OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2013 OFFSEASON THREAD - Media Day Done; Training Camp Starting

Hope we keep Barnes. We filled some holes but we still need to get some grit in our team. Thats what killed us last year we had no one to bang around with Gasol/Randolph. I hope DJ steps it up.

Good Luck Caron class act all the way, and I will still cheer on Bledsoe.

I'll do the same for both guys. Hoping we can keep Barnes but hearing about him meeting w/ Lakers/Blazers/Knicks has me thinking otherwise. :rolleyes

Last edited:
I assume we'll start JJ and keep Jamal at 6th man? I had a lotta faith in Bullock but I doubt dude's gonna see the floor at this point.

Last edited:
I don't think we're done making moves tbh but a starting 5 of Paul/Redick/Dudley/Griffin/Jordan isn't that bad.

probable bench:
Billups/Crawford/Barnes/Odom/Hollins

Last edited:
In addition to inviting Brandon Davies to play on their Summer League squad, the Clippers have also signed the undrafted free agent to a partially guaranteed one-year contract, reports Sean Deveney of the Sporting News (via Twitter).

Davies, a 21-year-old power forward, played four seasons at BYU, averaging 17.7 PPG and 8.0 RPG in 36 contests during his senior year. The BDA Sports client was ranked 63rd among this year's prospects by Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress.com and 90th by ESPN.com's Chad Ford, so it's not shocking that he wasn't selected on draft night.

Thoughts on our newest addition rookie B Davis?

Last edited:
***Laker fan here, and I come in peace***

Good pickup for y'all in JJ, but when he and cp3 are on the court together, doesn't it make y'all a little nervous as to who will guard the opposing teams 2guard?

Not like Caron was locking anyone up

Ehh, that's not the point. With all due respect, the clippers weren't a defensive team last year, but they had that makeup of one. You lose bled, caron, and possibly Barnes, that's 3 of your better perimeter defenders no longer on the team.

Ehh, that's not the point. With all due respect, the clippers weren't a defensive team last year, but they had that makeup of one. You lose bled, caron, and possibly Barnes, that's 3 of your better perimeter defenders no longer on the team.

Yeah but you also have to think we brought in Doc. His coaching could really upgrade this teams defense. I am more worried about CP3 backup he can be fragile.

Yeah but you also have to think we brought in Doc. His coaching could really upgrade this teams defense. I am more worried about CP3 backup he can be fragile.

Oh most definitely doc will have an impact on this team defensively.

But in Boston he relied on a few guys who could guard multiple positions defensively(KG, PP, RONDO), looking at y'all potential starting lineup, the only guy I see who can guard multiple positions is Dudley :nerd:

Last edited:
Why not evaluate the roster when we're done making moves. All this stuff that when down today is just the tip of the iceberg. :wink:

Last edited:
I don't like this at all... Wanted to keep Bledsoe and move DJ.
Thank you.

JJ can shoot the ball, but his defense and speed lacks. He's and up and down player, a lesser form of Caron. Dudley was absolutely a beast from behind the arc in the 11 - 12 season, but in the 12-13 season his production numbers fell.

This was a horrible trade. Bledsoe potential is absolutely insane. They called him mini Lebron for a reason. His athleticism at that height is a true gym. I hate that they had to get rid of him :smh:

^^^Had to trade him at some point. He wasn't going to be content to be CP's back up forever. We flipped him for guys that really fill a void we had - shooting. In the NBA today, shooting is critical. Look at the Heat and the Spurs.

I said probable :lol:

What I'd like to see happen but probably won't:

CP3/Billups/Livingston or A Brooks
Mayo/Redick/Crawford
Barnes/Dudley/Bullock
BG/Landry/Odom
DJ/Speights/Hollins

>D

Last edited:
^^^Had to trade him at some point. He wasn't going to be content to be CP's back up forever. We flipped him for guys that really fill a void we had - shooting. In the NBA today, shooting is critical. Look at the Heat and the Spurs.
Maybe we could have rode out the season and then sign and trade. I am sure Bledsoe would have stayed another to learn from CP3. I hope we are not done. Team upgraded but not enough to be a lock for the WCF.

Clippers still gotta make moves

And :lol: at whoever thought NY is trading Shumpert

Last edited:
nv3bdu.gif

Last edited:
I'm still wery about this trade mostly because I feel we could've gotten more for Bledsoe considering his high trade value. I guess the trade does address some of our needs with outside shooting but it doesn't address our lack of size at the 2 position. However, we still have Willie and the rook Bullock for match ups if the opposing team plays big at the 2 position. I dunno man! I personally don't like Dudley especially his fake tough guy act but then again, I really didn't like Barnes either so he's probably one of those players that you hate when he's on the opposing team but love when he's on yours. I'm sure the Clipps ain't done dealing and hopefully we can address our back up C's and PG's soon. I was wishfully thinking we did a sign and trade for Granger but I guess there's a reason I'm an arm chair GM and not a real one. I'm sure Gary, Doc, & Andy knows what they're doing. One things for sure it will be a fun season! Thanks Ebled and Tuffjuice! They will be missed!

Back
Top Bottom