[::Official LA Lakers @ Cleveland Cavs 12/20 5:00pm PT TNT (preview added)::]

[h1] Lakers at Cavaliers[/h1]
Preview Conversation

8:00 PM ET, December 20, 2007
Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland , OH
TNT
[h2]Lakers-Cavaliers Preview[/h2]
[table][tr][td]AccuScore Projections[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
AccuScore has powered more than 10,000 simulations for every NBA game for ESPN.com, each simulated one play at a time and minimum of 10,000 times. For more, visit AccuScore.
View more Accuscore game details
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Gameday Matchup[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]W-L[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]PA[/td] [td]HOME[/td] [td]ROAD[/td] [td]STK[/td] [td]L10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LAL[/td] [td]15-9[/td] [td]107.0[/td] [td]101.5[/td] [td]9-4[/td] [td]6-5[/td] [td]W2[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]CLE[/td] [td]11-15[/td] [td]96.5[/td] [td]101.2[/td] [td]6-5[/td] [td]5-10[/td] [td]L1[/td] [td]2-8[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]2007-08 Season[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Series tied 0-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dec 20, 2007[/td] [td]LAL @ CLE[/td] [td]8:00 PM ET[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jan 27, 2008[/td] [td]CLE @ LAL[/td] [td]3:30 PM ET[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Injury Report[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LOS ANGELES[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Kobe Bryant SG - Dec 19: Day-to-Day
· Luke Walton SF - Dec 17: Day-to-Day
· Kwame Brown FC - Dec 17: Day-to-Day
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]CLEVELAND[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Daniel Gibson G - Dec 18: Day-to-Day
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Fantasy Injury News
in.gif

· View NBA injury report[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Last 5 Games[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LOS ANGELES (ET)[/td] [td]CLEVELAND (ET)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dec 18 @CHI Win 103-91
Dec 16 LAC Win 113-92
Dec 14 @GS Loss 108-106
Dec 13 SA Win 102-97
Dec 09 GS Win 123-113
[/td] [td]Dec 19 @NY Loss 108-90
Dec 17 MIL Win 104-99
Dec 15 PHI Loss 92-86
Dec 14 @NJ Loss 105-97
Dec 11 IND Win 118-105
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Complete Schedule: Los Angeles | Cleveland[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Depth Chart[/td] [/tr][tr][td]POS[/td] [td]LOS ANGELES (PPG)[/td] [td]CLEVELAND (PPG)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PG��������[/td] [td]. Fisher 11.5[/td] [td]. Gibson 12.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SG��������[/td] [td]K. Bryant 26.8[/td] [td]S. Pavlovic 8.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SF��������[/td] [td]L. Walton 7.9[/td] [td]L. James 29.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PF��������[/td] [td]L. Odom 13.6[/td] [td]. Gooden 13.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]C��������[/td] [td]A. Bynum 11.1[/td] [td]Z. Ilgauskas 14.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· View full depth chart
· Team rosters: Los Angeles | Cleveland[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Team Stat Leaders[/td] [/tr][tr][td]�[/td] [td]LOS ANGELES[/td] [td]CLEVELAND[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Points[/td] [td]K. Bryant 26.8[/td] [td]L. James 29.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rebounds[/td] [td]A. Bynum 10.0[/td] [td]Z. Ilgauskas 10.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Assists[/td] [td]K. Bryant 4.8[/td] [td]L. James 7.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Steals[/td] [td]K. Bryant 2.0[/td] [td]L. James 1.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Blocks[/td] [td]A. Bynum 2.1[/td] [td]Z. Ilgauskas 1.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Team stats: Los Angeles | Cleveland[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Today's Line[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FAVORITE[/td] [td]OPEN[/td] [td]CUR[/td] [td]UNDERDOG[/td] [td]O/U[/td] [/tr][tr][td]@CLEVELAND[/td] [td]--1[/td] [td]-2[/td] [td]LOS ANGELES[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ATS[/td] [td]Los Angeles[/td] [td]Cleveland[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Record:[/td] [td]15-9-0 (.625)[/td] [td]11-15-0 (.423)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]As Favorite:[/td] [td]10-3-0 (.769)[/td] [td]7-6-0 (.538)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]As Underdog:[/td] [td]5-6-0 (.455)[/td] [td]4-9-0 (.308)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]At Home:[/td] [td]9-4-0 (.692)[/td] [td]6-5-0 (.545)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]On Road:[/td] [td]6-5-0 (.545)[/td] [td]5-10-0 (.333)[/td] [/tr][/table]

