Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

So its Memphis , Ventura and I with the best colorway of the x's in our possession already with the doubt from others. Will be interesting to hear the opinions 30 days from now. I KNOW y'all feel the same way I feel with them on ya feet. Just an instant classic in ya hands. It is what it is.

They've been in stores for 10 days now. Most all of us have seen these shoes in person. My opinion is they look a million times better in the over saturated pics than they do in person. If the colors were that vibrant and that 3M look actually existed, they'd be a really sick looking shoe. In hand they were just....like the clear coat had been stripped off of them to me. I'm gonna grab a pair for $126 because they still are worth having. Anyone on these forums that pays extra for a shoe to get it early or pays over retail and just happens to get the shoe early ALWAYS defends the shoe hard core and has the utmost praise for the shoe for those few days before everyone else picks it up. It's to be expected.

Still can't get down with those Pure Platinums either. Just not my style, but I can see why maybe some people might like them for being a unique looking shoe.

lol...NT classic,comin in here trashing the platinums like they paid for it...im not a fan of the colorway too but....cmon guys!!!you act like the platinums dated all of you and never returned your calls...
:rofl:

Well I saw the Pure Platinums today in person.

I must say it looks better in person than in photos.

Its definitely a different looking shoe but not in a bad way

Its definitely not a South Beach type shoe though

The colorway is more of matt grey than silver in person

But its missing something. I'm not quite sure what it is.

Maybe the tongue is too light relative to rest of the shoe?

I think the laces should have been grey or black with 3M colored speckles

Also the outsole should have been translucent

I've changed my mind from not liking it at all to this colorway being a game type decision. Its kinda growing on me like the Kobe VII Galaxy did.

But I don't think I'll ever love the colorway
yes come to the little girl side, come to enjoy these GS color ways be one of us lol
alien.gif

I gotta get use to your new screen name
laugh.gif
.. and what's good with your boys!!?? Should've closed Houston out last nite, now we lookin at a 7 game series!
Haha I'm just glad adding the avi back worked and you noticed 
nthat.gif
.  I've gotten the chance to introduce people to the wonder that is the Bub Rub video since the swap tho
laugh.gif
!

Man, I don't want to derail the thread....but your boy was not happy last night to say the least!  Dat Thunder defense
sick.gif
.  If KD can't get up and rally them together under these circumstances (#1 vs #8 seed, Harden's team, he gets to be #1 w/it all on his shoulders) then he's going to have to prepare mentally to get hit with the same criticism LBJ faced at this point in his career.  I'll be at game 7 if we can't close em out, but I'd much rather extend that a few days to Game 1 of round 2.

KD needs to strap on these "Re-Entry" X's and get to work!

PAIR JUST CAME IN

EDIT: I PICKED UP SOME AREA 72 GALAXY SOCKS HERE IN HOUSTON ON ALL STAR WEEKEND AND AFTER SEEING THE OFFICIAL NAME, IT MAKES SENSE WHY THEY MATCH
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
nice pics but I've been into these since day 1....and LOL at Nike linking these to area 72's but I've always said these looked like a remix version of  the all stars.....good thing these release with the Grapes and at the same time its a bad thing, I don't want to have to stand in that long line of people trying to cop the Grapes!

I gotta get use to your new screen name :lol: .. and what's good with your boys!!?? Should've closed Houston out last nite, now we lookin at a 7 game series!
Haha I'm just glad adding the avi back worked and you noticed :nthat: .  I've gotten the chance to introduce people to the wonder that is the Bub Rub video since the swap tho :lol: !

Man, I don't want to derail the thread....but your boy was not happy last night to say the least!  Dat Thunder defense :x .  If KD can't get up and rally them together under these circumstances (#1 vs #8 seed, Harden's team, he gets to be #1 w/it all on his shoulders) then he's going to have to prepare mentally to get hit with the same criticism LBJ faced at this point in his career.  I'll be at game 7 if we can't close em out, but I'd much rather extend that a few days to Game 1 of round 2.

KD needs to strap on these "Re-Entry" X's and get to work!

:rofl: :rofl: REAL TALK tho!

Horrible name for them Nike.
Its actually fitting if you've ever seen the colors on a comet or a shuttle upon "Re-entry" into the Earths atmosphere.

I tried to tell you dudes on Campus chuckle at the Nicknames people give and the ones that stick.

They are now just doin Tees for Jordan but its more to mock and make loot of the names given cuz they sure as hell dont call Jordans Grapes or Breds in meetings.

Just f'n around in my jades today bout to go play ball, i know the thirst for the "re-entry's" is high but i thought this pic i jus took was pretty raw 

Last edited:
Horrible name for them Nike.
Its actually fitting if you've ever seen the colors on a comet or a shuttle upon "Re-entry" into the Earths atmosphere.

I tried to tell you dudes on Campus chuckle at the Nicknames people give and the ones that stick.

They are now just doin Tees for Jordan but its more to mock and make loot of the names given cuz they sure as hell dont call Jordans Grapes or Breds in meetings.

Well what do they use? Style codes, actual description of the cw's? srs question btw

Back
Top Bottom