**Official Lil Wayne Thread ** **No Ceilings 2 drops Thanksgiving**

Ay I forgot all about that song. That **** was fire :lol: . Lowkey the songs where hes singing are heat

Prostitute Flange
Single
On Fire
Lollipop
California Love

he should have did luv songz instead of rebirth

that whole era would have been recieved differently

I got time today. Wa_n_ is the most overrated rapper in history. Never have I ever listened to a rapper that even in his prime was slightly above average and nothing more, yet got praised like he's some legend. He's a legend for being a part of the heyday of Cash Money and releasing a lot of music, but not actually anything skill-wise. He's been the empty stats guy for years, but when you compare him to other true legends (Jay, Nas, Em, Pac, Big, even Kanye), he's just not in that tier at all. Wa_n_ is Rudy Gay or Kevin Martin trying to sit at the table with Jordan, Kobe, Lebron, Magic, Hakeem, etc. Had he never started pushing that "best rapper alive since the best rapper retired" garbage, he would have been Juelz Santana or Memphis Bleek, but luckily, he was able to strike a chord with dudes easily impressed by ****, elevating his status. Carter 1 and 2 ain't no top 5 or 10 all time albums, they're just albums that bumped and that's it. The Mobb, BM JR, Georgia Bush, Presidential Remix, those I Can't Feel My Face loosies, they're just songs cool to nod your head to and that's it. Ain't nothing special about any of those. 6+ minute freestyles from him were just that, long and aimless, he wasn't "goin in" on anything. Dude didn't even have the best verse on 6 Minutes with Cassidy & Fabolous, which was basically the start of "lyrical Weezy". That whole 05-07 era of his was just being on a ton of features and beating people over the head with his decent music and getting pumped up like it's all-time great stuff. 08-10 was even worse as he was basically the face of rap, being elevated to a tier he shouldn't even be in. Dude is supposed to be on par with legends and bubbling legends when his real peers are Plies, Ace Hood, Young Jeezy, Rick Ross, and Shawty Lo, yet Wa_n_ doesn't even have a TM 101 to his name, a real album that changed things, nor were people elevating Jeezy and Ross, dudes who made better music than him. The last 6-7 years have basically been washed pathetic Wa_n_, a bunch of desperate attempts to "comeback", being planted on songs that would have taken off without him. Not sure how you come back when you weren't all that good in the first place. Dude played a big part in watering down the **** out of rap for a long time, and doesn't need to be acknowledged much anymore. Snap music, the rock/rap fusion era, and the Dallas dance rap wave were all phases that came and went. He was a trend/phase that kept getting life-lines, so Wa_n_ is my part of erasing him. Bryan and Ronald are doing rap a favor by keeping Carter V buried in the ground.

In Tune We Trust, more desperation
yawn3.png
, like Celtics Shaq and Barkley's last year as a Rocket, get over it already ol WB frog soundin' boy
camby.png
Damn..... I've never agreed with a post on NT so much in my life. Kevin Martin and Rudy Gay are spot on comparisons. I wanna make 10 other names and rep u 10 more times. I hope the rockets make the conference finals, u deserve it b.

He really shoulda just went all the way in with the Single, Me And My Drank, In The Morning type songs. Way better than the trash on Carter 4 and the tapes he been dropping.

Last edited:
he shoulda did a leaned out autotune album with 40 executive producing right before he went to jail

would have been like the hood 808s

Wow, I wish I didn't click play on Prom Queen. Years of liking it without actually listening to it had me only remembering a better sounding version of the last hook. Hearing the vocals on that **** is painful :x :lol:

:lol: i disagree about wayne but i know exactly what you mean w/ your lab partner.

thought i just be trippin

It's called the propinquity effect, and I imagine it's happened to damn near anyone that's had to spend a decent amount of time with people that have at least the bare minimum of physical attractiveness :lol:

I liked Like Father Like Son, but there's a difference between good tracks that are bangers and the ":wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:" stuff y'all been talking about. Dude ain't never had that, he just bombarded the hell out of the game with music and forced people to listen. I used to have a chem and bio lab partner that I didn't think was attractive. Doing assignments with her 5 days a week for two and a half months had me thinking she was attractive. That's Wa_n_'s music in a nutshell.
whats the backstory behind the blanks in wayne name?

I got time today. Wa_n_ is the most overrated rapper in history. Never have I ever listened to a rapper that even in his prime was slightly above average and nothing more, yet got praised like he's some legend. He's a legend for being a part of the heyday of Cash Money and releasing a lot of music, but not actually anything skill-wise. He's been the empty stats guy for years, but when you compare him to other true legends (Jay, Nas, Em, Pac, Big, even Kanye), he's just not in that tier at all. Wa_n_ is Rudy Gay or Kevin Martin trying to sit at the table with Jordan, Kobe, Lebron, Magic, Hakeem, etc. Had he never started pushing that "best rapper alive since the best rapper retired" garbage, he would have been Juelz Santana or Memphis Bleek, but luckily, he was able to strike a chord with dudes easily impressed by ****, elevating his status. Carter 1 and 2 ain't no top 5 or 10 all time albums, they're just albums that bumped and that's it. The Mobb, BM JR, Georgia Bush, Presidential Remix, those I Can't Feel My Face loosies, they're just songs cool to nod your head to and that's it. Ain't nothing special about any of those. 6+ minute freestyles from him were just that, long and aimless, he wasn't "goin in" on anything. Dude didn't even have the best verse on 6 Minutes with Cassidy & Fabolous, which was basically the start of "lyrical Weezy". That whole 05-07 era of his was just being on a ton of features and beating people over the head with his decent music and getting pumped up like it's all-time great stuff. 08-10 was even worse as he was basically the face of rap, being elevated to a tier he shouldn't even be in. Dude is supposed to be on par with legends and bubbling legends when his real peers are Plies, Ace Hood, Young Jeezy, Rick Ross, and Shawty Lo, yet Wa_n_ doesn't even have a TM 101 to his name, a real album that changed things, nor were people elevating Jeezy and Ross, dudes who made better music than him. The last 6-7 years have basically been washed pathetic Wa_n_, a bunch of desperate attempts to "comeback", being planted on songs that would have taken off without him. Not sure how you come back when you weren't all that good in the first place. Dude played a big part in watering down the **** out of rap for a long time, and doesn't need to be acknowledged much anymore. Snap music, the rock/rap fusion era, and the Dallas dance rap wave were all phases that came and went. He was a trend/phase that kept getting life-lines, so Wa_n_ is my part of erasing him. Bryan and Ronald are doing rap a favor by keeping Carter V buried in the ground.

In Tune We Trust, more desperation
yawn3.png
, like Celtics Shaq and Barkley's last year as a Rocket, get over it already ol WB frog soundin' boy
camby.png
im impressed
repped

ill fight anyone, literally who says wayne isnt top 5 doa

ask your favorite rapper about his run between 03-09 

wayne was still snapping in features in 2010....that hustle hard remix, bottles and rockin jays verse 

you dont like king of the fall.....we already established that youre one of those guys that go against the grain to be different or cool.....keep it pushin and listen to blinks new album

You made the claim and got out before it was too late. Brining kotf into the discussion doesn't help your argument the way you think it does. :lol:

if not its maybe linkin parks hybrid theory or 50s grodt.....theres a few but its def in my convo.

its music, were not all going to agree. but to say wayne is not "legend" worthy is blasphemy. people just tend to forget.

You made the claim and got out before it was too late. Brining kotf into the discussion doesn't help your argument the way you think it does.
laugh.gif
okay......you listen to blink 182 my man, your opinion is not valid in this conversation lol.

Blink 182 are legends in their genre. Undisputed ones at that. The fact that you have cross planes to slander a rock group to defend a supposed top 5 doa rapper is comical. :lol:

Wayne is trash, ain't no Wayne influence in J Cole or kendricks rhymes, them dudes actually rap about stuff and make sense

Kendrick always done said Wayne is one of his favorite rappers and a HUGE influence on him. Kendrick used to rap EXACTLY like Wayne. And to this day....pays homage and uses some lines and flows from Wayne.

Cole called the Carter one of his top 5 albums of all time or something.

Wayne was once nice as hell. He's trash now

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom