OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

^^^ Glad about the team. Name is a little odd, but I guess that sponsorship money was too much to pass up.

Also, Utah for sure did us a favor. We would have been crushed by GSW. Worse than Utah did. The Warriors just played to beat the Jazz. They would have played to humiliate us.

Also, Utah for sure did us a favor. We would have been crushed by GSW. Worse than Utah did. The Warriors just played to beat the Jazz. They would have played to humiliate us.
yup been sayin this.
People keep sayin to me how we lost and blah blah but then I bring up the warriors. I already know what it is

^^^ Yeah, I was disappointed in the season overall, mainly because for me it was the least fun season of the Blake Griffin era. But about losing the Jazz series after Blake went down? Nah.

+1 and they would have talked **** and clowned us the whole time. we wouldnt have picked up 2 games against them at full strength.

not because of our talent, but because of the philosphy or lack thereof IMO

JJ Redick Reportedly Seeks $18-20 Million Per Year

Per the LA Times:

According to several NBA officials who were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter because of the sensitively of contract talks, the Clippers hope to re-sign Paul and Griffin after both exercise their early terminations.

Both Paul and Griffin could take meetings with other teams when free agency opens July 1.

J.J. Redick, who is an unrestricted free agent, is looking to earn $18-20 million per season, according to the officials. The Clippers probably won’t pay that much, the officials said, but the team won’t rule out re-signing Redick for the right price.

Last edited:
So long yae yae [emoji]9996[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji][emoji]9996[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]

^^^ He had a good run here, but time to move on. Good luck, (not) Wilson.
He did and I love him. If he was about 2.5 inches taller he would be amazing
laugh.gif

It's not often that you want to move on from a 2 guard this good but it is what it is. He's getting old, and his importance to LAC's offense has just grown each year that he's been here and as you saw against Utah, those are habits that we built throughout the season that can be ultimately fatal come playoff time. Even if JJ wasn't scoring, his action kind of kickstarted stuff for us so it's no wonder why our offense became CP3 or die in the playoffs - JJ redick couldn't get off lol anytime you have a role player being that important to your team, I think lends itself to potential death.

I just hope we don't bring in another player who's like JJ. At this point, for me Length and two way ability >>> shooting and offense. You have CP3, Blake, and DJ. Between those 3, you can sacrifice shooting at the 2 guard position for some length and two way play.

Also of importance is what are we going to do about Luc. He's due for a raise once we exercises his player option. We have his early bird rights so IMO bringing him back along with CP and Blake (duh) are priorities

^^^ 100 percent with you. I'd rather have a player at least 6'6" who can defend, but only shoots 30 percent from 3 than a smaller, less athletic guy who shoots 35-40 percent.

And I agree Luc needs to come back. His defense is elite - you don't let someone like that just walk. Plus, I have a feeling he's going to keep improving on offense. He's supposedly working with a well known "shot doctor" in the offense.

^^^ 100 percent with you. I'd rather have a player at least 6'6" who can defend, but only shoots 30 percent from 3 than a smaller, less athletic guy who shoots 35-40 percent.

And I agree Luc needs to come back. His defense is elite - you don't let someone like that just walk. Plus, I have a feeling he's going to keep improving on offense. He's supposedly working with a well known "shot doctor" in the offense.
I mean in glimpses, you saw an offensive player in Luc, he was just reluctant. Like, he's not Tony Allen or Andre Roberson bad from a shooting perspective and you can tell he's gotten more and more comfortable with the clips with more and more reps. He was an awesome cutter last year, and albeit in semi limited attempts, shot almost 40% on 3's last year as well as shooting 40% on corner 3's. He defends 1-4 with ease, I mean There's just so much to like about Luc, i'm almost on the we have to bring luc back train because it isn't like we can trust that Doc can find another gem like that given his track record
laugh.gif
in a sea of misses, this was a bonafide hit.

Because of our cap situation, and because Doc's managing of our draft picks, this development can be HUGE if we do it right
Chris Reichert‏ @Chris_Reichert
The Los Angeles Clippers are set to announce their expansion G League affiliate on Monday #NBAGL
I'm not expecting a game changer or a franchise player or anything from the 'G' League, but this is a potentially vital development that can help us get talent for cheap in the near and distant future.

With CP/Blake/DJ core, (assuming they resign, but hell we're the clippers so i'm not penciling in that lol) that's a 50+ win team. What you need to fill out your roster are young, diamond in the roughs that can help you, and are cost efficient. We'll see.

The hell is a G League? They renamed the D league?

Idc who leaves, I just need to see a new roster next season.

Last edited:
^^^ Yes, they renamed the D-league because the league now has an official partnership with Gatorade. Hence, "G" league.

G-League team officially announced today.

I'm calling them the Ontario Clippers.

I'm just glad to see the Clippers continue to take steps in the direction of being a viable, real, efficient NBA franchise. What most people take for granted,  is that the LA Clippers really have only been a legitimate NBA franchise I'd say since Doc has taken over. (Not giving him full credit for it)

We're expanding the basketball ops department, Locker room in staples got bigger last year, analytics department keeps expanding, we're venturing into health and how we can improve in that area, so credit to Gillian, Steve, Doc, etc. for trying to bring the Clippers into the modern era of an NBA franchise.

Think we're going to buy a second round pick now just off the fact that we have a real place for him.

Last edited:
^^^ We did that two years ago when we drafted that dude from Michigan State in the second round. Dawson? Have no clue where he is now.

^^^ We did that two years ago when we drafted that dude from Michigan State in the second round. Dawson? Have no clue where he is now.
Branden Dawson isn't in the NBA right now I don't think but with a new G league team, I think there's an incentive for LAC to try and get a pick in this year's draft in the same way that they got dawsen.

Heard an ESPN reporter who is based in Boston on the radio this mornin. Says there is increasing buzz about Blake considering the Celtics. I've said before than, to me, Boston is the destination other than LAC that makes the most sense for him. If he does decide he wants to go there, I just hope we can get something in return. That said, still think he most likely scenario is that we re-sign him.

Heard an ESPN reporter who is based in Boston on the radio this mornin. Says there is increasing buzz about Blake considering the Celtics. I've said before than, to me, Boston is the destination other than LAC that makes the most sense for him. If he does decide he wants to go there, I just hope we can get something in return. That said, still think he most likely scenario is that we re-sign him.

Would it make any type of sense at all for then to give us Jaylen? Im literally just thinking out loud :lol:

Blake in Boston woule be dope. And it would be hilarious considering Doc came here cuz he didn't wanna rebuild in Boston :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom