***Official-Jordan XII 12 Thread-New Releases***

Best Jordan XII Retro Release of 2016?

• Jordan XII- "Flu Game" (Black/Red)

Votes: 160 60.8%
  • Jordan XII- French Blue

Votes: 49 18.6%
  • Jordan XII- Masters (Black-Rattan/White)

Votes: 21 8.0%
  • Jordan XII- White/Pink GS

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Jordan XII- Grey/University Blue

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Jordan XII- Bibby PE (Red/Black)

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Jordan XII- OVO (Black)

Votes: 12 4.6%
  • Jordan XII- OVO (White)

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Jordan XII- 15Lab12 (Black)

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Jordan XII- 15Lab12 (White)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Jordan XII- Navy/Carolina Blue Suede

Votes: 4 1.5%

• Total voters
I am new to Jordans. And i have to admit, i have never bought ANY Jordan before. Im 35. I started doing it because I can't afford it back then. Fod the past month, I started with an easy cop of Retro 8. Then things easily got of hand, i got to have the 11 concords, space jam, 12 taxi etc until I racked about $4k in 3 weeks. Mostly are resell. I have to look at it hard. I started this because I cant afford it back then, but it doesn't mean I have to buy them all now!
I am beginning to understand the trend, these are Nike's cash cow, I have waited 20years, and it seems like retros come in all the time. I will pay retail, but will have to remind myself not to pay more for missed releases.
The point of this all, in my opinion, was I enjoyed watching the greatest player of all time, 25 years ago til he retired, do his magic on the floor. Shoes, well, it just makes that experience complete. I guess its just a matter of going minimal or all the way. Ymmv.
man, you just godda kick that OCD. Keep your stuff, maybe get rid of some non OGs but no need to get rid of everything

I am new to Jordans. And i have to admit, i have never bought ANY Jordan before. Im 35. I started doing it because I can't afford it back then. Fod the past month, I started with an easy cop of Retro 8. Then things easily got of hand, i got to have the 11 concords, space jam, 12 taxi etc until I racked about $4k in 3 weeks. Mostly are resell. I have to look at it hard. I started this because I cant afford it back then, but it doesn't mean I have to buy them all now!
I am beginning to understand the trend, these are Nike's cash cow, I have waited 20years, and it seems like retros come in all the time. I will pay retail, but will have to remind myself not to pay more for missed releases.
The point of this all, in my opinion, was I enjoyed watching the greatest player of all time, 25 years ago til he retired, do his magic on the floor. Shoes, well, it just makes that experience complete. I guess its just a matter of going minimal or all the way. Ymmv.
man, you just godda kick that OCD. Keep your stuff, maybe get rid of some non OGs but no need to get rid of everything
everything june and after is ds with receipts i could easily take a lot back

Well if your just going to return your s" sell it at cost to us NT members. Just a thought if you go that route

Throughout the years I have purchased countless pairs of shoes... I love Jordans in particular because I remember owning them as a kid, seeing MJ playing in them and winning championships.

I wear ALL my shoes - I have pairs I would never consider selling, ever. I have sold pairs that I regret selling, purchased back pairs for resell prices that I purchased for retail and ended up letting go due to regret - but only in very special occasions.

My collection has fluctuated throughout my life, I have sold off many pairs – and then went on purchasing runs because JB was hitting that year. Some years are hit and miss, this year and 2016 there were a lot of "must cop" shoes for me.

If you are new to purchasing/collecting Jordans, doing it at resell price, is not the way to go - unless you got it like that. One thing I have always learned to count on, if it's an OG colorway – it will be back before you even notice it's been 4/5 years and your previously retroed pair has deteriorated to an 8/10 (if you have a decent size collection, you rotate and take care of your shoes as I do).

Once you get to a certain pair count - it's pretty much impossible to beat shoes if you're rotating wears.

My advice, start from retail unless you absolutely NEED a shoe you love. And once your collection gets big enough, you come to realize you have pairs you don't wear often or feel comfortable letting go - then you can make the decision to sell two, and then purchase must have resell shoes for $400-$500. Then ur not really "losing" much, or dropping half a grand on a pair of kicks you wanna wear.

I want a new pair of concords in the worst way - I actually saw a pair for $285 DS WRAPPED on Let Go, I didn't jump because I know they will re-retro in the next few years, and I'll double up for retail.

And these days, retros are returning in shorter intervals than ever.

Last edited:
JoeyD12, repd! 

Thank you so much for that advice. When I came in, I did not know anything about re-retro. I thought then that once missed, it will be missed so I went eBay and bought at resell. Funny that I have to google what NDC stands for, DS, etc. I wish I came in learned or at least understood the culture of sneakers before spending thousands of dollars but to me, at least it was worth it. Most of the items I bought at resell price was OG. I'd say I spent on average $60-$100 over retail (tax included) which wasn't too bad.

You are right, with the amount of shoes I have acquired in such short span of time, I don't even know when I will ever wear them. I suppose I have to stay OG/retro + moving forward and to not get caught up with the hype.

Good forum, great community. I really appreciate it.

I feel like people who buy shoes and turn around and sell them for $2000 the same day are desperate. I ignore these sellers like a busted chick. Don't look twice.
I don't think desperate was the right word there. Someone almost has to be a fool (or just a sneaker addict) to even question buying something for $275 and selling it for $2000 same day.

Last edited:
Got a scuff on my FB, so decided to ball in them.

Worn like 2x prior to balling.

Wouldn't even say it's close to being broken in.

Whole bunch of skin rubbed off my pinky toe
mad.gif

Only thing I see changing in me is I'm not liking really any new retro+ for like any model...
think i'm just gonna do the random, the more and more i look at stuff like the french blue TR XVI the more i'm not bothered by the ugly whole blue look, similarly looking at the suede XIs i'm starting to feel ok about the midsole, though the sole pretty much matches and its a light colored grey so it doesn't look so off, def gonna pick up the reg XVIs when i get back to the states for the low and Bc XIIIs since sure both of those are sitting in stores

Only thing I see changing in me is I'm not liking really any new retro+ for like any model...

think i'm just gonna do the random, the more and more i look at stuff like the french blue TR XVI the more i'm not bothered by the ugly whole blue look, similarly looking at the suede XIs i'm starting to feel ok about the midsole, though the sole pretty much matches and its a light colored grey so it doesn't look so off, def gonna pick up the reg XVIs when i get back to the states for the low and Bc XIIIs since sure both of those are sitting in stores
Yea I've Been Leaning Towards coppin A Pair Of 16s. The trophy rooms and sole flys are nice. Thought the TRs were trash but theyve grown on me. Kinda want the sole flys more, seen them for about 300, very very cleansed.

Yea I've Been Leaning Towards coppin A Pair Of 16s. The trophy rooms and sole flys are nice. Thought the TRs were trash but theyve grown on me. Kinda want the sole flys more, seen them for about 300, very very cleansed.
i'm not sure about the SF bcuz i think the best part of the XVI is the patent toe gives it that lux casual look. i often wondered what a paten ray AJ XII would look like of course that might not work bcuz of all the stitching

Throughout the years I have purchased countless pairs of shoes... I love Jordans in particular because I remember owning them as a kid, seeing MJ playing in them and winning championships.

I wear ALL my shoes - I have pairs I would never consider selling, ever. I have sold pairs that I regret selling, purchased back pairs for resell prices that I purchased for retail and ended up letting go due to regret - but only in very special occasions.

My collection has fluctuated throughout my life, I have sold off many pairs – and then went on purchasing runs because JB was hitting that year. Some years are hit and miss, this year and 2016 there were a lot of "must cop" shoes for me.

If you are new to purchasing/collecting Jordans, doing it at resell price, is not the way to go - unless you got it like that. One thing I have always learned to count on, if it's an OG colorway – it will be back before you even notice it's been 4/5 years and your previously retroed pair has deteriorated to an 8/10 (if you have a decent size collection, you rotate and take care of your shoes as I do).

Once you get to a certain pair count - it's pretty much impossible to beat shoes if you're rotating wears.

My advice, start from retail unless you absolutely NEED a shoe you love. And once your collection gets big enough, you come to realize you have pairs you don't wear often or feel comfortable letting go - then you can make the decision to sell two, and then purchase must have resell shoes for $400-$500. Then ur not really "losing" much, or dropping half a grand on a pair of kicks you wanna wear.

I want a new pair of concords in the worst way - I actually saw a pair for $285 DS WRAPPED on Let Go, I didn't jump because I know they will re-retro in the next few years, and I'll double up for retail.

And these days, retros are returning in shorter intervals than ever.
I will keep these nuggets in my back pocket. repped

i'm not sure about the SF bcuz i think the best part of the XVI is the patent toe gives it that lux casual look. i often wondered what a paten ray AJ XII would look like of course that might not work bcuz of all the stitching
I need ray Allen 13s... like if I ever become rich, I'm goin straight to flight club and coppin a pair

JoeyD12, repd! 

Thank you so much for that advice. When I came in, I did not know anything about re-retro. I thought then that once missed, it will be missed so I went eBay and bought at resell. Funny that I have to google what NDC stands for, DS, etc. I wish I came in learned or at least understood the culture of sneakers before spending thousands of dollars but to me, at least it was worth it. Most of the items I bought at resell price was OG. I'd say I spent on average $60-$100 over retail (tax included) which wasn't too bad.

You are right, with the amount of shoes I have acquired in such short span of time, I don't even know when I will ever wear them. I suppose I have to stay OG/retro + moving forward and to not get caught up with the hype.

Good forum, great community. I really appreciate it.

I will keep these nuggets in my back pocket. repped

Well, that's what NT is all about! Learned more off these forums that I probably even realize myself, both great advise and useless ******** alike - but it's a great outlet to ask for or take advise from people that have been in your shoes before.

Another thing I can say is make smart purchases. So many people end up buying tons of retro shoes they "kinda like" because they get a bug up their *** to buy a shoe every week, or feel left on not purchasing something "everyone" else seems to want, but they don't exactly love themselves.

If you buy like that, you end up looking at your closet and seeing 5-10 pairs of shoes you that you bought 1-2-3 years ago and have worn once, or not at all. Retail for those, let's say 5 shoes is $200 each, $200x5 = $1000 - that's $1000 you spent on shoes you now own that just fill up closet space and are as good as paper weights. For that same $1000, you could have saved up, passed up and purchased for example, an OVO 12, SBB 1, Royal 1, those hyped "Roshe boosts" at resell price and still had money left over to purchase wants/needs for your collection.

I also would download GOAT, StockX, J23 APP - and check pricing trends for shoes you want to purchase.

For an example, there is a small list of retro's I personally will/want to pay resell for, due to doubling up or missing out - for an example I want a Toro 4, since I let my DS pair go about a year and a half ago. I check StockX and GOAT all the time, have a "want" and "cop" list on both - and I realized that after Yeezy "Roshe" Boost's drop - that resell prices for retro's seem to drop on Goat and StockX, most like because people are trying to liquidate their Retro's and Sig's they have for sale, so they can most likely cop a Yeezy for resell. At least, I find this to be accurate for the shoes I have listed as "want" - my notifications ring with dropped prices for my size.

Also, never purchase a shoe for resell price until 2-3 weeks, sometimes a good month after the release. Prices always skyrocket release week and then fall off and level out when the hype dissapaptes and people are looking for the "next" release.

An example - CNY 12's were $370 on GOAT the week of the release, now - they are down to $280 - that's $100+ price fall only a month later, for a limited retro 12 - and limited 12's usually always hold a solid price point.

I don't mean to sound like a know it all, or think I do - I just hate seeing people drop OD money on kicks when they can make their dollar work for them, instead of the reseller. It's defiantly a sellers market - so any edge you can find to cut into their price, helps - and even if it's $20-30, when ur buying multiple pairs it adds up fast.

Last edited:
Another thing I can say is make smart purchases. So many people end up buying tons of retro shoes they "kinda like" because they get a bug up their *** to buy a shoe every week, or feel left on not purchasing something "everyone" else seems to want, but they don't exactly love themselves.

If you buy like that, you end up looking at your closet and seeing 5-10 pairs of shoes you that you bought 1-2-3 years ago and have worn once, or not at all.
Alternate 4s fits this description to a T.  I would like to move on from them.  They are DS, but the wife bought them for me.

I guess I better get to looking for the best opportunity to pull them out. 
laugh.gif

Alternate 4s fits this description to a T.  I would like to move on from them.  They are DS, but the wife bought them for me.
I guess I better get to looking for the best opportunity to pull them out.  :lol:

Haha, word - you ain't passing those off without looking like a giant a-hole! Make them daily wear, grocery beaters lol better than letting them sit and rot! Take some of the miles of your more coveted pairs.

Haha, word - you ain't passing those off without looking like a giant a-hole! Make them daily wear, grocery beaters lol better than letting them sit and rot! Take some of the miles of your more coveted pairs.
Fasho, I've heard once or twice "you haven't worn the shoes I bought for you yet."
Pulling them out for the spring and summer.

Well, that's what NT is all about! Learned more off these forums that I probably even realize myself, both great advise and useless ******** alike - but it's a great outlet to ask for or take advise from people that have been in your shoes before.

If you buy like that, you end up looking at your closet and seeing 5-10 pairs of shoes you that you bought 1-2-3 years ago and have worn once, or not at all. Retail for those, let's say 5 shoes is $200 each, $200x5 = $1000 - that's $1000 you spent on shoes you now own that just fill up closet space and are as good as paper weights. For that same $1000, you could have saved up, passed up and purchased for example, an OVO 12, SBB 1, Royal 1, those hyped "Roshe boosts" at resell price and still had money left over to purchase wants/needs for your collection.

I also would download GOAT, StockX, J23 APP - and check pricing trends for shoes you want to purchase.

For an example, there is a small list of retro's I personally will/want to pay resell for, due to doubling up or missing out - for an example I want a Toro 4, since I let my DS pair go about a year and a half ago. I check StockX and GOAT all the time, have a "want" and "cop" list on both - and I realized that after Yeezy "Roshe" Boost's drop - that resell prices for retro's seem to drop on Goat and StockX, most like because people are trying to liquidate their Retro's and Sig's they have for sale, so they can most likely cop a Yeezy for resell. At least, I find this to be accurate for the shoes I have listed as "want" - my notifications ring with dropped prices for my size.

Also, never purchase a shoe for resell price until 2-3 weeks, sometimes a good month after the release. Prices always skyrocket release week and then fall off and level out when the hype dissapaptes and people are looking for the "next" release.

An example - CNY 12's were $370 on GOAT the week of the release, now - they are down to $280 - that's $100+ price fall only a month later, for a limited retro 12 - and limited 12's usually always hold a solid price point.

I don't mean to sound like a know it all, or think I do - I just hate seeing people drop OD money on kicks when they can make their dollar work for them, instead of the reseller. It's defiantly a sellers market - so any edge you can find to cut into their price, helps - and even if it's $20-30, when ur buying multiple pairs it adds up fast.
Agreed, I only go after releases I like. Original colorways mostly. Not really a fan of gimmick shoes or some retro plus colorways. The next shoe I'm going to secure (after the 13s) doesn't release until April.

Agreed, I only go after releases I like. Original colorways mostly. Not really a fan of gimmick shoes or some retro plus colorways. The next shoe I'm going to secure (after the 13s) doesn't release until April.

Hmmmm, Royal 1? lol that release is on everyone's calendar!

I'm going to probably pick up a GS CNY 12 between now and then, because I don't see myself picking anything up either.

Back
Top Bottom