Official Lebron X Thread Vol. Early Bird

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I look at these, the more I just see Hyperfuse 2011s, which sat. I honestly believe that if there was no LJ logo on this and just a Swoosh, these would sit, just like the Hyperfuses.
i agree and even if the price was only around $110.00 - $120.00 I still think they would sit without the Lebron logo.

All the people complaining about the expensive price tag, ya wanna blame somebody, blame your yourself for having such a hunger for sneakers.

Nike is doing what most businesses do when there's a huge demand for their products, they increase just a little.

Makes their investors happy.

180! Nike is being generous. This is such a buyers-market for shoes, Nike can increase their prices to damn near anything.

Below 200 is my standard.

That's it.

Wasnt a fan of the IX at 1st and still not in love witht the shoe. Only CW i bought was the "Cannons". Idk if these look more like a VIII / IX hybrid or of the Pippen 1's and Darwins had a baby. These def aren't sigworthy. If there was no LBJ insignia these would sit and rot. Again this is just my preliminary judgement and diff CW's, pics or changes in the final production pairs could change my mind but as of right now these are a no-go for me.

Well now that we have official pics.....eh....maybe a better colorway on clearance for around $120 id cop.

I hate the 9 design wise and i think these are better just because they look more 8ish and i like the 8s.

Pro -
- I like the 360 air bag but i kinda wish they would have done something new. (lunar maybe?)
- I like the hyperfuse upper that leaves for good color blocking options

Cons -
- They look heavy
- The tongue tab looks dumb
- The middle piece of the toe box that overlaps the last lace looks dumb
- Nothing new. Hyperfuse was on the 8 V3. The 360 bag looks identical to the 8. The upper resembles 8 v2 + darwin.
- The big check is slightly obnoxious looking.

I know bron is a big guy so we won't ever see a low top light weight shoe, but why is nike basketball getting "cutting edge" technology (gimmicks) and bron isn't. I know these will be Nike+ enabled or whatever but I would have loved to see a lunar sole maybe some exposed flywire (basically an updated lunar hyperdunk). And I of course like everyone would have loved a full length zoom liner.

There is so much potential for a PG based shoe. I wish nike would get a marque PG and make a low top light weight full length zoom low top

Last edited:
Well now that we have official pics.....eh....maybe a better colorway on clearance for around $120 id cop.
I hate the 9 design wise and i think these are better just because they look more 8ish and i like the 8s.
Pro -
- I like the 360 air bag but i kinda wish they would have done something new. (lunar maybe?)
- I like the hyperfuse upper that leaves for good color blocking options
Cons -
- They look heavy
- The tongue tab looks dumb
- The middle piece of the toe box that overlaps the last lace looks dumb
- Nothing new. Hyperfuse was on the 8 V3. The 360 bag looks identical to the 8. The upper resembles 8 v2 + darwin.
- The big check is slightly obnoxious looking.
I know bron is a big guy so we won't ever see a low top light weight shoe, but why is nike basketball getting "cutting edge" technology (gimmicks) and bron isn't. I know these will be Nike+ enabled or whatever but I would have loved to see a lunar sole maybe some exposed flywire (basically an updated lunar hyperdunk). And I of course like everyone would have loved a full length zoom liner.
There is so much potential for a PG based shoe. I wish nike would get a marque PG and make a low top light weight full length zoom low top

CONS ARE PRETTY DEAD ON IMO... I DONT THINK ILL BE GETTING WITH THIS SHOE... I WOULD LIKE TO SEE OTHER COLORS THOUGH. ONLY BOUGHT ONE PAIR OF IX'S AND THAT WAS THE BIG BANGS BC THEY JUST LOOK INSANE TO ME...OTHERWISE 8S STILL TAKE THE CAKE

Is it just me or did the article not say that it was full length visible zoom. Isnt that NOT air max 360?? I'm confused now, someone set this straight.

These two things should have happened. As well as the jeweled nike swoosh. The tongue logo/tab is unnecessary as well. It's a good looking shoe, but couldve been so much better.

I will always prefer shoes with great quality leather. Those Floridians look so cheap that I am not even tempted to buy them. :smh:

Those are the "Floridian" colorway releasing this November 2nd at UNKWN via Twitter raffle
and overseas as well in limited quantities.

The Xs are already looking better to me than the IXs I was never a fan of the 9s I liked the 8s better than 9s too

The Xs are already looking better to me than the IXs I was never a fan of the 9s I liked the 8s better than 9s too

Your sentiment reminds me of myself when I saw the fist pics of the 9's. I started getting into Lebron's after the 8's dropped and didn't like the look of the 9's at all but they definitely grew on me and now I love the look and designs (dope colorways didn't hurt either).

I like these 10's but the reverse swoosh looks off to me and the large swoosh on the toe box make me think this is an 80% Ball and 20% casual wear shoe which will prevent me from copping because I'm a casual wearer. I know all basketball kicks are designed for their purpose which is on the court but some models lend themselves to casual wear quite well and I just don't the 10's achieve that. Nothing wrong with that, i just won't be copping.

i personally like the design on the X's

the colorway is ehhh but i think it will grow on alot of people

Those are the "Floridian" colorway releasing this November 2nd at UNKWN via Twitter raffle
and overseas as well in limited quantities.

of course and with that said ppl will start to like the floridian colorway. :lol:

same game Nike plays but...

"Homie don't play that!"
homie.jpg

Last edited:
All the people complaining about the expensive price tag, ya wanna blame somebody, blame your yourself for having such a hunger for sneakers.
Nike is doing what most businesses do when there's a huge demand for their products, they increase just a little.
180! Nike is being generous. This is such a buyers-market for shoes, Nike can increase their prices to damn near anything.
That's it.

Solid points here, but Nike should at least be pushing the envelope with their designs. This is a signature shoe for one of their top athletes yet it looks like a mid-range Nike Basketball offering.

By that measure the Lunar Hyperdunk is alot more bolder looking in the overal design department.

I said it when pics 1st leaked and I'll say it again to express my feelings for the X at this point, the Hyperposite should've been the Lebron X. The colorway possibilities would've been endless and it would've been nice to bring foamposite back to the Lebron line after his 1st ring seeing as his first finals appearance was in the Lebron IV, his sig foamposite. The Hyperposite says SIGNATURE shoe all over it...the X, not so much.

Hyperposites look dope and it has many color blocking possibilities. On the heavy side but you get durability from it. It'd still go with the X, slightly cheaper, lighter and well they're Lebrons. One shoe that will give the X a run for its money would be the Penny V. They're growing on me a lot especially after seeing the X.

Last edited:
That's it.
As if Niketalk has enough buying power to dictate what direction Nike's bottom line moves. Please. We are a minority, a very small one. Various economic factors and a duty to shareholders are causing increases across the board, not the sneaker "community".

of course and with that said ppl will start to like the floridian colorway. :lol:
same game Nike plays but...
"Homie don't play that!"

obviously I'm trolling but what the heck man. People hating on colorways when we KNOW
that if it becomes limited, suddenly people will see the beauty and will grow on them. LOL

One thing's for sure, these will be my first brons in a looooooooooooooooooong time.

I agree with the comment up there. Hyperposites or whatever they're called should've been the
Xs... those look REE-DICULOUS.

Regular away GR and the other one would be the Dunkman cw... MADNESS will
ensue for sure. the $200 will not even stop people because of the sheer beauty
of the silhouette plus that sexy 360 bag.

:pimp:

Xs are good though, don't get me wrong. HPM just look better.

obviously I'm trolling but what the heck man. People hating on colorways when we KNOW
that if it becomes limited, suddenly people will see the beauty and will grow on them. LOL
One thing's for sure, these will be my first brons in a looooooooooooooooooong time.
I agree with the comment up there. Hyperposites or whatever they're called should've been the
Xs... those look REE-DICULOUS.

Regular away GR and the other one would be the Dunkman cw... MADNESS will
ensue for sure. the $200 will not even stop people because of the sheer beauty
of the silhouette plus that sexy 360 bag.
:pimp:
Xs are good though, don't get me wrong. HPM just look better.

When Petrie stated "Wait until they see the X" THIS is the shoe that I would've imagined he was referring to, not that awkward looking shoe with the hideous tongue and weird almost Jordan 2012 wingtip looking design around the forefoot. The Hyperposite has Lebron all over it, from the durability, to the 360 Air and midsole, to the Lebron 8 like mid/high top silhouette. I am so dissappointed that a General Nike Basketball shoe will outshine the Lebron X this upcoming fall. Simple gauge, an all black Hyperposite would outsell an all black Lebron X if no branding were on either shoe besides the Nike Swoosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom