**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

Just a thought I shared with a coworker. In the "Alright" video KL is dead. In reality, his shoes are wrapped around that pole he's rapping from and in the spirit his ghost is there and still in the hood, floating among his people. The cop shooting him is just a flashback.

When KL speaks to Pac on TPAB, at that point in the album, he's dead. When he can finish his poem and speak to Pac, it's because they're both ghosts. When he finally loves himself and is going to change for the better, he gets killed and dies a martyr.

Maybe I'm late, but I haven't kept up with the convo.

Thoughts?

I feel you but I think k. Dot is talking to Pac throughout the whole album, it's just broken down for the sake of the story for the listener. On top of that, if they're both dead then how do we explain Pac disappearing at the end when Kendrick is talking to him "Pac.....Pac..........PAC"?

Just a thought I shared with a coworker. In the "Alright" video KL is dead. In reality, his shoes are wrapped around that pole he's rapping from and in the spirit his ghost is there and still in the hood, floating among his people. The cop shooting him is just a flashback.

When KL speaks to Pac on TPAB, at that point in the album, he's dead. When he can finish his poem and speak to Pac, it's because they're both ghosts. When he finally loves himself and is going to change for the better, he gets killed and dies a martyr.

Maybe I'm late, but I haven't kept up with the convo.

Thoughts?
Your first paragraph, I completely understood it and it makes the most sense. 

The 2nd, throughout the album, he went through the adversity of being black in the white man's society that they have created in which is institutionalization. 

So he constantly went through emotional and spiritual battles within himself as he started from the bottom and into a famous rapper whom, towards the end of the track listings, finally gain true consciousness of himself.... Transformation from a caterpillar to a butterfly, will you.

Interesting to read everyone's opinion. 

See with Kendrick lamar's music, it's so darn complex that you can never not dig deep enough to know the true meaning and that is where it transcend Hip Hop itself.. 

I mean others have done it, but to find them do it this masterfully in this modern day and age, is rare. Shout out to Lupe but he's a different breed of intellectual complexity. 

Kendrick, he just far exceeded anyone's expectations and continues to strive to go harder every time. Which make me eager for his next album, in which I believe we'll all be blown to bits mentally.  
You couldn't get this in-depth with Drake, as Drake is the "top"... Which I don't believe. 

1) Compton
2) HiiiPower
3) Second half of "u"
4) second half of "Maad City"
5) Rigamortus

Very easy for me to pick my top 5 from him. Special mention to Money Trees, Cartoons & Cereal, Blacker The Berry, and Westside Right On Time

Should've done a top 15 instead.

His pain
Vanity slaves pt 1&2
Cut you off
Ignorance is bliss
Hoc
Look out for detox
Wanna be heard
Whole damn S80

Got damn everything......

Picking a top 5, 10, 15, 20 may be hard

but I'm pretty adamant that Sing About Me is my undisputed #1.

Song hits too close for me 

"Promise that you'll sing about me forever" 
mjcry1.png

mean.gif
tired.gif

1)  Good Kid 

2)  The Recipe

3)  Ronald Reagan Era

4)  Tammy's Song

5)  Money Trees/The Spiteful Chant/Blow my High

Would love for it to be true, but not getting my hopes up.

Image of Cole was taken from his Bally photoshoot.

That's a very dope fan made album cover though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom