Official Jordan XI Thread

Your right. But my point of saying that is simply looking at MJs game shoes over the years. Everyone makes such a deal of the toe box and its slant. Most of his game shoes are warped out like no other. Def in the toe area. And we all know by now he wore a brand new pair every game. There is an MJ worn XIII being auctioned out, the toe is elfed out like no other. It gets a pass because they are game worn. But todays releases, after several wears they may cause the same kind of look and are deemed trash. This I just do not understand. We ALL want that slant/slim toe look, but eventually they will turn up after wearing them.
it's all about the process of making the shoe now. if people only had the time on browsing on youtube why the toecap ends up like that is because of how it is designed nowadays. anyway, some people just love to complain even the smallest thing like it would make it a 100 times better. vanity at it's finest.

I'm contemplating wearing the 2016 Space Jam XI with the purple Lakers Kobe Bryant #8 jersey to emulate the way the Lakers wore black shoes with some purple on them to go with their purple uniform on the road in the '90s up until the time the NBA decided to allow players the freedom to wear any color shoes during the last decade.

It's a '90s jersey and some '90s shoes, so I'm staying within the timeline with both. The shoes obviously have small hints of purple on the tongue and rear sides.

I don't really see peeps wearing retro Jordans, especially the XI, with an authentic Kobe jersey of any kind. Perhaps I can be different with this set.

I'm also maintaining my F Adidas stance this way because they're a piece of 💩 brand. Adidas shoes are on the same level as piece of 💩 swingman or replica jerseys. I don't care that Kobe wore Adidas, so I'd rather substitute with these. Even if Adidas was somehow able to miraculously rehash the models that Kobe wore, I still refuse to wear that brand.

Would these shoes go right with the Kobe rookie year jersey?
IMG_5625.JPG
IMG_5629.JPG

I'm contemplating wearing the 2016 Space Jam XI with the purple Lakers Kobe Bryant #8 jersey to emulate the way the Lakers wore black shoes with some purple on them to go with their purple uniform on the road in the '90s up until the time the NBA decided to allow players the freedom to wear any color shoes during the last decade.

It's a '90s jersey and some '90s shoes, so I'm staying within the timeline with both. The shoes obviously have small hints of purple on the tongue and rear sides.

I don't really see peeps wearing retro Jordans, especially the XI, with an authentic Kobe jersey of any kind. Perhaps I can be different with this set.

I'm also maintaining my F Adidas stance this way because they're a piece of 💩 brand. Adidas shoes are on the same level as piece of 💩 swingman or replica jerseys. I don't care that Kobe wore Adidas, so I'd rather substitute with these. Even if Adidas was somehow able to miraculously rehash the models that Kobe wore, I still refuse to wear that brand.

Would these shoes go right with the Kobe rookie year jersey?
IMG_5625.JPG
IMG_5629.JPG
Yes, I think the concords would too.

There‘s really people out there that prefer this abomination of a shape on Xl’s. :smh:

Good god those shoes couldn’t suck any more 🤣
Still can’t even believe anyone liked those, let alone still does now 🤮

The damn dreaded swap meet quality, bootleg looking XI from 2008 to 2015 that most of us agree was horrendous with that company. 🙄

Yes, I think the concords would too.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, they would as well, but I preferred the Space Jam XI despite having the 2018 Concord XI too because I recall the Lakers normally wore predominantly black shoes with some purple on them for road games during that bygone era. I don't recall the Lakers wearing white/black with some purple shoes on the road. But perhaps I should look into it online for possible reference.

Last edited:
Anyone remember when Randy Moss was with Jordan Brand and wore some custom XI that had Vikings colors? I always thought those were nice.
Moss XIa.jpg
Moss XIb.jpg
Moss XIc.jpg
Moss XId.jpg

^^^You can tell it's a bygone era of football based on the AstroTurf. I can remember when NFL players wore actual basketball shoes without cleats on AstroTurf because it was just a carpet colored green to replicate grass.

If they ever released those XI, would any of y'all get a pair?

This Vikings jersey of Moss that I've had since 2019 is the reason I've been wishing they released those XI.
IMG_4662.JPG
IMG_4664.JPG

If you tell 'em you wit' him, all them *****es gon strip
If I show up in yo' hood, I bet you sneaker heads won't trip

We need a redone Space Jam with the current build specs. You can see in that rear shot how the 2016 pair was much narrower through the midfoot and heel. It looks wrong when you put them on, especially when brand new. Over time, my worn pair has broken in and stretched out some in the midfoot, but the shoe is definitely off in shape compared to the subsequent releases.