STATS LLC

Coming into the season, little regard was given to the supporting casts surrounding Kobe Bryant and LeBronJames. Bryant's has exceeded its minimal expectations while James' has struggled mightily in trying to defend its Eastern Conference title.
TheNBA's top two scorers face off for the eighth time in the careers as Bryant and the Los AngelesLakers try to snap a three-game losing streak to James and the Cleveland Cavaliers.LosAngeles (15-9) has won consecutive games and six of its past seven, while Cleveland (11-15) has been going in the opposite direction, losing nine of its last11.Bryant has averaged 24.7 points in seven games against the Cavaliers when James is in the lineup, and the Cleveland guard has scored 26.8 points per game ineight lifetime against the Lakers.Bryant led the league in scoring the past two seasons, averaging 31.6 points in 2006-07, but his average has dropped to 26.8per game thus far. While he's scoring less, the Lakers are averaging 3.7 more points as a team and their 107.0 points per game rank third in the NBA.TheLakers' reserves have scored 38.3 points per game, giving them one of the five most productive benches in the league. Cleveland's bench players on theother hand, have averaged 23.5 points -- one of the five lowest in the NBA.Los Angeles was slightly below its bench average on Tuesday night with 34 points inits 103-91 win at Chicago, but Sasha Vujacic had a team-high 19. He scored nine in thefourth quarter one game after scoring all 14 of his points in the final period in a 113-92 win over the Clippers on Sunday."(Coach Phil Jackson) showed mehe has confidence in me," said Vujacic, who's averaging a career-high 7.4 points. "That was the key thing for me. I'm having fun, playingbasketball the way I used to play. I'm enjoying it."Andrew Bynum has alsoplayed a key role in the Lakers' improvement in 2007-08. The 20-year-old center began the season on the bench, but has emerged as one of Los Angeles'most effective players, averaging 12.3 points in 13 games as a starter. He's averaging 10.0 rebounds and is among the league's top 10 with 2.1 blocksper night.Cleveland went 0-5 without James after he was sidelined with a sprained finger, and the Cavaliers are clearly a different team with the league'sleading scorer in the lineup. The Cavaliers have averaged 100.0 points with James, who is averaging 29.6 points, and 82.0 points without him.They thoughtthings would improve when James returned to the lineup after the team had lost six straight, but Cleveland has gone 2-3 since his return, including an ugly108-90 loss to the New York Knicks -- the last-place team in the Atlantic -- onWednesday."Defensively, this is one of the worst performances that I've ever been a part of," Cavaliers coach Mike Brown said. "And itstarts with me."Cleveland allowed the Knicks to shoot a season-high 56 percent from the field. The only team to shoot a higher percentage against theCavaliers this season was Detroit, which shot 58 percent on Nov. 28 when James sprained his finger."That's not a good defensive effort," saidJames, who scored 32 on Wednesday. "I don't know if it's the worst we've ever played defensively. That's what Coach thinks."TheCavaliers have given up 101.0 points per game after holding opponents to 92.9 last season.

------------------------------------------

Will be broadcasted in HD
pimp.gif

Lets go Lakers!
pimp.gif

Let's Go to work Andrew
smokin.gif

NT might explode tommorrow night. LeGod vs. NT's Most Hated/Loved. All is missing is a MJ cameo. 47 pages I predict

I'm going to say the Cavs are going to win strictly because it's a home game and I'm going.

This team and its coach have left me speechless.

Lakers got this one. Kobe don't even need to show up because the machine will out score him anyway.

Lakers got this game easily tonight and will win by at least 7 points.Cavs will be playing a second game of a back to back where they got smoked by the lowlyKnicks @ The Garden.They'll be flying a red eye flight back to cold Cleveland while the Lakers are already in town have had a full day to rest and got apractice session in today to prepare for the game tonight.I hope to see the Lakers up by like 15 going into the 4th quarter so we can see Kobe and the rest ofthe starter get rested for the back to back @ Philly on friday.Also want to see Sasha "The Machine" Vujacic
laugh.gif
get hot and kill the Cavs in the 4thduring garbage time.

Go Lakers !

my two favorite players in the league. kobe vs lebron. i hope lebron gets 40 and the lakers win but the cavs give the lakers FITS.... i say cavs by 6

Tonight national telecast doubleheader > tomorrows. But Bean vs BronBron should be a great matchup.

yeah I'll be in the house tomorrow night too...depending on the mood I'm in (cavs losing or winning at the time) I'll make a 2008 NT sign for thenation to see.

Lebronze with a crazy triple double (34/11/10, for my fantasy team
grin.gif
) andLakers with a double digit win
happy.gif

should be a good game though. hope Kobe and Lebronze put on a show.

my two favorite players in the league. kobe vs lebron. i hope lebron gets 40 and the lakers win but the cavs give the lakers FITS.... i say cavs by 6
Did someone hijack this guy's account?

Looks like this game is only on TNT
sick.gif

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

what the hell????
laugh.gif
just because i dont agree with cavs fans forgoing overboard with the homerism all the time does not mean I dont like King James... the guy should be the next great player...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

what the hell????
laugh.gif
just because i dont agree with cavs fans for going overboard with the homerism all the time does not mean I dont like King James... the guy should be the next great player...

He already is a great player.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

what the hell????
laugh.gif
just because i dont agree with cavs fans for going overboard with the homerism all the time does not mean I dont like King James... the guy should be the next great player...

eyes.gif

Not yet buddy. he needs to work on his shot some more...

and when i say next great player you should know i mean the next great "one"

what the hell????
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

So basically a great player is only one as good as the GOAT (mj)?? Right... so i guess LeBron, Kobe, KG, Nash, Duncan, etc. are just mediocre basketballplayers right now?
eyes.gif

what the hell????
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

So basically a great player is only one as good as the GOAT (mj)?? Right... so i guess LeBron, Kobe, KG, Nash, Duncan, etc. are just mediocre basketball players right now?
eyes.gif

right now, you arent making much sense. i think you need to go to bed. think about what was originally posted. then comeback tomorrow and apologize.goodnight

Back
Top Bottom