*Official LOST Season 4/5 Discussion Thread*

No Kate wasn't talking with Sawyer. She was just talking with someone who would help her with the thing she was doing for Sawyer.

Jake wanting to help with is own surgery....this is one of the major themes of the show.

Do you even watch the show?
laugh.gif
j/k

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

No Kate wasn't talking with Sawyer. She was just talking with someone who would help her with the thing she was doing for Sawyer.

Jake wanting to help with is own surgery....this is one of the major themes of the show.

Do you even watch the show?
laugh.gif
j/k

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Now i know I've had one too many drinks. I need to stop drinking afterrehearsals.
smh.gif
ohwell.gif

What spoilers you want?? I wont be seeing next weeks episode until next Tuesday anyway. And even if I did know something that serious, I'm much toointoxicated to type them down in a coherent manner.

But, I will say this....Ben and Penny....

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

Originally Posted by dhart48

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

i guess im the only one who believes that ben didnt send the smoke monster after the soldiers,but instead traveled through time to talk to widmore(the last scene of the episode) or maybe he did both,but my money is not on him sending the smoke monster to wreak havoc

I initially thought that too but the timeline of events in the episode didn't really point in that direction. Assuming that him waking up in the desert was him traveling in time, where did the jacket come from? and they specifically showed that he had a wound on his arm, either a cut or gun shot.. where'd that come from? fast forward, he sees Widmore, then travels back in time, dirties himself up and meets up with everyone on the island again? doesn't add up.
EDIT: he also had bruises all over his face when he walked in. If he traveled in time then those bruises either a) never healed and he hid them when he went to see Widmore or b) he had to knock himself around some more to show those bruises again when he got back
laugh.gif

im not saying he was time travelng the WHOLE episode,all im saying is that right when alex is shot,ben says "he changed the rules" goes into his secret chamber and then pops back out. How do you know that the convo in the last scene wth widmore even took place during the same flashforward??? plus the whole scene consisted of ben talking about killing widmore's daughter(penny) much like widmore did to him,Ben seemed like he had just watched her die,and he also told widmore "you changed the rules"

Even if it wasn't the whole episode, how would they explain the bruises disappearing in the Widmore scene and then reappearing on his face when he gets back? Its possible that he time traveled, but again the way it was presented doesn't add up at all, it'd be a stretch for us to pick and choose particular scenes and say they went together since they never presented any hints or anything to prove it like they usually do.

(For the record, I actually thought he traveled into the future too, but then the more I thought about it the more it didn't add up to me.)

ok(this is part of my theory and its a stretch)maybe how john locke can walk on the island but is paralyzed in the real world,maybe if your hurt on theisland,it wont show in the real world since they are on 2 different timelines,it also seemed when ben talked to the doorman @ the hotel widmore was @,he seemedin a huge hurry(like he knew he didnt have much time or he had a prior obligation)he almost knocked the guy out,but the doorman let him go without anycomplications,lol i like this debate we are having,well i gonna watch the new episode,which hear is
pimp.gif

Christian Shepard's "Attire" - well, I saw those reoccurring white sneakers again... still trying to figure out the significance...

as for jack's scar, it was visible in the mirror... his right side...

and his conversation with Hugo... they're all dead and its heaven!? meaning everything regarding the oceanic six is a figment of their imagination!? andthat they're all still dead on the island!? I haven't read all the theories on here, but that part got me to thinking that its like the ending inVanilla Sky where you get to choose to be 'put to sleep' on the island, subconsciously living a 'perfect life', or conscious and living a reallife on the island... seeing Charlie and Christian Shepard was their mind playing tricks... a flaw in their system... "tech support"...

and how was Evangeline Lilly only #54 on FHM's 2008 list?

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

OK so im back and ready to do the usual....Not going to do a spoiler because the East Coast has already seen the episode. so i will just do a "things to look out for".

THINGS TO LOOK OUT FOR
- Jack calling his dad, "a good story teller"
- Miles asking Claire "What did she see" when she said she was seeing things.
- Jake wanting to help with is own surgery....this is one of the major themes of the show.
- The entire convo Jack has with Hurley
- Christian Shepard's "attire"
- The Smoke detector going off, right before you see x-tian Shepard

I'll have more next week.

i know that the P with the X in the middle of it stands for christ, but i don't really know if you're hinting at something or just shorteningchrist.

so christian could have something to do with god? i don't really know but i just saw that and thought i could point it out, since it could havesomething to do with the theory that they're all dead.

ok(this is part of my theory and its a stretch)maybe how john locke can walk on the island but is paralyzed in the real world,maybe if your hurt on the island,it wont show in the real world since they are on 2 different timelines,it also seemed when ben talked to the doorman @ the hotel widmore was @,he seemed in a huge hurry(like he knew he didnt have much time or he had a prior obligation)he almost knocked the guy out,but the doorman let him go without any complications,lol i like this debate we are having,well i gonna watch the new episode,which hear is
pimp.gif

Maybe its similar to Desmond consciously being in multiple places all at once... thats the only way I can see it being feasible... but then there stillwasn't enough evidence to support that in my opinion, unless we know how he did it or they kinda hinted at it... now that I think about it, Widmore couldbe Ben's constant...? might explain why he was in a rush, but that still feels like a stretch to me because it wasn't emphasized in any way.

I don't know, I still can't buy into it. Good point though, I like that theory.

to me this was mostly a filler episode. I mean, come on with Jacks medical emergency? I thought that medical +*% ended at 10? I just want to know what's upwith Jacob...

still lmao at Jack thinking Kate is marrage material. don't be surprised if she lights you up boy!

Originally Posted by sangalang

OK so im back and ready to do the usual....Not going to do a spoiler because the East Coast has already seen the episode. so i will just do a "things to look out for".

THINGS TO LOOK OUT FOR
- Jake wanting to help with is own surgery....this is one of the major themes of the show.

i know that the P with the X in the middle of it stands for christ, but i don't really know if you're hinting at something or just shortening christ.

so christian could have something to do with god? i don't really know but i just saw that and thought i could point it out, since it could have something to do with the theory that they're all dead.

They aren't dead but
wink.gif

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Christian Shepard's "Attire" - well, I saw those reoccurring white sneakers again... still trying to figure out the significance...

as for jack's scar, it was visible in the mirror... his right side...

and his conversation with Hugo... they're all dead and its heaven!? meaning everything regarding the oceanic six is a figment of their imagination!? and that they're all still dead on the island!? I haven't read all the theories on here, but that part got me to thinking that its like the ending in Vanilla Sky where you get to choose to be 'put to sleep' on the island, subconsciously living a 'perfect life', or conscious and living a real life on the island... seeing Charlie and Christian Shepard was their mind playing tricks... a flaw in their system... "tech support"...

and how was Evangeline Lilly only #54 on FHM's 2008 list?

I wont tell you too much, because then it will just ruin the entire show for you guys. But look at season one..i think its the 2nd or 3rd episode. Locke isteaching Walt how to play backgammon. Pay attention to that particular scene VERY carefully. It gives you a MAJOR clue about Christian Shepard, the skeletonsand the first scene from the Pilot episode. They all have one significant thing in common.

I wont tell you too much, because then it will just ruin the entire show for you guys. But look at season one..i think its the 2nd or 3rd episode. Locke is teaching Walt how to play backgammon. Pay attention to that particular scene VERY carefully. It gives you a MAJOR clue about Christian Shepard, and the skeletons, and the first scene from the Pilot episode. They all have one significant thing in common.
Ok, the first scene from the pilot... you're refering to the hanging white shoes on the tree (assuming they're Christian's... ? now I gottadig out my 1st season for the cave-discovery scene and the backgammon scene...

Originally Posted by SinnerP

I wont tell you too much, because then it will just ruin the entire show for you guys. But look at season one..i think its the 2nd or 3rd episode. Locke is teaching Walt how to play backgammon. Pay attention to that particular scene VERY carefully. It gives you a MAJOR clue about Christian Shepard, and the skeletons, and the first scene from the Pilot episode. They all have one significant thing in common.
Ok, the first scene from the pilot... you're refering to the hanging white shoes on the tree (assuming they're Christian's... ? now I gotta dig out my 1st season for the cave-discovery scene and the backgammon scene...

On the right track...its an earlier episode...Locke is teaching Walt how to play backgammon. Pay attention.
Originally Posted by jblackcat13

Yeah The Black and White thing has been around for awhile http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Black_and_white
I never said it was new, or reveling something that no one has thought of. I'm just telling you guys where to look at.
laugh.gif

Any Korean-speakers in the house? I don't speak nor understand Korean, but I've heard a lot of it from TV shows and whatnot... but it seemed likeCharlotte's (Rebecca Mader) Korean sounded very convincing... lots of practicing those lines I guess...

i just watched the scene with the backgammon, and i must be missing something. all i can think of is the black and white theme, walt is wearing whiteshoes....people walking in the background?? locke's cut?? i must be being dumb...

EDIT: something to do with dice, and skeletons?

THINGS TO LOOK OUT FOR

- I always thought that Christian was a major player in Lost, But what always kept me from fully embracing the idea was the fact that every timewe saw him in flashbacks, He was like this washed-up alcoholic. He never seemed like he was in control of his own life...So how could he be in control of allthese people and events? Could he be like a Keyser Soze character who doesn't appear to be what he is at first? The "story-teller" line is interesting. Could he be a liar/manipulator/conman? That would fit into the themes of theshow...Almost every Lost character has lied or pulled some type of con at some point. I'm rambling, But let me know if Christian is a major playernyc...Just answer "yes" or "no"...
laugh.gif

- Yea, I noticed that...I don't know what to make of it. Maybe Claire is able to see the dead also, But she just ain't tap into it yet.

- What theme? Saving/redeeming yourself? Or the fact that Jack always has to save someone...Even if it's himself.

- Yea, That convo was weird. I think that you and the writers are tryin' to swerve the audience who believes that they're all dead. Because I rememberwhen Damon And Carlton Cuse said that they were not dead or in purgatory. They also said that Christian was dead for sure. I think they may just be usingclever wording...They may be dead, But not in the sense that we all think.

- Those damn white shoes are killing me...
smh.gif
Why does this N' have on sneakers with a suit anyway?
laugh.gif

- Yea, I made the smoke connection...What it means, I don't know. I'm lost on the "x-tian" hint.

I read where someone thought..Miles was so interested in Claire and asking her questions..

That perhaps she is dead already from the explosion last week??

I didn't see that preview last night...
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

My dude Horace Goodspeed...

332px-HoraceGoodspeed.JPG

laugh.gif
eek.gif

So apparently people can be ressurected from the dead? This is about to get interesting.

Peep when he said "He's been waitin' for you a real long time..."

I'm guessing Jacob.

I read where someone thought..Miles was so interested in Claire and asking her questions..

That perhaps she is dead already from the explosion last week??
I'm pretty sure Miles can tell when people are gonna die...

Last weeks episode...

Claire: I'll live...

Miles: I wouldn't be too sure of that...

Then on last nights episode, He was trying to hold the baby...As if something was gonna happen to Claire.

Back
Top Bottom