Space Jams wit that Kobe is blasphemous

I don't have any other black/purple shoes in my possession, so I thought about improvising with those 2016 Space Jam XI. I've never worn that jersey since I got it in either late 2017 or early 2018, I honestly forgot when I got it.

I was also going with a timeline gimmick predicated on the 1996 calendar year because the jersey is based on Kobe's rookie season with him drafted that year, and the XI were visible and relevant in the prior 1995-96 season.

Columbia's are the first pair of XI's I owned back in 96, but they are honestly my least favorite out the OG set, including Cool Greys.

Thanks for clarifying that. The black/red XI that I posted about with pictures to start this thread are the only pair I owned in 1996. I got those back in April 1996. It's crazy how I didn't care for the Concord XI back in 1995-96! That's why I only got the black/red pair.

I never cared for the Columbia. They didn't have as much visibility as the Concord & black/red because Jordan only wore it one time that season in a glorified exhibition game, the 1996 NBA All-Star Game. I highly doubt I would get a re-released pair even if they had the current build specs.

We need a redone Space Jam with the current build specs. You can see in that rear shot how the 2016 pair was much narrower through the midfoot and heel. It looks wrong when you put them on, especially when brand new. Over time, my worn pair has broken in and stretched out some in the midfoot, but the shoe is definitely off in shape compared to the subsequent releases.

I admit I'm so damn demanding myself with specs, but I've come to accept that we'll never have 100% replication with rehashed classic Jordan models. It's replication we're dealing with, so that means we'll never get anything exactly like the original predicated on that definition.

I'm content with the build specs of the XI from 2016 to present. As long as they're not that swap meet quality, bootleg looking crap from 2008 to 2015 that most of us loathe, then I'm happy with the XI going forward.

I admit I'm so damn demanding myself with specs, but I've come to accept that we'll never have 100% replication with rehashed classic Jordan models. It's replication we're dealing with, so that means we'll never get anything exactly like the original predicated on that definition.

I'm content with the build specs of the XI from 2016 to present. As long as they're not that swap meet quality, bootleg looking crap from 2008 to 2015 that most of us loathe, then I'm happy with the XI going forward.

I wasn't saying it had to be 1 to 1 compared with the OGs and bringing up that longstanding topic again. I'm content with the 2018-onward build. All I meant was, the 2016 SJs were definitely not the same build as came shortly afterward. They seem almost like a beta test of the excellent new shape and specs but still lacking certain details that were corrected shortly thereafter: patent cut too high on the medial side where it dips from the toe box to the mid-foot area, and no padding in the upper. And also, like I said, the whole shoe being obviously too narrow from the mid-foot through the heel. Put a pair of them next to the Concords/Black Reds/Cool Grays, and it's clear as day. It's still a great retro compared to what we got for years, but more than any newer XI, it can still be better.

for me, I don't care much for 1:1 replication of the XI as long as it is great quality. man, I would even love if they replace the air-sole with zoom air and a react/cushlon midsole. also, wanted a P/U insole back. don't care much if the patent leather is low or midcut. but the Jumpman logo and 23 would be nice if they Jumpman was plastic or embroidered properly without the buttcracks, stickman, fatman figure, with proper fingers. considering the premium that we are paying for the XIs, the XIs should be premium build.

I'm finally posting photos of the Jeter XI low. I still remember getting them on release day in April 2018.

I liked how they integrated baseball aspects on these. I also liked the substitute of suede all over these instead of going with the traditional patent leather that will always define the XI.
IMG_5654.JPG
IMG_5655.JPG
IMG_5656.JPG
IMG_5657.JPG
IMG_5658.JPG
IMG_5659.JPG

I definitely had to get them because I'm a big Derek Jeter fan, and I already had the authentic jerseys for years before the shoes came out. These will always be worn with the Jeter jerseys.
IMG_5660.JPG
IMG_5661.JPG

But I haven't worn them with the road gray jersey yet for some reason since I got them.
IMG_5664.JPG
IMG_5669.JPG

If you tell 'em you wit' him, all them *****es gon strip
If I show up in yo' hood, I bet you sneaker heads won't trip

Something special about this run beyond doubt.
Come on with those Columbias JB.
No legend blue milky blue nonsense want that translucent sky blue to complete the set. After that itll likely be a strong hiatus before they run the set again but iam interested in how they shake it up next 🤔🤔

Back
Top Bottom