OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2013 OFFSEASON THREAD - Media Day Done; Training Camp Starting

VP of Basketball Operations? Well damn!

Congrats.

I still think AA is a worthless trade for us. Son was overlooked in Denver, and will be here. We gave up pretty much a future pg star for some above average 2 guard?! :smh:

Don't care about Caron, but I thought they'd get more for Bledsoe, unless nickelson is that good

We'll see. Nothing is done yet. And now that Doc's on board, no trade is going to happen unless he's down. Tomorrow should be interesting.

Via ESPN LA

Source: Alvin Gentry to pick team
Former Phoenix Suns coach Alvin Gentry will soon decide between an offer to be an assistant coach on Mike D'Antoni's staff with the Los Angeles Lakers and an invitation to be an associate head coach on Doc Rivers' new staff with the Los Angeles Clippers, a source with knowledge of the situation told ESPNLosAngeles.com on Tuesday night.

Gentry has a longstanding friendship with D'Antoni, dating back to their days on Phoenix's bench between 2004-05 and 2007-08. There has been something of a standing offer to join the Lakers staff all offseason, but Gentry first wanted to pursue head-coaching opportunities in Charlotte and Memphis.

Last month in a radio interview with ESPNLA 710, Gentry said he thought the Lakers would be "really good next year" and that "you're going to see a new Dwight Howard next year." Joining the Lakers would also provide a reunion with Steve Nash, whom Gentry coached to the 2010 Western Conference finals with Phoenix.

The opportunity to join forces with Rivers is tempting, though. Rivers sought out Gentry because of his history with and knowledge of the franchise and his reputation as an offensive-minded coach who helped get the best out of Amare Stoudemire in Phoenix – something he'd be tasked with in L.A. with young Clippers forward Blake Griffin. Gentry is expected to make his decision in the next couple of days, the source said.

My thoughts is Gentry will take the Lakers job because if the Lakers struggle D'Antoni will be fired so his chances of becoming a HC will be greater with them. I don't like him anyway.

Source: Alvin Gentry picks Clippers

Former Phoenix Suns coach Alvin Gentry will join Doc Rivers' new staff with the Los Angeles Clippers as an associate head coach, according to a source.

Gentry chose the Clippers over an offer to be an assistant coach on Mike D'Antoni's staff with the Los Angeles Lakers, a source with knowledge of the situation told ESPNLosAngeles.com on Tuesday night.

Gentry was subsequently given D'Antoni's blessing to join the cross-hallway rival Clippers, a source said.

Gentry has a longstanding friendship with D'Antoni, dating back to their days on Phoenix's bench between 2004-05 and 2007-08. There has been something of a standing offer to join the Lakers staff all offseason, but Gentry first wanted to pursue head-coaching opportunities in Charlotte and Memphis.

Last month in a radio interview with ESPNLA 710, Gentry said he thought the Lakers would be "really good next year" and that "you're going to see a new Dwight Howard next year." Joining the Lakers would also have provided a reunion with Steve Nash, whom Gentry coached to the 2010 Western Conference finals with Phoenix.

Rivers sought out Gentry because of his history with and knowledge of the franchise and his reputation as an offensive-minded coach who helped get the best out of Amar'e Stoudemire in Phoenix – something he'd be tasked with in L.A. with young Clippers forward Blake Griffin.

I don't mind this at all.

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 4m
Clippers did get a call about LaMarcus, too, but as one person put it, "where's the fit?"

:nerd: @ us getting a call about taking Aldridge. Depending on what Portland's asking price is, I'd seriously consider it. I think he'd be a good fit at C. His outside shooting would compliment what BG does. We'd have a great pick and pop guy and a great pick and roll guy. My concern would be about paying him. I'm not sure we can afford LaMarcus, CP and BG and still have flexibility to fill out the rest of the roster.

Feels Batman to be a Clipper fan these days.  Its pretty ironic that a proud franchise like the Lakers have to stoop down to beg Dwightmare to STAY and the Clippers are the distination team in LA!!! Gotta love it.

^^thas just crazy man :lol:

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 4m
Clippers did get a call about LaMarcus, too, but as one person put it, "where's the fit?"

:nerd: @ us getting a call about taking Aldridge. Depending on what Portland's asking price is, I'd seriously consider it. I think he'd be a good fit at C. His outside shooting would compliment what BG does. We'd have a great pick and pop guy and a great pick and roll guy. My concern would be about paying him. I'm not sure we can afford LaMarcus, CP and BG and still have flexibility to fill out the rest of the roster.

Nah we need to stay away from that deal.

Last edited:
Feels Batman to be a Clipper fan these days.  Its pretty ironic that a proud franchise like the Lakers have to stoop down to beg Dwightmare to STAY and the Clippers are the distination team in LA!!! Gotta love it.

:rofl:

Man I wonder how long before they defect to being Clip fans.

Last edited:
:rofl:

Man I wonder how long before they defect to being Clip fans.

Petros and Money were going off on the Dwight sign today on their show. Honestly, sad day for the Lakers. Not even John "Lakers Stan" Ireland can defend this one.

Somebody update the thread, we've had a head coach for like 3 days now.

Also,

Via SBNation.com
NBA Draft 2013: Los Angeles Clippers select Reggie Bullock at No. 25
View media item 471919
The Los Angeles Clippers have selected North Carolina forward Reggie Bullock with the No. 25 pick in the 2013 NBA Draft. The 6'7 swingman improved during each of his three seasons with the Tar Heels, and projects as a small forward in the NBA.

The junior was projected to go in the top 20 of the draft by many, so the Clippers finding him at 25 is a pretty decent selection. He'll be able to fill a role immediately as a shooter at the wing spot.

North Carolina has produced a number of productive wing players over the years. Is Reggie Bullock next?
Bullock blossomed as a three-point shooter over the course of his NCAA career, and that is expected to be calling card at the next level. After shooting 29.6 percent from beyond the arc in his freshman season, Bullock hit 38.2 percent of his threes as a sophomore and 43.6 percent as a junior.

Bullock made strides every year at UNC, and as a junior he posted 13.9 points, 6.2 rebounds and 2.9 assists in 31.4 minutes per game. He is a versatile wing player who can handle the ball, contribute in transition and do the little things to contribute on both ends of the floor. He's not an amazing physical prospect, which limits his overall upside, but Bullock could easily become a solid rotation player in the NBA.

With a lineup studded with talent -- Chris Paul teamed up with Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan in pick-and-rolls, etc. -- there's room for a gunner like Bullock to help spread the floor. With Lamar Odom likely out, Matt Barnes not necessarily back, the main wing player is Caron Butler. Considering Jamal Crawford comes off the bench as a sixth man, Bullock could end up starting, impressive for someone at the 25th pick. If not, there are minutes to be had, if he can prove to Doc Rivers he can hit shots like he did at UNC.

Back
Top Bottom