Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Hi guys, I sent my old Kobe X elite low for warranty exchange (zoom heel blew out). Fortunately for me, Nike couldn't find a X replacement so they decided to send me the new Nike XI Tinker collaboration. I currently have it at size 8.5.

Now, these shoes are releasing in May. If I were to sell these shoes now, how much would they go for? I know they will be $200 USD retail on release day.

Why would they send you a pair that hasn't released yet? These will be easily available like all Kobe releases. Even the so called hottest Kobe (Bruce lee) is still sitting. I say keep em rock em and enjoy them.

Hi guys, I sent my old Kobe X elite low for warranty exchange (zoom heel blew out). Fortunately for me, Nike couldn't find a X replacement so they decided to send me the new Nike XI Tinker collaboration. I currently have it at size 8.5.

Now, these shoes are releasing in May. If I were to sell these shoes now, how much would they go for? I know they will be $200 USD retail on release day.
show us pics of the shoe or it didnt happen

Last edited:

Assuming this story is legit, because I see you were telling it in the Toronto outlet thread as well, I don't think there's much of a rush for anyone to get these. The only early hype on a pair I've seen was the Avar blue pair which only gained traction because for the small window of time, it was thought of as only an exclusive at the All Star events in Toronto. Once people knew they were a GR, it died off. Most people already know these Tinker collabs are coming out. I can't imagine someone needing to pay a premium to have them early when the reception on them has been lukewarm as it is.

Last edited:
show us pics of the shoe or it didnt happen

Yeah I will provide pictures once I received it. My bad, just read what I wrote saying I currently have it. Im expecting it either tomorrow or Tuesday. Nike had sent it last week. I do have an email from a Nike person telling me the product code (which I looked up and it turned out to be the Tinker collaboration).

View media item 1978847

Yeah I will provide pictures once I received it. My bad, just read what I wrote saying I currently have it. Im expecting it either tomorrow or Tuesday. Nike had sent it last week. I do have an email from a Nike person telling me the product code (which I looked up and it turned out to be the Tinker collaboration).
Thats good **** bro! Share A LOT of pics for the NT fam when u get them in hand!

View media item 1978847

Well, ain't that a...

Why would they send you a pair that hasn't released yet? These will be easily available like all Kobe releases. Even the so called hottest Kobe (Bruce lee) is still sitting. I say keep em rock em and enjoy them.

I saw on the air Jordan 12 forum people saying something happened with their 12 masters so they were being sent the French blues before release too

why you so eager to sell em for a profit? Just get rid of em for retail

Well I'm just testing the waters of how much they would go for. I don't know anything about these special releases or whatever, hence posting here asking for information. If anything, yeah I will sell it for retail come release day if it's not hot. Nothing to lose anyway, got them for free.

Dude wants to make a few bucks or thinks he will.. Someone will pay too much for them but Nike prob won't ship them till closer to release date

Yeah probably if someone offers. If not, I'll just sell it retail I guess. By the way, Nike did already ship it last week. 7-10 business days apparently [emoji]129300[/emoji]

How long is the warranty? I didn't even know we could do that.

Nike sends replacements?

Did you file a claim like everyone else? I thought all they did within the 2 years of manufacture date was just send you a product voucher for the original MSRP of the shoe

I just went through this and got a voucher for MSRP. Didn't know that asking for a recent shoe was an option

Yeah probably if someone offers. If not, I'll just sell it retail I guess. By the way, Nike did already ship it last week. 7-10 business days apparently [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Weird guess they don't care might be a general release prob won't be hard to get

Nike sends replacements?

Did you file a claim like everyone else? I thought all they did within the 2 years of manufacture date was just send you a product voucher for the original MSRP of the shoe

I just went through this and got a voucher for MSRP. Didn't know that asking for a recent shoe was an option

In Canada we get a replacement shoe (newest model), no vouchers. It was like this back in the day too. I sent in my Kobe 4 inline and got Kobe 5 dark nights.

Rebought the inlines a few years ago for cheap.

Back
Top Bottom