OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

19-8, 4 min left in the 1st quarter. CP3 gets his 2nd foul and Doc still takes Blake out. Let's see what the score is at the end of the first without Blake and CP3.

-Edit-

29-18 to end the 1st :pimp:

Should have been 29-15 but Felton didn't get back on transition :smh:

Last edited:
JJ is proving himself to be basically unplayable in this series. Hope he has a better 2nd half.

Honestly though, we gotta have on of the weakest home playoff home crowds in the league. Place should have gone nuts on that Felton 3. Was like just another bucket.

Chris Paul gotta play like this every game.

Utah cannot count on this tupe of 3 pt shooting. Gotta win Game 3 and kill their hope.

My views on game 2

- CP is brilliant. At the peak of his powers right now. Was aggressive from jump and got us out in front early.

- Doc did something with JJ today that I completely agreed with. They used him as a floor spacer and not much else and that worked for us. The DHO's and Floppy's and pindowns that we would normally run to get JJ off were non-existent and they instead just played through CP and Blake. They're your best guys and you should be playing through them like this.

- Luc Mbah Amoute is flat out incredible on defense. Am flat out amazed at his work. And CP too. The work those two are doing on Gordon Hayward has been awesome thus far.

- Hoping the Jazz regress to the mean on 3's, but we still have to do a better job there. Clips did a better job of not switching as much.

- Until Austin gets back, our wing stable is flat out cringeworthy. Between Pierce, Jamal, (Who's just awful on defense right now, jesus christ) JJ, everyone after Blake / Luc is just...ugh.

- Doc's rotations / coaching in game 2 almost made me shed a tear. Loads of staggering, didn't leave blake / cp on the bench for too long, matched Luc's minutes with Gordon, etc.

On to game 3. Had clips in 5 and i'm sticking with it lol

Last edited:
^^^ DJ was great too, even with the foul trouble (as caused by, IMO, some pretty week calls). Without Gobert, the Jazz bigs cannot compete with him physically so he has to keep being aggressive on the glass, etc. With our wings shooting like ****, we for sure need any offense DJ can provide.

Also, I have to give the Jazz credit for JJ's struggles. The people covering him really aren't letting him get any daylight. He's had very, very few real clean looks. It's clear the Jazz game planned to take JJ away - they must have been reading all PCH's posts about how important JJ is to what we do.

And Jamal - he just isn't really built for the playoffs. Doesn't respond well at all to the increased level of intensity and physicality. Can't count on him and have to treat anything we get positive from him as a bonus.

^^^ DJ was great too, even with the foul trouble (as caused by, IMO, some pretty week calls). Without Gobert, the Jazz bigs cannot compete with him physically so he has to keep being aggressive on the glass, etc. With our wings shooting like ****, we for sure need any offense DJ can provide.

Also, I have to give the Jazz credit for JJ's struggles. The people covering him really aren't letting him get any daylight. He's had very, very few real clean looks. It's clear the Jazz game planned to take JJ away - they must have been reading all PCH's posts about how important JJ is to what we do.

And Jamal - he just isn't really built for the playoffs. Doesn't respond well at all to the increased level of intensity and physicality. Can't count on him and have to treat anything we get positive from him as a bonus.
How could I forget DJ, He was awesome man. You're right on the money with that. Even with Gobert on the floor DJ has been really good against Utah and playing Rudy to a draw, so that's encouraging moving forward.

And you're right with Utah's emphasis on JJ. It's obvious they are hell bent on blowing up everything we like to do with JJ especially with Ingles and I think that caught LAC off guard on Game 1, and we adjusted accordingly for game 2. Like I've said before, we tend to place way too much emphasis on JJ, so it was nice to see us deviate away from that and put the ball in our best player's hands more. Looking forward to seeing if that'll continue in game 3.

& Finally, I don't think I've ever been more frustrated by a player come playoff time than Jamal Crawford. As bad as he is on offense come playoff time, it's the defense that's worse. They were literally singling him out last night man and without Austin that reallyyyy hurts us.

In other news, Luc is showing is worth. Damnit, if people are gonna kill #DocTheGM then you have to give him credit where credit is due. Finding an all defensive performer via a training camp deal is an awesome find, and it's the type of finds you find on championship team. It's on the margins, and luc is a player that on the margins, can shift the tide of a game. Elite level defender that can hit open 3's and slash. That's all you really need out of the 3 position and he provides that.

Last edited:
Very good win for the Clips but I still got nervous through the whole game because they just put the Jazz away.

Even the double digit leads gets erased so easily that it never felt like the game was theirs despite leading for the whole game.

Y'all see that play late in the 4th where DJ was guarding Hayward and Hayward picks up his dribble. He pases it to iso Joe and asks for it back to reset but DJ sprints kut to halfcourt to deny him the ball. Joe keeps the ball and they miss the shot :pimp:

Austin Rivers hopes to return by Game 4.

Last edited:
Gobert officially ruled out for Game 3 and Withey gets accused of domestic violence today. Not a good day for the Jazz.

Gobert officially ruled out for Game 3 and Withey gets accused of domestic violence today. Not a good day for the Jazz.
Goddamn
laugh.gif

gotta take advantage of it. Man Austin would be great if available. Could play downhill and get to the rim especially w/gobert out, and could defend on the other end.

Gobert is out, but Redick and Jamal have basically been out too. Gotta get some production from them.

I told y'all bball gods would look out for us. Gotta get past this series and see KD aggrevate that calf next round. They know they owe us :lol:

Tbh I don't think Rudy's going to be back in this series. Heard that the time table for a hyperextension & bone bruise is minimum 2 weeks. Game 7 would officially be two weeks. We'll see though.

Regardless, when we've played Utah even with Rudy, DJ does really well against him. They virtually cancel each other out, which leads me to my point.

Rewatched both games 1 and 2 today on campus (I know lol bball nerd ****) and As long as Luc Mbah Amoute can keep Gordon Hayward struggling, I think we win this series even if JJ redick and Jamal keep giving us zilch. Will be harder to do so, but I think we still win.

Reason being, is because a lot of fluky **** has been happening for Utah at the 3pt line. Regardless, even with their exceptional 3 pt shooting they're only averaging 94pts a game through the first two which tells me that we're defending. We scored 99 points on their defense in an 89 possession game. Basically the jazz play at a slow pace so the points for us are going to be lower but offensively we were still really good and shot over 52% from the field against their defense w/o even getting to the line. There was a lot to like in games 1 and 2 and a lot to take away in LAC's favor moving forward.

All of that was just a long winded way of saying the jazz already struggle with scoring the ball. They were 28th in the league in that department this year. So a team that already can't score, is going to be asked to keep up with CP, Blake, and DJ (Because so far that's essentially what the clips have become, which is a topic by itself) w/o gobert, and a struggling gordon hayward? In theory, that should be too tall of a task for Utah as long as Luc's defense keeps up. But they are at home, and are still a really good defensive team, so i'm not flat out predicting the clips runaway with this (I know better than that, we're the clippers lol) but as long as blake, DJ, and CP, play downhill with the level of force they've played at in games 1 and 2, we should be fine.

^^^ They're saying "bruised" for now, but x-ray results aren't back yet. Could still turn out to be broken.

Back
Top Bottom