Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
What does "in line" mean anyway?

To me knowledge, they're GR shoes, part of the line up. Page 1 has all the "in line" shoes.

The kicks Kobe wear against the dubs (white/purple) are Player Exclusives (for now?), therefore not part of the line to be released.

If I am wrong, someone can chime in and correct me.

Last edited:
To me knowledge, they're GR shoes, part of the line up. Page 1 has all the "in line" shoes.

The kicks Kobe wear against the dubs (white/purple) are Player Exclusives (for now?), therefore not part of the line to be released.

I always thought in line colorway was just the name given to white based kobes with purple/black accents.
But never really tried to figure why.

Sorry if these have been posted, but nike made the right decision by dropping the "elite" first... The em doesnt look as good. Reminds me of a takedown or a 8 hybrid

I usually don't like the EM, but these look pretty good. Don't think I will buy any though. I want more great colorways of the elite low.

Last edited:

I always thought in line colorway was just the name given to white based kobes with purple/black accents.
But never really tried to figure why.
Yeah as far as the Kobe line goes, "Inline" was just the name for the white based colorway with purple/black accents, going back to the Kobe IV. Nothing really to do with whether they're GR or PE.

In general though, I've heard "in line" usually referring to GR shoes like Salacious said.

Are we gonna do this all season? Kobe's gonna wear all the sick *** colorways on court and Nike's gonna release the crappy, so-so, mediocre stuff to us?

Nike pulling a LeBron VII on us.
Kobe didn't wear a single GR X in game, so I don't expect anything too different with the XIs. Although he did wear the all purple/hyper grape GR colorway to debut the XIs on court against the Celtics.

Last edited:
It's really amazing that he didn't rock GR X's in games
You would think rose golds, team elites, fundamental, cotas, blackouts would all go with the laker uniforms

These are 
smokin.gif

12568194_447216932135723_914743279_n.jpg

Last edited:
It's really amazing that he didn't rock GR X's in games
You would think rose golds, team elites, fundamental, cotas, blackouts would all go with the laker uniforms

Good point! It's like they did that on purpose, hell he didn't even wear the "Opening Nights". For Goodness sake, the damn shoe was called opening nights! Not to mention the "team elites." Eff Nike and their stupid nickname crap. They should now name all the GR kobes something to the effect of "Kobe ain't wearing these either, and the colors most likely aren't team colors, and even if they were he won't be seen wearing them on court."

I miss the simple days when 75 percent of a players shoe were team colors, like home, away, alternate, and then some mainstream or solid color way. Enough of the hype beast /loud colors and stupid stories. Blackout and flight and drill sergeant my ***. Nh.

Youll find out that nike is genius when they start releasing all the kicks we clamor for when they start doing retros. Nike is planning for the future

Youll find out that nike is genius when they start releasing all the kicks we clamor for when they start doing retros. Nike is planning for the future
Only the likes of people on forums like this will know though. Most of these kicks we clamor for have no history or story behind them, only the colorway is dope.

Only the likes of people on forums like this will know though. Most of these kicks we clamor for have no history or story behind them, only the colorway is dope.
I see your point. I feel like its a smart move from nike in different ways. ​

1) Jordan brand everyone is concerned with if they were OG or game worn. When new colors of retros are made they don't sell quite like the OG's. Sometimes they barely even move. I feel Nike has decided to save the game worn pairs for retros. There isn't a need to fabricate a story for game worn kicks. All that needs to be said (example for the 11's) is he wore them during his last season.

2) Kobe's that aren't game worn are still being bought up by people now and it would be considered a retro of an old release despite the fact they are not game worn. So in 15 years they decide to drop the Achilles pair, people will have the nostalgia of owning that pair back in the day and will want to buy it.

I feel its a way to maximize the gains of retroing the brand. Game worn sells themselves and colorways people used to have will sell themselves. Just my opinion of course.

Yeah but even if they release them now it doesn't mean they won't sell later on when they retro. For example; with Jordans, pretty much all the stuff they retro' these days were sold at one point in the past and surely don't have a problem selling out now.

Last edited:
Yeah but even if they release them now it doesn't mean they won't sell later on when they retro. For example; with Jordans, pretty much all the stuff they retro' these days were sold at one point in the past and surely don't have a problem selling out now.

No doubt I agree 100%. They would sell out because they are game worn. That's their ace in the sleeve. By releasing other colors now they can create more opportunities for sellouts in the future.

Back
Top Bottom