[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

Originally Posted by PMatic

I still feel better PG play and more consistent shooting will benefit the Lakers more than Dwight Howard. At least for this upcoming season.
i agree. it's time to find a replacement for fish. not having a typical point finally caught up to us last season.   

I still feel better PG play and more consistent shooting will benefit the Lakers more than Dwight Howard. At least for this upcoming season.
i agree. it's time to find a replacement for fish. not having a typical point finally caught up to us last season.   

I don't. Well i do, but if Dwight goes to another contender
ohwell.gif

Dwight going to a great team >>>>>>>>>>>>> Cp3 or Dwill going to a great team.

I don't. Well i do, but if Dwight goes to another contender
ohwell.gif

Dwight going to a great team >>>>>>>>>>>>> Cp3 or Dwill going to a great team.

Originally Posted by presequel

We've never required a great pg to win. We've always had a great big man when we have won.

Under Phil......its been well known that Phil(the triangle) doesn't require a traditional PG to run that offense..........come on man, you can't possibly think this team can continue to succeed with fish getting majority of the minutes at PG

We've never required a great pg to win. We've always had a great big man when we have won.

Under Phil......its been well known that Phil(the triangle) doesn't require a traditional PG to run that offense..........come on man, you can't possibly think this team can continue to succeed with fish getting majority of the minutes at PG

i don't see what's so unrealistic about the lakers getting dwight howard. he is going to be a free agent next year and if he doesn't resign with the magic where else would he go?

a bynum/dwight trade seems realistic, if orlando realizes losing dwight is inevitable. im not saying dwight will forsure be a laker but if he did, i wouldn't be all that suprised.

regarding the pau for love and the 2 pick deal, if it has a realistic chance of happening, you do it. kevin love is only going to get better while i can see pau starting to decline in 2 years, plus historically the lakers draft well when they have high picks, so i could see whoever they draft with the 2 pick panning out as well. besides in paus case, it's better to trade a good player a year early then a year to late.

i don't see what's so unrealistic about the lakers getting dwight howard. he is going to be a free agent next year and if he doesn't resign with the magic where else would he go?

a bynum/dwight trade seems realistic, if orlando realizes losing dwight is inevitable. im not saying dwight will forsure be a laker but if he did, i wouldn't be all that suprised.

regarding the pau for love and the 2 pick deal, if it has a realistic chance of happening, you do it. kevin love is only going to get better while i can see pau starting to decline in 2 years, plus historically the lakers draft well when they have high picks, so i could see whoever they draft with the 2 pick panning out as well. besides in paus case, it's better to trade a good player a year early then a year to late.

No one ever said you need a great PG. You just can't play 4 on 5 on both ends of the court because the PG play is so bad.

And really as bad as Minnesota's management has been, they are not dumb enough to trade Love and #2 for Pau.

No one ever said you need a great PG. You just can't play 4 on 5 on both ends of the court because the PG play is so bad.

And really as bad as Minnesota's management has been, they are not dumb enough to trade Love and #2 for Pau.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

kevin love and the 2 pick? no way. besides irving im not too fond of this draft class. and if the lakers do by any chance get d howard you dont want gasol gone.

what got us killed this year was gasol having a broken heart, no shooting, and poor defense.

this team will be fine even if we cant get howard BUT we do need better shooters AND a better point guard. not saying a great point guard but anything better than fisher and blake.

and shannon brown needs to take a $%@!@!$ hike already....

and im pretty sure love has hit his ceiling already. am i fair in saying hes a rich man's troy murphy?
laugh.gif

kevin love and the 2 pick? no way. besides irving im not too fond of this draft class. and if the lakers do by any chance get d howard you dont want gasol gone.

what got us killed this year was gasol having a broken heart, no shooting, and poor defense.

this team will be fine even if we cant get howard BUT we do need better shooters AND a better point guard. not saying a great point guard but anything better than fisher and blake.

and im pretty sure love has hit his ceiling already. am i fair in saying hes a rich man's troy murphy?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

laugh.gif

Exactly...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

laugh.gif

Exactly...

J-Smoove is on the block, any way to get him without giving up Pau-Bynum?

J-Smoove is on the block, any way to get him without giving up Pau-Bynum?

@SamAmicoFSO Ramon Sessions at Lake Erie College for camp. Wonder if anyone told him Lakers will (or already have) contacted Cavs about he and Andy V.
@SamAmicoFSO Lakers media incorrectly reporting that teams calling Lakers about Pau Gasol. It's the other way around. No one in big hurry to help LA.
@SamAmicoFSO For all the talk, one Lakers insider says odds of team trading Pau Gasol or Lamar Odom is "about 10 percent, maybe 20."
@SamAmicoFSO If Lakers want Varejao and Sessions, the return is Gasol (maybe others), source says. More NBA notes this afternoon on FOX Sports.
@SamAmicoFSO No panic, Cavs fans. Just because Lakers might call doesn't mean Cavs have to take offer. Or even listen. Again, deal seems like long shot.
@SamAmicoFSO Lakers fans shouldn't panic either. They are just doing their "due diligence" and putting out feelers for Gasol/Odom.

@SamAmicoFSO Ramon Sessions at Lake Erie College for camp. Wonder if anyone told him Lakers will (or already have) contacted Cavs about he and Andy V.
@SamAmicoFSO Lakers media incorrectly reporting that teams calling Lakers about Pau Gasol. It's the other way around. No one in big hurry to help LA.
@SamAmicoFSO For all the talk, one Lakers insider says odds of team trading Pau Gasol or Lamar Odom is "about 10 percent, maybe 20."
@SamAmicoFSO If Lakers want Varejao and Sessions, the return is Gasol (maybe others), source says. More NBA notes this afternoon on FOX Sports.
@SamAmicoFSO No panic, Cavs fans. Just because Lakers might call doesn't mean Cavs have to take offer. Or even listen. Again, deal seems like long shot.
@SamAmicoFSO Lakers fans shouldn't panic either. They are just doing their "due diligence" and putting out feelers for Gasol/Odom.

laugh.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Not tryna sound mean but when are you guys gonna realize Dwight to LA is not realistic for anytime in the near future? 
ohwell.gif

because Lakers fan think EVERYBODY is coming to LA
according to them, they're getting D12. Chris Paul, and Derron Williams. DWade might even opt out and go to LA too
and they REALLY believe it too!
laugh.gif

- maaaan, i got LA fans at work on the same BS.

....EVERYONE is ALWAYS coming to LA and they are NEVER supposed to give up anything to get it 
eyes.gif

- the Dwight for Bynum and the seriousness behind it is hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom