[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

Originally Posted by PMatic

@SpearsNBAYahoo Lakers hired Bill Macdonald (TV) and John Ireland (radio) as the team’s play-by-play announcers for next season.
McDonald/Stu Lantz for television and Ireland/Mychal Thompson for radio.

Damn, I thought Spero Dedes had that tv spot locked up.

yeah i thought so too. well bill has been around for such a long time but they couldve at least kept spero on the radio.

@SpearsNBAYahoo Lakers hired Bill Macdonald (TV) and John Ireland (radio) as the team’s play-by-play announcers for next season.

yeah i thought so too. well bill has been around for such a long time but they couldve at least kept spero on the radio.

Bill McDonald?.......that's the dude who just happened to fill in on the night of kobes 81pt game right?
laugh.gif

What the F, this is out of left field.  I wonder what happened between Spero and the Lakers??

What the F, this is out of left field.  I wonder what happened between Spero and the Lakers??

@KevinDing Spero wanted to be able to keep doing national work on NFL & NCAA hoops; Lakers opposed. Spero will get to as Knicks' TV guy.
The Lakers have hired Bill Macdonald to do TV play-by-play and John Ireland to do radio play-by-play for their local broadcasts in the 2011-12 season.
Spero Dedes had hoped in April a deal would work out for him to move from radio to the Lakers’ TV job. But things changed during negotiations that included Dedes wanting to continue periodic work for CBS on the NFL and college basketball and other national jobs — and Dedes is instead headed to be the TV play-by-play man for the New York Knicks, who will allow him to do some national work.

“We had a verbal agreement with Spero to be our new TV play-by-play announcer,

@KevinDing Spero wanted to be able to keep doing national work on NFL & NCAA hoops; Lakers opposed. Spero will get to as Knicks' TV guy.
The Lakers have hired Bill Macdonald to do TV play-by-play and John Ireland to do radio play-by-play for their local broadcasts in the 2011-12 season.
Spero Dedes had hoped in April a deal would work out for him to move from radio to the Lakers’ TV job. But things changed during negotiations that included Dedes wanting to continue periodic work for CBS on the NFL and college basketball and other national jobs — and Dedes is instead headed to be the TV play-by-play man for the New York Knicks, who will allow him to do some national work.

As injury prone as Andrew Bynum is, when he's healthy his size is just something you don't give up for nothing.

Bynum should only be traded if Dwight Howard is one of the players being included in trade talks. I'd gladly give up Bynum and Odom and Shannon, Blake etc for Dwight Howard.

Besides that, makes no sense trading those guys.

Gasol is a chump and was mostly to blame the way he choked in the playoffs, but a trade for Kevin Love or something...No thanks.

We just need a better starting PG and some shooters off the bench and we'd be well off again.

Only way Bynum gets moved is for D12, CP3 or D-Will...no one else should be entertained. And if Mitch does this I'll be at his house on Friday.

As injury prone as Andrew Bynum is, when he's healthy his size is just something you don't give up for nothing.

Bynum should only be traded if Dwight Howard is one of the players being included in trade talks. I'd gladly give up Bynum and Odom and Shannon, Blake etc for Dwight Howard.

Besides that, makes no sense trading those guys.

Gasol is a chump and was mostly to blame the way he choked in the playoffs, but a trade for Kevin Love or something...No thanks.

We just need a better starting PG and some shooters off the bench and we'd be well off again.

Only way Bynum gets moved is for D12, CP3 or D-Will...no one else should be entertained. And if Mitch does this I'll be at his house on Friday.

roll.gif
@ #2 for bynum

bynum is a proven center in this league even with all his injuries...you don't trade him for a number

Bill McDonald? They can't be serious
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

roll.gif
@ #2 for bynum

bynum is a proven center in this league even with all his injuries...you don't trade him for a number

Bill McDonald? They can't be serious
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Why are there so many non-Laker fans in here?

It comes with the territory.  People have their mouths taped shut while they are winning, but are the first to say something as soon as they lose. 
It's okay, I have no problem with it.  Most fans do, but that's where the problem starts.  Just let them be, they are the ones who went out of their way to post in here.  

But one thing that's always hilarious to me, is that they get mad when you bring up banners, rings, success, etc., and they say, "that's your only argument?"  
laugh.gif

it's the only argument.

what do you play in the nba for? to win titles.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Why are there so many non-Laker fans in here?

It comes with the territory.  People have their mouths taped shut while they are winning, but are the first to say something as soon as they lose. 
It's okay, I have no problem with it.  Most fans do, but that's where the problem starts.  Just let them be, they are the ones who went out of their way to post in here.  

But one thing that's always hilarious to me, is that they get mad when you bring up banners, rings, success, etc., and they say, "that's your only argument?"  
laugh.gif

it's the only argument.

what do you play in the nba for? to win titles.

Back
Top Bottom