[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--They dont play till tomorrow night KenJi.
--Gasol came up during the overtime last night.

Yeah it was good to see. He looked down and realized he had a penis.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--They dont play till tomorrow night KenJi.
--Gasol came up during the overtime last night.

Yeah it was good to see. He looked down and realized he had a penis.
laugh.gif
1be35886e8e9c023ce2e0340e076f70b904c405.gif

great finish. it was an exciting night of nba hoops. glad the homies got that W, especially since it so rare in the rose garden. ron definitely had his biggest game of the season thus far. thats the ron we need in the playoffs. when he's able to produce like that and pau and vagynum are handling business, we're damn near unstoppable.

eek.gif
At the C's trading away Perkins.  Does J.O. even play because Shaq can't play 30mpg?

man....so we just gonna rely on brown and blake as the bench backcourt? this guy blake didnt even shoot last night! and nobody wants brown to shoot! damn can the lakers get someone off waivers??

ESPNForsberg: RT @latmedina: Phil Jackson tongue in cheek on Celtics trading Kendrick Perkins: "They go down as never having lost a playoff series." [via Twitter]

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

eek.gif

The last 2 shots Kobe hit in the 4th he had Rudy Fernandez & Wes Matthews draped all over him on those shots.

Originally Posted by CP1708

ESPNForsberg: RT @latmedina: Phil Jackson tongue in cheek on Celtics trading Kendrick Perkins: "They go down as never having lost a playoff series." [via Twitter]

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
 f'n phil man.

i thought about what doc would say now.

I don't think any team wants any of our role players and Bynum has to be kept as bait for Howard next year.

Mitch keeps making stupid trades decisions (other than the gift that was gasol and ariza). Signing Artest instead of Ariza. Giving away a draft pick for Joe Smith
indifferent.gif
I don't think any team will even take Walton as an expiring. That's how much dude sucks.
I can see Mitch resigning Luke with a minimum contract saying that he is the glue to the team and that the team can always make use of a 200 level IQ.

Wow

The Celtic improved their line up while we're stuck with Luke, Joe Smith, Vagynum, Shannon Brownie and Steve freaking Blake.

Good luck Lakers

funny how everyone here was LOVING the steve blake pick up in preseason and LOVING the shannon brown re signing... i wonder who was against both signings to begin with?
laugh.gif

never let kobe bryant make personel decisions EVER again.

i hope that booty hole shannon brown has was worth it kobe...

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Wow

The Celtic improved their line up while we're stuck with Luke, Joe Smith, Vagynum, Shannon Brownie and Steve freaking Blake.

Good luck Lakers

laugh.gif

Please tell me how this improves the Celtics?  

They are left with an old Shaq, and an injured Jermaine O'neal to man the center position.  

Krstic is not Perkins by a long shot.  He has a nice touch around the mid post, but he's slow. 

Jeff Green is an underachiever.   He doesn't rebound to save his life, he roams and lives behind the 3 point line, with little to no success, and his defense is awful.  On a team that preaches defense, no less.  

Tell me again how they improved?  

Originally Posted by NobleKane

funny how everyone here was LOVING the steve blake pick up in preseason and LOVING the shannon brown re signing... i wonder who was against both signings to begin with?
laugh.gif

Relax. 

Brown played minutes last year too, and that worked out fine, and he's slightly better this season then he was last season. 

And Blake will be just fine.  Tell me you didn't see his defense last night, it was way better then anything Farmar ever gave us. 

We don't need them to be heroes, we need them to play 10-12 minutes a game.  That's five minutes a half man. 

You act like Sasha and Farmar were killin it for us the last 2 years. 

laugh.gif

Relax. 

Brown played minutes last year too, and that worked out fine, and he's slightly better this season then he was last season. 

And Blake will be just fine.  Tell me you didn't see his defense last night, it was way better then anything Farmar ever gave us. 

We don't need them to be heroes, we need them to play 10-12 minutes a game.  That's five minutes a half man. 

^ they both played 17 minutes last night, were - 14 and -15 . blake took one shot.....i mean what the hell? they were a combined 1 for 5 with 2 assists.

atleast farmar shot the ball and drove to the hoop.blake always looks like hes scared to shoot. and sasha was a better defender and shooter than brown. for some reason brown thinks he has a jumper. i think its the shoes. he thinks hes kobe.

i hate #@!@@@% matt barnes but i cannot wait until he comes back. hope he takes minutes away from brown even though hes the sf

id rather have shannon and blake than farmar and sasha. c'mon. blake and shannon are garbage but sasha and farmar are a landfill!

You just pointed out to me their minutes in a regular season game, in the second of a back to back.........

You expect Phil to keep Kobe at 33 minutes during the playoffs do you?  Fisher won't up his minutes by 3-4 in the playoffs? 

Focus, my dude, come on. 

2 years ago, Sasha shot worse, and scored less then Shannon is right now.
1 year ago, Sasha shot worse, and scored less then Shannon is right now.

Steve Blakes numbers are slightly less then Farmars, but with better defense being played.  Sasha was a better defender then Shannon is currently. 

What you have here, is a basic wash in what our back up guards bring to the table.  Steve Blake for all your worries, has 300 career starts including starting on a playoff team for a few years.  Jordan Farmar has started 7 games in his career.  Blake also used to guard Kobe when he was in Portland, if Farmar even thought of attempting to guard Kobe, even at this advanced age Kobe is now, Farmar would die underneath the court.  Blake was doin it in Kobe's me against the world prime. 

Call me crazy, we are not worse off right now with Blake and Brown, then we were with Sasha and Farmar.  And I liked both of those players. 

laugh.gif

Relax. 

^ they both played 17 minutes last night, were - 14 and -15 . blake took one shot.....i mean what the hell? they were a combined 1 for 5 with 2 assists.

atleast farmar shot the ball and drove to the hoop.blake always looks like hes scared to shoot. and sasha was a better defender and shooter than brown. for some reason brown thinks he has a jumper. i think its the shoes. he thinks hes kobe.

i hate #@!@@@% matt barnes but i cannot wait until he comes back. hope he takes minutes away from brown even though hes the sf

You're overreacting. You act like Kobe wont be playing 40 minutes a game in the playoffs. Shannon Brown isn't going to cost us a series all by his lonesome.

I see where you're coming from with Blake, but who would we have gotten besides him? Lakers aren't getting rid of Fisher and Farmar was a damn idiot. Nobody liked him....I guess you forgot how well him and Shannon played together.
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Blake isn't that bad, he doesn't look to shoot, but Lakers knew what they were getting with him and Phil seems to be pleased.

Shannon was playing better than Sasha and that is a fact. Sasha was a damn bum these last two seasons picking up 5 fouls in 2 minutes so don't let his success in New Jersey reflect his actual performance here in LA. I know he hit those two clutch freethrows, but losing Sasha wont be costing us a playoff series.

Farmar wanted to be a starting point guard this season remember? So he heads to the last place team in the league only to backup Harris and no D-Will. His decisions are his own fault.

I feel that the Lakers are only as good as Pau and Artest play as well as Bynum being healthy. If Pau doesn't play like a sissy in the playoffs, Ron gives us around 15 points a night with solid defense, and Andrew can stay healthy and produce I like our chances.

However if Pau brings that softness and Ron is looking lost out there I don't like our chances. Barnes has been great and should of been a starter, but if Artest plays well we're that much better.

Kobe can go for 50 a night with 10 assists/rebounds, but if Gasol isn't playing to his potential we will not win.

Back
Top Bottom