OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

^^^ Yeah, its GSW and everyone else, with a everyone else falling into a few different tiers. If things go well this Summer, we'll be right back in the top tier of non-GSW West teams. (... and if things go horribly wrong this Summer, we're looking at the bottom tier for sure. LOL).

Yuppp

But we could have jerry west in the FO, Steve Kerr magically become our HC, GSW could combust and all four of their stars could want out,

And none of it will matter if Blake and CP don't play 70+ games next season (if they're back with us)

Health >>>> anything the FO could / will do for us. Like I said, J West isn't tackling a rebuild like he was with gsw. There isn't 'that' much that he or lac needs to do. Getting healty, blake and cp playing 70 games, would be a HUGE start to whatever it is lac is trying to accomplish.

I know its just the age we live in, but I'm a little mystified by so many Clippers fans already getting worked up about LeBron in 2018. Let's see if we can re-sign our own stars in 2017 before we start looking at that. I really have to know what the rest of the team's going to look like before I start thinking about the team paying LeBron $40 million/year for the later stages of his career.

Am I crazy? Should I be getting on board the LeBron train now.

I know its just the age we live in, but I'm a little mystified by so many Clippers fans already getting worked up about LeBron in 2018. Let's see if we can re-sign our own stars in 2017 before we start looking at that. I really have to know what the rest of the team's going to look like before I start thinking about the team paying LeBron $40 million/year for the later stages of his career.

Am I crazy? Should I be getting on board the LeBron train now.
Hell no you shouldn't lol things like that are so far fetched to me that I personally will cross that bridge next summer or something. It's friggin LBJ

Like you said, much more concerned with Resigning Blake and CP and staying healthy

^^^ Yeah, man. We don't want to turn into Lakers fans (or how Lakers fans used to be), thinking we're entitled to every big FA.

DJ + somebody else for Paul George? I'd consider it. Even though PG is saying he wants to wind up with the Lakers, I'd take the risk on him with West in the fold now.

I like DJ and he's better now than I ever thought he would be, but the limitations in his game are a real issue because of the style of play that dominates the NBA now. Can't/won't guard on the peremiter and can be a big offensive liability, especially late in games.

I guess we have to see if CP and/or BG re-sign before anything. But if they do, I just think it's time to see if any other teams might be interested in DJ.

DJ + somebody else for Paul George? I'd consider it. Even though PG is saying he wants to wind up with the Lakers, I'd take the risk on him with West in the fold now.

I like DJ and he's better now than I ever thought he would be, but the limitations in his game are a real issue because of the style of play that dominates the NBA now. Can't/won't guard on the peremiter and can be a big offensive liability, especially late in games.

I guess we have to see if CP and/or BG re-sign before anything. But if they do, I just think it's time to see if any other teams might be interested in DJ.
Damn I came in here just now to ask what you guys thought of this. I'm in the same boat as you.

Issue is, Indy wants no parts of DJ i'd assume. Last year of his deal, 29 years old, etc. They want some youth.

So you'd probably have to get a third team involved? Regardless I think it's more than a appropriate gamble. I'd do it.

And I don't think DJ's limitations are that limiting to this LAC team. He's actually the perfect center to pair with CP. It's when you pair him in a starting lineup with Blake AND Luc that it becomes an issue. In theory, Chris / DJ pick and roll surrounding by shooting is awesome. CP / DJ PnR surrounded by LUC, AND Blake? Not so much. The defensive stuff that you said about DJ though I agree as well.

My man Lucas gave a great proposal. Get it done Jerry
 3-team with MIN and PHX DJ for Minnesota's pick 7 and Cole Aldrich Clippers take Knight and Tyson from Suns Suns take Jamal

Minnesota gets a veteran to help them get into the playoffs Suns save a boatload of money Clippers get their pick for a George package

Then the Clippers can flip 7+Austin Rivers+Wesley Johnson for Paul George Re-sign Felton. Re-sign LRMaM. Re-sign JJ

n
Paul/Felton

JJ/Knight

George/Luc

Blake

Tyson/Cole

Clippers can still re-sign Bass, have Brice/Diamond and can use the MLE

I'm pretty sure i said I'd rather have PG over DJ a year ago lol. I'm wit it, even if we lose him.

‏Verified account @BleacherReport 1h1 hour ago
Clippers are targeting Paul George via potential sign-and-trade, per @SeanDeveney http://ble.ac/2tkJ9M7
And so it begins. The S&T is NOT Happening though
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Glad to hear we're going to make a run at PG, but it's a real long shot because of our lack of assets. We'd need another team to get involved and I don't know who's going to help us land an all-star SF.

But who knows? Jerry West is around now and he's been known in the past to get people to do crazy deals.

From my brief conversation with Jerry, he really wants to make a strong push for PG.

I haven't spoken to Jerry [color]

I am totally convinced PG or Melo will be a clipper by training camp.

Jerry about to put that battery in Lawrence and Doc's back and swing for the fences.

Seriously, no matter what the FO does, if CP and Blake can't play 70 games a year nothing Jerry West does will matter.

We gotta stay healthy.

For what it's worth, Frank Isola called Bron leaving for LA the ''worst kept secret in the entire league'' and Woj called it an ''expectation.''

Suddenly, this doesn't seem all that unrealistic. It's feasible that the Clippers are trying to Resign Chris and Blake, trade for Melo  or PG, and Sign Bron next summer or something like tht.

Connecting dots just for the heck of it: Jerry West, new LAC consultant, once tried to hire David Griffin in Memphis.
Would NOT be surprised if we added David to the FO. Was rumored for awhile.

Last edited:
Would hiring Griffin make it more or less likely Bron would want to come here? I kind of lost track of whether those two are cool or not.
More likely. Bron had a really good relationship with David Griffin especially due to Griffin's willingness to Make whatever deals bron felt necessary for the team, and Bron was said to be "stunned" and didn't even know that the Cavs fired David.

@sam_amick 5m5 minutes ago
In Jerry West column, reporting on this Clippers summer & how the Banana Boat Bunch can reunite (sans D-Wade) https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2017/06/19/lebron-james-clippers-jerry-west-nba/410735001/  …
Hot Take: The skeletons for this are already starting to take shape. CP resigns this summer, trade for melo, and have Melo, bron, and Jerry West at the table next summer for Lebron. You also would have richest owner in all of sports at the table for Lebron.

[emoji]128563[/emoji]

... and once Bron signs, Wade will come play for us for free, just so the superfriends can be complete. [emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom