**Official Lupe Fiasco Thread** (LASERS March 8, 2011 // Friend of The People Coming Soon)

Curious, for those saying that they aren't feeling Lu's "recent" stuff are yall just referring to Lasers?? Or not feeling Friend of the People or Enemy of the State as well?

Am I the only one who still gets chills everytime I hear Lupe on lightwork??

Speaking of lightwork. I have been dying to know the double entendre on these bars

Ceiling fan or - wait, let me tell ya slower
Lift my fans up to the ceiling and you'll never touch the floor
Woah, now if Noah need a rower
I'll be there with my oar till we get back to the shore

I got "and you'll never touch the floor" = You will never touch the floor/Flow (flowa)

But what is the middle line? I thought it was something like if a person named Noah needed a row to the show he would be there to help him with it. But not sure

I'll be there with my oar/ ora (sp? like there is a certain ora about you)
Till we get back to the shore/show (showa)

Speaking of lightwork. I have been dying to know the double entendre on these bars
I got "and you'll never touch the floor" = You will never touch the floor/Flow (flowa)
But what is the middle line? I thought it was something like if a person named Noah needed a row to the show he would be there to help him with it. But not sure

http://rapgenius.com/Lupe-fiasco-lightwork-lyrics

Its a reference to the biblical Noah. Lupe is saying that he'd be willing to help out Noah (a prophet who was serving God) so essentially he's saying that he sees himself as one who wants to help accomplish God's work. I see the "back to shore" line also a reference to being in the rap game for the long haul and getting things back to the way they are supposed to be (Great American Rap Ressurection)

Lupe needs to get back to making songs, just heard ***** Bad and it sounds like he's more content with chastising people than making music. It's cool to stand up for what you believe in but I feel like he's going too far now.

Last edited:

Its a reference to the biblical Noah. Lupe is saying that he'd be willing to help out Noah (a prophet who was serving God) so essentially he's saying that he sees himself as one who wants to help accomplish God's work. I see the "back to shore" line also a reference to being in the rap game for the long haul and getting things back to the way they are supposed to be (Great American Rap Ressurection)

I understand the literal meaning guys lol. Yes he is talking about noah and how he would help him. But listen to word pronunciation for the second meaning

Floor is pronounce: "Flow-a" meaning floor (literal) as well as flow
Rower is pronounce: "Row-a" - meaning rower(literal) and row
Oar is pronounce - "Oh-a" as in oar (literal) or aura
Shore is pronounce - "Show-a" as in Shore (literal) and Show

So aside from the if noah needed help he would be there to help him paddle with an oar until they were safe. I feel like the pronunciation leads to the second meaning of You can't touch the flow, but if anyone needs a row he would be there with his aura to help get to the show (or something along those lines) Rap genius just give the literal meaning.

It may be a reach but this is why i feel like he says....wait let me tell you slower (like watch what I am about to do)

And i know "and you'll never touch the floor" is you'll never touch the floor - and meaning you'll never touch the flow

Last edited:
Lupe needs to get back to making songs, just heard ***** Bad and it sounds like he's more content with chastising people than making music. It's cool to stand up for what you believe in but I feel like he's going too far now.

I wasn't really feeling ***** Bad at first but it grew on me and I do really like the message. I actually think its a song where Lupe doesn't come across as preachy or chastising people at all....its more thought provoking and showing you the effect of the word and how it is perceived and how it affects various people. I have no problem with that as a fan of his music.

I wasn't really feeling ***** Bad at first but it grew on me and I do really like the message. I actually think its a song where Lupe doesn't come across as preachy or chastising people at all....its more thought provoking and showing you the effect of the word and how it is perceived and how it affects various people. I have no problem with that as a fan of his music.
In the song he even mentions about this

Disclaimer: this rhymer, Lupe, is not usin' "*****" as a lesson
But as a psychological weapon

So he's not trying to teach a lesson or anything

Last edited:
This song is blowing up in Australia, Guy Sebastian was on the X Factor over there a little ways back and is huge. Lupe's first number one single :lol: :pimp: Song is dope though

^^Y'all wanna help me break this one down?

Which part?

Each verse is a separate story.

If you listen closely, the topics are just an evolved deeper version of the topics in "the instrumental"

Rap, Religion, and the media having a negative impact on an individual but using excuses for doing so.

Rap+Religion+Media all different forms of Satan

Sounds like Lupe is back without these manufactured pop tunes that was on Lasers. F&LII gonna bring back to my top 5.

Sounds like Lupe is back without these manufactured pop tunes that was on Lasers. F&LII gonna bring back to my top 5.
I'm not liking the tunes either, but the songs are still nice. I really enjoyed the Battle Scars song with Guy Sebastian. I have never heard of him. So far, I've really enjoyed all of his singles. I'm just trying to break down Lamborghini Angels. 

1st verse ls an exerclsm...

3rd verse ls about a boy being molested then murdered by rel1glous leaders...

Back
Top Bottom