OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2013 OFFSEASON THREAD - Media Day Done; Training Camp Starting

Under the right coach/different system I believe LO could flourish in a reserve role plus the contract would be at vet min which with his versatility is worth the gamble (IMO)

Exactly. Lock up Barnes, Odom and Hollins then s&t Bledsoe/Butler for an upgrade @ 2/3.

I still wouldn't mind upgrading at C too.

Yeah that too. 8)

oa3o5f.jpg

:nerd:

Last edited:
According to reports, the Clippers will now turn their attention to free agents such as Tony Allen and OJ Mayo.

I can see the Tony Allen signing happening since he's already been coached by Doc. i'd prefer his perimeter Defense over Mayo's offense.

Signing Allen gives the Clippers a little more flexibility for trading Bledsoe. They don't have to be so focused on just Afflalo.

thoughts?

Got my #32 USC jersey ready and waiting for the games should he come aboard.

Allen would be cool but I'd chose Mayo over him in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
I can see the Tony Allen signing happening since he's already been coached by Doc. i'd prefer his perimeter Defense over Mayo's offense.

Signing Allen gives the Clippers a little more flexibility for trading Bledsoe. They don't have to be so focused on just Afflalo.

thoughts?

Its an interesting question. I think Allen is the best perimeter defender in the league, but his offense is straight up poor most of the time. If we don't acquire a C who is more of an offensive threat, I'd be a little worried about starting Allen at the 2. Mayo is not near the defender that Allen is, but is capable when he tries and I think could fit in well here offensively. I feel like playing with CP could help Mayo reach his potential. So, all things considered, I'd lean toward OJ, as between those 2.

I'm not sure I want Tyson Chandler, he got exposed this past season. I don't think he could bang with the bigs in the west.

Yeah that too. 8)

oa3o5f.jpg

:nerd:

I'm not sure about that deal. Tyson is getting older and wasn't looking that great last season, plus Shumpert's decent, but I don't think he has the upside that Bledsoe does. So, I feel like NY would have to throw something else in, maybe a draft pick, to make it worth it for us.

I'm not sure I want Tyson Chandler, he got exposed this past season. I don't think he could bang with the bigs in the west.
And Jordan can? He can't shoot, can't rebound, can't play the 4th quarter, but he gets 3 dunks a night

Where did I mention DeAndre Jordan?

What I'm saying is that I don't want Tyson Chandler on the team. If we're trying to pick up a C, lets get someone that's more productive than a Tyson Chandler. He's overrated imo.

I see your guys' points on getting Mayo. I never had a gripe with Mayo as a scorer. Either way, I'd be cool. I'm really more concerned with what upgrades we can do at the 5.

I need this to happen in a real way. :pimp:

So is this scenario stating we're keeping Barnes AND getting Mayo? Or a sign and trade to get Mayo? I'm confused. :lol:

I'd take Tyson over DJ, at least he plays defense and can play pick and roll ALOT better too.

Last edited:
Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 20m
Clippers do like Tony Allen, but they haven't officially shown much interest yet.

I just don't see us winding up with TA, but we'll see.

RT @ramonashelburne: Rumblings that Clippers and Bucks are discussing deal involving JJ Redick and Eric Bledsoe.

Redick and who else???????

Please tell me this can't be a real trade.
:smh:

Back
Top Bottom