OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

Oh, and Woj saying Boston is indeed going to come after Blake hard. Honestly, if I was him, I'd be out. Considering the amounts we're talking here, I'd be ok with leaving a bunch of money on the table to get out of the Warriors conference. And, if BG goes to the Celtics (and stays healthy, of course) and they add another solid wing, they would have a strong chance of getting to the Finals. Much better chance than us even if both CP and BG come back.

- You don't announce a new arena like this w/o a promise from someone amirite? CP and / or Blake? . Also, the lease runs through 2024 at STAPLES, but if they are announcing it now, gotta believe that we won't finish it through

- Kudos to the LA Clippers man. They've been ran as a 2nd / 3rd class NBA franchise since their inception, and people don't even realize that them being an Actual NBA franchise really began in 2014. So in 4 years, we got an expanded Basketball operations department, a d league team, a new arena, etc. I'm just proud to see the Clippers continuing to take steps to legitimize themselves as a real tier 1 NBA franchise.
@BleacherReport 1h1 hour ago
NBA teams feel that Clippers and Lakers are in play for LeBron in 2018 free agency, per @WojVerticalNBA http://ble.ac/2s2HHPY

It all makes sense. We're bringing LBJ with us to Inglewood

JK.

Last edited:
^^^ Baller Balmer is financing the whole thing. Now that's an owner. [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

Speechless right now, bros. Feel like we just did something really significant even though I have no idea what good it will actually do. Jerry West is a god to me.

Same bro

It's just crazy to me to see a team like the Clippers, making a concerted effort to become an elite level franchise in such a short amount of time

This really isn't the Clipper organization / FO that Lawdog grew up on :lol:

Same bro

It's just crazy to me to see a team like the Clippers, making a concerted effort to become an elite level franchise in such a short amount of time

This really isn't the Clipper organization / FO that Lawdog grew up on :lol:

LOL. No. Long gone are the days of winning 20 games per season, with DTS content if like 500 people showed up to the Sports Arena. You know, started from the bottom...something, something...

Harrison Faigen‏Verified account  @hmfaigen
Lakers director of player personnel Ryan West joining his dad with the Clippers is reportedly a ‘strong’ possibility
Has done awesome work with LAL. I would be through the roof if this happens. Jerry is great, but Ryan has done some really good work essentially overseeing LAL's rebuild.
Might be overstating it a bit, but losing him would definitely hurt.

He's great for you guys as, from what I understand, he was really influential in getting Nance and Clarkson.

Besides health, not getting good value at the end of the 1st round has been the Clips biggest issue. He should def help with that.

Might be overstating it a bit, but losing him would definitely hurt.

He's great for you guys as, from what I understand, he was really influential in getting Nance and Clarkson.

Besides health, not getting good value at the end of the 1st round has been the Clips biggest issue. He should def help with that.
Yup 100% agree with all of this.

Even in a worst case scenario where Blake and CP leave this summer, having Jerry and Ryan on board should help immensely with finding value in the draft, which wouldn't be nearly as hard if we're drafting in the lottery, but still.

We don't have a lot of pics to work with, but the sentiment of your post still rings true. Finding value late in the draft (first or 2nd round) is a challenge for any team, but it's been an even bigger challenge for LAC, so having Jerry and Ryan especially on board will hopefully help with that.

Beyond that, Ryan and Jerry being involved in trades, FO movement, FA signings, anything basketball related is a good thing. Chris Paul is also a huge fan of Jerry west as well.

Last edited:
Could also see a situation where Doc officially becomes just the coach of LAC soon and Lawrence and Ryan become VP and Pres. of Bball opps at some point. Ryan wants to be a GM, and them picking Pelika over him I'd assume didn't aid in his relationship with the Lakers.

Could also see a situation where Doc officially becomes just the coach of LAC soon and Lawrence and Ryan become VP and Pres. of Bball opps at some point. Ryan wants to be a GM, and them picking Pelika over him I'd assume didn't aid in his relationship with the Lakers.
Yup, could definitely see this. Gotta save Doc from himself.

Yea I'm sure the Pelinka situation didn't help. It will be telling if he leaves just to have the same position, but I think it's more likely he's GM like you said.

We need to make the right moves in this off season. We need to rebuild our tribe called bench and add some shooters.

GS will continue to dominate have 4-5 consistent 3 point shooters. If we keep Blake let's hope to make room to land LBJ in 2018. There's noooooooooooo way he'll play for the Lakers, and that's even if he comes this way. It's a little daunting to be in the conference with GS and OKC not to mention the regular machine that is the Spurs.

The conference really isn't that daunting when you look at it outside of GSW.

Does any serious basketball head think a healthy Clippers team is that far away / has no shot against SAS, Hou, Utah, etc.? They really aren't that far away. Top 6 team record wise last year with Blake and Chris missing 42 games, top 10 offense, 60 win pace when CP was healthy, etc. if you bring CP and Blake back, you're right there again.

It's why I'm enthused a bit by the Jerry and the possible Ryan West signing. It's not like Jerry is taking on a reclamation project or anything. The Clippers are further along than when Jerry first got to Golden State or Memphis. It's kind of Late 90's lakerish to me. They're literally one potential move and good health away from being able to take advantage of a GSW injury in the reg season or playoffs.

^^^ Yeah, its GSW and everyone else, with a everyone else falling into a few different tiers. If things go well this Summer, we'll be right back in the top tier of non-GSW West teams. (... and if things go horribly wrong this Summer, we're looking at the bottom tier for sure. LOL).

Back
Top Bottom