[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ Few summers ago.

Wasn't that the infamous parking lot footage?

It was a few summers ago, though.

But didn't he just say, ship his !%! out.  Don't recall him saying he sucks.  
laugh.gif
Well to simply put it. Kobe wasn't too cool with Bynum lack of balls and skills. We'll see how it is when Lakers play the Heat, Thunder and Spurs again

Originally Posted by CoolDee

Y'all can just shut the hell up watch the Lakers play. Quit talkin about this and that.
What sound advice you give. 

Why talk, in a season thread, on a message board no less, about the team we all follow? 

We should all just sit here, and have blank empty pages to stare at, on a message board, why even talk about the team?  

You are so wise. 

Thank you. 

Please, type more knowledge for us. 

Oh wait, you said don't talk about it. 

Ok, so just sit there. 

Mentally put the vibes out, let us soak it in, so we can cheer as good as you do. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

Y'all can just shut the hell up watch the Lakers play. Quit talkin about this and that.
What sound advice you give. 

Why talk, in a season thread, on a message board no less, about the team we all follow? 

We should all just sit here, and have blank empty pages to stare at, on a message board, why even talk about the team?  

You are so wise. 

Thank you. 

Please, type more knowledge for us. 

Oh wait, you said don't talk about it. 

Ok, so just sit there. 

Mentally put the vibes out, let us soak it in, so we can cheer as good as you do. 

Funny thing is Cooldee is a Knicks fan and Lakers fan at the same time . Must be one of those bandwagon kid

Jesus Christ, the Knicks have an EIGHT HUNDRED PAGE thread, and dude tellin US to stop talkin about our team? 
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Aye, KB8, can I get a correct record up in the title please?  You been slow a game for about 2 weeks.  We 40-19.  Been trippin me up every time I see it, we lite a game. 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Y'all can just shut the hell up watch the Lakers play. Quit talkin about this and that. We just won 2 straight my frickin gosh y'all are suppose to be fans but y'all lookin like haters.

kobe.gif

Stop posting.

CP1708:
Nobody, and I do mean nobody, spoke out against Artest to the Lakers more then I did. 

But in a 7 game series vs the Celtics, Ron helped out HUGE.  Ariza wouldn't be able to hold down Paul as well. 

First play of the series, opening 20 seconds, Ron and Paul go down to the floor in a tangled mess.  Sending the message, this is not 2008. 

And in the final minute of the series, he hits the biggest shot. 

I don't like Ron's game one bit, but he came up for us in that series, and I haven't even gotten to game 5 game winner in the WCF. 

Longer term it may not work out, but short term, it got us title 16, effectively making the Ariza argument null and void from this point forward.  No matter how much Ron sucks from here on.
happy.gif

2jdgodv.gif

I just love so much that someone who has always been a favorite of mine contributed IN A MAJOR WAY to another championship for us.
smokin.gif
CP1708:
First play of the series, opening 20 seconds, Ron and Paul go down to the floor in a tangled mess.  Sending the message, this is not 2008.
Won't ever forget this. Series barely started and I jumped out of my couch going 'Have some, Truth! Artest ain't having this flopping foolishness! Get up! Let's play!"
CP1708:
And in the final minute of the series, he hits the biggest shot.
I knew he'd knock it down as soon as he got it. I just knew it. And afterwards: "I didn't know what to do. Kobe passed me the ball! I was like 'Kobe never passes me the ball!'"
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Soon as Kobe dished it, I knew it.
smokin.gif

And I got zero problem sayin when I was proven wrong on something. 

And I remember doing the exact same thing, I was off that couch and yelling "@#$% you" and I don't even know what for, but I was happy about it. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I remember thinkin that exact moment, yup, this is why we need Artest this year, and not Trevor.  We had more toughness then before, Kobe wasn't goin at that @#$% alone. 

Still, I would give anything to see Bynum and Ariza in 08.  I just wanna know what might have been.  Who knows, maybe it woulda messed up 09 for us, etc etc, I just wanna know.  We were on such a roll in 08.  And we had soooooooo many chances, even without those 2.  Game 2 shoulda/coulda been ours if it wasn't 8 on 5, and game 4.........Trevor on Ray instead of Sasha?  No brainer.  Bynum lurking in the back for a swat? 
frown.gif
tired.gif
  Oh well, stuff happens for a reason I guess. 

My biggest disappointment in the 08 Finals... was 24.

No, not Kobe.

You're up 24 points in the Finals, you BETTER win that game.

Even if it's by 1. You... HAVE to... win a game where have bested your opponent by 24 freaking points.

And if you're up by 24 in the SECOND HALF?! Inexcusable to lose that shhh.

Still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I stared at my tv after that game like Deron Williamns probably did when he found out from watching SportsCetner that he'd been traded to the Nets. I just stared. And stared.

And stared.

Didn't even say nothing. Just stared.

"What... what just happened?"

Bought a house in 07. 

First hole in the wall happened about mid June 08 I'd say........
tired.gif

You know those blow up punching bags for kids that are weighted at the bottom, and when they hit it, it comes back up for them? I guess if you throw one of those at full speed by grabbing it from the top, the bottom goes first, and it's heavy enough to go thru dry wall. 

Yeah. 

tired.gif

That first half of basketball tho.....what a clinic.  A damn clinic. How we lost that momentum, I have no idea.  I need to find the strength to go back and watch that tape, see when and where it went wrong, and why. 
30t6p3b.gif

For the record, I wish I could have 04 back too, as well as 92.  I wanted another shot at the Bulls with Sedale joining the team.  We coulda solved that Scottie on Magic thing real quick. 
mad.gif

Got 16 titles, and I'm in here @#$%^& about a couple that got away.  We some greedy sob's. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

^ Ahhhh crap. Thanks for remind me. Blowing that lead felt impossible at the time they were up, but somehow they did it.

Leave it to the damn Lakers to be the ones to do it.

Sasha getting crossed over by Ray Allen pretty much said it all that game.

See, game 6 didn't bother me.  I was crushed to lose the series, but the game?  You get beat like that, it's for a reason.  We wasn't there, the moment was too big, they were better, however you want to go with that. 

But blow a 24 point second half lead, AT HOME, and lose in the final seconds?  Gut wrenching.  Staggering.  Just flat out 
sick.gif

The crying was just in reaction to all things that doomed us that series with that game being the culminating factor. Game 4 sucked the life out of me. Even though we went on to win Game 5 I had heavy doubts going into Game 6. Optimism was vacant at that point

Yeah, forgot to mention the 'at home' part.

Up 24 in a basketball game, and the opponent has more points than you at the end.

Up 24 in the second half of a basketball game, and the opponent has more points than you at the end.

Up 24 in the second half of a basketball game IN YOUR FREAKING BACKYARD, and YOU LOSE?!

All I could do.

Like CP alluded to, we're sitting on the last 2 championships... and we're sitting here talking about "More, more, MORE!!"

laugh.gif

Game 4 09 Finals when we damn near didnt get any foul shots the 2nd half. Played 5 on 8 the whole game. 2 deadly Fish 3's along with a monstrous Gastrong dunk. The refs took it up the butt that game
happy.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Yeah, forgot to mention the 'at home' part.

Up 24 in a basketball game, and the opponent has more points than you at the end.

Up 24 in the second half of a basketball game, and the opponent has more points than you at the end.

Up 24 in the second half of a basketball game IN YOUR FREAKING BACKYARD, and YOU LOSE?!

All I could do.

Sasha decided to play hero and Ray made him his prison yard girl
mad.gif
 I still hate Sasha to this day even though he kind of made up with the 2 clutch FT's

Back
Top Bottom