Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

I wonder if ppl really paying the price tag on the Crown Jewels and Gold Medals
eyes.gif
I think so. I was looking at Crown Jewles for a friend as a gift. Maybe that's just me because if I really wanted a shoe I'll pay the price they ask for. I guess you could call me a sucker, but I go after what I want.

The X's are starting to grow on me...... I need opinions here... is this a top shoe to ball in? I need cushion and comfort. Im using the D rose 3's and they arent a favorite of mine...
TOP shoe fam, in the end every1's different so go try on a pair, but for comfort and cushioning theres not many, if any thts better to ball in IMO 
I've got to agree. These are my favorite shoes to play in that I've had in awhile. They're super comfortable with great cushioning. My only advice when trying them out is to not judge the cushioning until you lace them up tight.  I didn't really feel the cushioning fully until i tightly laced them, and then played in them.

LeBron X is just average...looks too much like a general Nike Basketball sneaker...hopefully the LeBron 11 looks more like a true signature sneaker for an elite athlete like LBJ!

finally seen the "dolphins" at footaction today......had to get em! Probably best GR colorway! IMO.....i thought nothing could top jades, but i was wrong. i was waiting for the right cw to pickup and the dolphins, settings, teal joints did it for me!

Last edited:
I've got to agree. These are my favorite shoes to play in that I've had in awhile. They're super comfortable with great cushioning. My only advice when trying them out is to not judge the cushioning until you lace them up tight.  I didn't really feel the cushioning fully until i tightly laced them, and then played in them.
I also will agree with the comfort and cushioning, and I Really like the stability!  Read earlier that someone forgets to tie them before balling...cannot imagine balling with shoes not tightened down.  Best part of the X's to me is the rebound of the zoom air unit, actually feels as if it pushes back up once compressed.  And they have amazing grip!  I would suggest if you are balling to buy 2 pair though, the X's I ball in now fit and feel entirely different than those I just walk around in...they loosen up quite a bit when balling in them.  I have a new ACL from a complete tear last year and balled in Hyperdunks, Hyperaggresors and the Xs since.  X's feel best by far all the way around.  If they were as light as the hyperdunks...they would be PERFECT!

If those are indeed the elites, very bad first impression. Recycled, gimmick design to put it nicely.

That's understood. So does that make it a color way issue or a design issue? The only thing I'm responding to is the colorway being hideous. I have nothing to say about someone disliking the entire package.
More of a design issue, now that you bring it up.

There's a reason why there hasn't really been one universally loved colorway... one that everyone agrees isn't lacking. There are good, great colorways.. but something that will stand the test of time and is iconic? I can't think of one. GM's are the closest thing.

I know people love Crown Jewels, Prisms, etc... but there's just as many people who think they're missing something, or aren't as executed as well as they could've been.

Last edited:
More of a design issue, now that you bring it up.

There's a reason why there hasn't really been one universally loved colorway... one that everyone agrees isn't lacking. There are good, great colorways.. but something that will stand the test of time and is iconic? I can't think of one. GM's are the closest thing.

I know people love Crown Jewels, Prisms, etc... but there's just as many people who think they're missing something, or aren't as executed as well as they could've been.
I don't think there will ever be a universally liked shoe, Lebron, Kobe, JB or any other.  There will always be something someone doesn't like.  Its just funny sometimes that people will have opinions about poor performance, or too bulky etc, when the shoe was designed for Lebron James.  I doubt Lebron went to nike and said its too bulky.  He wouldn't be wearing it if he didn't get what he wanted out of it.  I think the elites are just a selling point and marketing game for nike as I don't see how putting carbon fiber on the side of a shoe will increase performance. 

Iconic and Classic CWs are few and far between for any brand, but even what some consider classics, others think they are trash...there are as many shoes as there are opinions.  I wear what I like, regardless if it is a classic or hated CW/Design...they are my feet

I don't think there will ever be a universally liked shoe, Lebron, Kobe, JB or any other.  There will always be something someone doesn't like.  Its just funny sometimes that people will have opinions about poor performance, or too bulky etc, when the shoe was designed for Lebron James.  I doubt Lebron went to nike and said its too bulky.  He wouldn't be wearing it if he didn't get what he wanted out of it.  I think the elites are just a selling point and marketing game for nike as I don't see how putting carbon fiber on the side of a shoe will increase performance. 

Iconic and Classic CWs are few and far between for any brand, but even what some consider classics, others think they are trash...there are as many shoes as there are opinions.  I wear what I like, regardless if it is a classic or hated CW/Design...they are my feet
I agree, I think the Lebron South Beach 8 was universally liked though, correct?  Maybe not, it's been so long ago since they 1st dropped...

I agree, I think the Lebron South Beach 8 was universally liked though, correct?  Maybe not, it's been so long ago since they 1st dropped...
I liked the cw, but didn't like the design of the VIII.  Would have loved to see a South Beach VII. 

the more i see it the more i want it now also... still waiting if i can get the 13's this weekend and if not ill get these.... still available in my area
Y do i have a feeling come saturday we will have a bunch of post saying "i should have bought the settings when i had the chance!" Lol ..dunno maybe its just me

as of right now.. elite 9s > elite 10s

it looks like they just changed the ankle cut, material of the tongue, and slapped some carbon fiber on them and called it a day

waiting til Nike officially unveils them tho.. they might look like a whole different shoe with a better colorway

Basically the same thing they did with the Elite 9's also because they didn't do anything that "great" with them either imo it almost seems like they did a little less on the Elite 9's if you ask me and just slapped some carbon fiber on the side. Bottom line both the Elite 9's and the Elite X's could have simply just been V2 of the like they did with 8's and kept at the same price. Just another way for Nike to get more money out of us, and it's working because I bought a pair of the SB 9 Elites and will be picking up a pair of the X Elites

i remember nike would "downgrade" lebron's shoe for the post season.. the PS 7s and 8s both were a step down from the regular season 7s and 8s.. *IMO*

..not to mention they were cheaper also

apparently carbon fiber wins championships :lol:

Last edited:
i remember nike would "downgrade" lebron's shoe for the post season.. the PS 7s and 8s both were a step down from the regular season 7s and 8s.. *IMO*

..not to mention they were cheaper also

apparently carbon fiber wins championships :lol:

I remember when they would give him a great alternative to his sig, with the Soldier 1-3 to wear in the playoffs....ah the good ol days.

You don't have to explain to me what an "opinon" is and I think you're missing my point a little.

Every colorway has been polarizing to some extent, judging by the responses on here every time a new colorway is posted. That doesn't mean the side who likes a colorway is right, or the side who are underwhelmed is right. Just the fact that there's always a large contingent of people underwhelmed has me wondering if it's the design of the shoe... maybe the design just isn't capable of being dressed in color combos in a way that is universally appealing.

Back
Top Bottom