont be mad if the next single is Hip Hop SavedMy Life cuz its my fav album on this and Paris/Tokyo has single potential as well

After listening mad times(listening again now) I dont kno if I said it but this is a great album. Even when I 1st listened I didnt think it was classic but Ifelt for some reason in the back of my head that this album would be looked on as a classic and/or a very important album to hip hop in years to come. For allthe fans screamin classic now give dudes some time I wont be surprised at all if ppl just get it in 2011.

It still may be a lil too long but I aint sure of what songs I would cut anyway

EDIT - And for ppl thinking or saying Im late on how great this album is, it leaked like last week monday and it just dropped yesterday technically Im right ontime
laugh.gif

smokin.gif

"great show, he ended it by saying i have an update, word is its sellin out everwhere
hope its true i would like to see lupe do good numbers"

its true. I posted a little earlier that I had to go to 4 different stores just to get this album because tha first 3 stores I went to were all sold out of it.cant wait to see tha first week sales

Anybody feeling "Go Baby" ?

Kinda has the same vibe as Pharoahe Monch's "Body Baby". Both tracks are hard to get into at first but eventually grow on you.

Also, "Paris Tokyo" has the ATCQ type vibe to me. I kinda found that ironic. I'm telling y'all Lupe needs to put Del The Funky Homosapien onsomething, maybe "little weapon remix"
laugh.gif

The Cool and 8 Diagrams putting my brain to the test right now.

Back
Top Bottom