Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[h1]LeBron eyes new Cav pact, then ...[/h1]
By PETER VECSEY

Last Updated: 4:44 AM, June 8, 2010

Posted: 2:31 AM, June 8, 2010

An appreciably well-wired roundball entrepreneur believes LeBron James will re-up with the Cavaliers for three years, a possibility he almost certainly would not entertain had Mike Brown been retained -- something GM Danny Ferry fiercely advocated doing, hence his resignation.

Should no championships be churned out during that time frame, my source is convinced LBJ will bolt for Jay-Z's Brooklyn with a clear conscience, figuring he gave Cleveland a full decade.

With that in mind, it's hardly surprising to read Michigan-melded Dan Gilbert supposedly reached out to Michigan State's Tom Izzo. Obviously, the owner hopes to manufacture a multitude of incentives, beginning with an adored coach and pray LeBron finds him irresistible.

Of course, why would Izzo, John Calipari, Tubby Smith (would turn pro in a jiffy, I'm informed if presented the opportunity and he meets David Stern's age requirement) or any college/NBA person owning a reputable job and solid leverage get suckered into hooking up with a collection of Cavs minus its marquee?

After all, while Gilbert is attempting to line up his lures in a row, others are busy trying to tempt Odysseus, err, LeBron with ingeniously decked-out sirens that are bound to have the Cavs and the competition screaming "conspiracy" and guaranteed to push cap circumvention to its legal limit.

Here's a perfect example of the wily maneuvering already in the DreamWorks:

An impeccable source reveals David Geffen is hot to buy 51 percent of the Clippers. Friday night, the billionaire co-founder of the zaftig film-making company, had dinner in Los Angeles with Donald Sterling to discuss just that.

Anybody who knows Sterling can't imagine him selling controlling interest of anything he owns, much less turn over the decision-making of his showcase property.

"He'll take the Clippers to the grave with him," is the considered opinion of one and all. "They're his entree to Hollywood's galaxy of stars. You have no idea how Donald gets off swaying on the sidelines with demi-celebrities 41 nights a year."

For the sake of argument, surely Sterling must understand, by giving way to Geffen, his constellation, which often IS dying in the corner of the sky, would greatly illuminate and increase in value -- should the record-company big shot be able to recruit LeBron like he signed Bob Dylan and the Eagles.

In fact, Geffen has been deep in the hunt for quite some time. My source claims he told Sterling he can deliver LeBron as long as he's calling the shots.

Maverick Carter, who sits at the right hand of James in all business ventures, was next to the Lakers' bench alongside Geffen.

Meanwhile, Saturday night, Stern and Sterling had dinner. The first topic of conversation had to concern the owner's payment stoppage to Mike Dunleavy after he was fired as GM long after being let go as coach.

To date, the Clippers have not furnished grounds for such action nor has an arbitration date been set. At least one high-profile member of the coach's association, which filed a potent grievance with Stern, is encouraging a boycott of the franchise.

Sources disclosed Stern is angry Sterling again has embarrassed the league. Apparently, he's been promised the situation soon will be resolved, and that Dunleavy will get his money (nearly $6M) over the length of his contract that has one year remaining.

I don't know this for a fact, but my source suggested Stern's meeting "more likely centered on whether Sterling would be willing to sell 49 percent of the team and how much it'd take for him to give up control."

No immediate comment from either LeBron or Larry King on any of this.

Been saying he wants to be in Brooklyn

How is a college coach going to help the Cavs win in the NBA though?  Izzo may be a great coach, but no college coaches succeed anymore in the NBA, why would they think this one would?  And with a roster that still isn't good enough even with James? 
ohwell.gif

Daw well, seeing Bron and his cronies fail never gets old, so whatever. 
laugh.gif

izzo has nothing to do with lebron imo

it's having a "big name" so people may buy tickets if bron ain't there

/\ You really think Gilbert's pursuit of Izzo doesn't have anything to do with Lebron? You really think he's trying to recruit Izzo to leave MSU and possibly coach a Lebron-less Cavs team?

i don't see how it's a positive or negative for lebron.

i think gilbert is doing this all himself. no advice, no talks.

^ why he's always extremely well compensated and extremely happy where he is?

You can't place a value or a price tag on what he has at MSU

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

^ why he's always extremely well compensated and extremely happy where he is?

You can't place a value or a price tag on what he has at MSU

he already said he wants to go to the pros. he isnt going to stay at MSU forever. so he might as well go now with that kind of pay day. if he gets fired in 2-3 years he can go right back to college ball plus continue to still get paid that 30 guaranteed. win - win if you ask me

I'm 100% convinced LeBron is ready to pick his team. It wont be Cleveland and it probably wont be Chicago, he is an idiot if he goes and plays in the shadow of MJ. LeBron is more than likely going to the Knicks, but for his sake I hope it is done by July 2nd.

Get the process over with right away and then go FA hunting for a side kick.

LeBron watch is on.

if he doesn't go to the knicks i would never support him again and i'm not even a knicks fan. cleveland's economy can burn in hell

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

I'm 100% convinced LeBron is ready to pick his team. It wont be Cleveland and it probably wont be Chicago, he is an idiot if he goes and plays in the shadow of MJ. LeBron is more than likely going to the Knicks, but for his sake I hope it is done by July 2nd.

LeBron watch is on.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

LeBron watch is on.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

yeah, if he doesn't come to ny or nj then forget him. i won't be copping his sneakers, watching the cavs or whatever team he's on, etc. he's wasting time IMHO. make it happen or stay out of ny. don't come to a jay concert, don't bring your $@@*$ to watch an alicia keys concert, and don't come to any yankees game. watch that %#%% on tv.

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

LeBron watch is on.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[h1]LeBron Now Leaning Toward Knicks?[/h1]Jun 18, 2010 12:58 PM EST

James_LeBron_cle.jpg
There may have been another shift in the speculation surrounding where LeBron James will sign when he becomes a free agent in less than two weeks.

During an interview on ESPN Radio in New York, Stephen A. Smith said sources have told him that James is now leaning toward signing with the Knicks and that this factor played a role in Tom Izzo turning down the Cavs’ head coaching job.

“LeBron didn’t speak to Izzo because he doesn’t want to have anything to do with who the next coach of the Cavs is going to be just in case he leaves,

honestly (100% truth) no one i know really cares anymore. you think NT is bad try living in cleveland (for obvious reasons other than lebron). this is all thats on the news, every day is a new rumor. shhhhhhht man tomorrow is lebron james appreciation day in akron. seriously? have we stooped that low? i mean let dude go where he wants. yeah hes the best athlete we've ever seen around these parts but NBA is entertainment. he doesnt sign my paychecks. ill still watch the cavs and still be at the games. still like goin to see the top teams like i do every year.

bosh pretty much said he wants out of toronto, wade said hed like to stay in MIA, amare said hed like to stay w PHX...lebron is the only one who is silent like a mime. just seems like bron is more about "LeBron Inc." than he is about bball. you knew kobe, MJ, those guys lived and died for the game. LeBron is just using the game to get that $ and fame. i mean id be doin the same thing im not mad. just seems like too much drama anymore.

Originally Posted by belle155

honestly (100% truth) no one i know really cares anymore. you think NT is bad try living in cleveland (for obvious reasons other than lebron). this is all thats on the news, every day is a new rumor. shhhhhhht man tomorrow is lebron james appreciation day in akron. seriously? have we stooped that low? i mean let dude go where he wants. yeah hes the best athlete we've ever seen around these parts but NBA is entertainment. he doesnt sign my paychecks. ill still watch the cavs and still be at the games. still like goin to see the top teams like i do every year.

bosh pretty much said he wants out of toronto, wade said hed like to stay in MIA, amare said hed like to stay w PHX...lebron is the only one who is silent like a mime. just seems like bron is more about "LeBron Inc." than he is about bball. you knew kobe, MJ, those guys lived and died for the game. LeBron is just using the game to get that $ and fame. i mean id be doin the same thing im not mad. just seems like too much drama anymore.
pimp.gif
that's a really good post man agree 100%...it's like dude doesn't care about nothing but his "team"...rather hear guys be vocal..see videos of them working out training...not on stage rapping at drake concerts...and doing larry king interviews like your promoting a blockbuster film....your a basketball player...arguably the best(kobe>*) everything else will fall in place
smh.gif

Originally Posted by belle155

pimp.gif
that's a really good post man agree 100%...it's like dude doesn't care about nothing but his "team"...rather hear guys be vocal..see videos of them working out training...not on stage rapping at drake concerts...and doing larry king interviews like your promoting a blockbuster film....your a basketball player...arguably the best(kobe>*) everything else will fall in place
smh.gif

Been tryna avoid this thread but now we're less than 2 weeks away so Im officially on the "Where will Lebron go" hype machine.

My guess is Chicago, they have the best team set for him right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom