Official Jordan 1.5

By stating the obvious that they could have made more chicago 1's instead of these? Thats making fun of the shoe?

Sounds more like your a bit too sensitive?

Or you work for nike doing overtime trying hard to sell these to people? lol

Either way your last few posts have been awful so bye bye

Yeah, try to backtrack now like you weren't dissing the shoe. :lol:

Lol, not even sensitive. It's more about you not knowing what you're talking about. I'm happy that you don't like my posts, block me and move along. :D

Last edited:
hope these are easy,  I struck out hard on chicago and sbb.  would rather cop this than pay resell.  

I'm all for these, I missed my size in the Chicago's had to get at size 7y smh,  So yeah you bet I'd cop, it's all about the history.

Seriously feels like 2/3 of you are straight up hating on this shoe. I'm gonna be so mad if I can't lock down a pair through either in-store raffle or online. 
laugh.gif

Maybe 2/3 of us have eyes that. .actually work?
Would you wear these over 2015 Chi 1s or even 2013 chi 1s?
If I couldn't buy 2015 chis for 400 plus...you best believe I'd be searching for deals on 2013 chicagos..instead of getting THESE as a consolation prize..that's beyond abusurd rationale.
1.5s may be more comfortable..but 2013 chis wit jumpman look way betta. The more pics i see of these, the more I shake my head. I feel that anybody that had interest in chi 1s would love to like these...if we could...but they just look hella funny...there's no escaping it. They're almost as long as a Nike Air Magista...and i'd rather wear those. Putting history aside, I wouldn't care if MJ had these on coming out the womb.

I must be one of the few excited about this release. hope they're an easy pick up online.

I was considering right until I saw the pic of the collar height compared to the CHIs. Why did they make it lower, these probably look like mids :smh:

Last edited:
If I couldn't buy 2015 chis for 400 plus...you best believe I'd be searching for deals on 2013 chicagos..instead of getting THESE as a consolation prize..that's beyond abusurd rationale.
1.5s may be more comfortable..but 2013 chis wit jumpman look way betta. The more pics i see of these, the more I shake my head. I feel that anybody that had interest in chi 1s would love to like these...if we could...but they just look hella funny...there's no escaping it. They're almost as long as a Nike Air Magista...and i'd rather wear those. Putting history aside, I wouldn't care if MJ had these on coming out the womb.
LOL!

And this is why I'd be pissed if I can't get a pair. Most of y'all are so passionate about how much this shoe "sucks". Just going by general opinion, you'd think this is going to be an easy cop. 

For the record, I do already own the 2015 Chicago 1's. I agree. They look better. But damn, it's being made out like these are really bad Payless knockoffs. With the 1's being my favorite JB line, I think this is an interesting pick up. The history of it is kinda neat for me, and IMO, they'll end up looking pretty decent on the foot. I definitely respect the naysayers opinions and get it. To each his own. But I really don't think it's THAT serious. 

Lol, you're one of those JB elitists. You probably didn't even own an original Chicago 1 like I did from '85. I would wear these over a 2013 Chicago 1 because those were straight trash in quality and build. The 2015 is a great shoe, and yes, it has an edge because Jordan wore them more and it is the original Jordan 1, but this shoe stands on it's own and it was part of the process in the early days of developing the Jordan. There is a history here, it's not some random hybrid like the Spizike or 6 rings. I will wear this shoe just as much as the 2015(when I get a pair bcuz I want BOTH). There is nothing consolation prize about these. You're just some elitist talking out of his butt, which you do best. By you saying the 2013s look way better, you already lost legitimacy as far as I'm concerned. :lol:

Last edited:
I was considering right until I saw the pic of the collar height compared to the CHIs. Why did they make it lower, these probably look like mids :smh:

It looks like they took the 2013 mold and put better materials on it. I'm disappointed honestly, would have expected them to use the same mold as 2015s

Lol, you're one of those JB elitists. You probably didn't even own an original Chicago 1 like I did from '85. I would wear these over a 2013 Chicago 1 because those were straight trash in quality and build. The 2015 is a great shoe, and yes, it has an edge because Jordan wore them more and it is the original Jordan 1, but this shoe stands on it's own and it was part of the process in the early days of developing the Jordan. There is a history here, it's not some random hybrid like the Spizike or 6 rings. I will wear this shoe just as much as the 2015(when I get a pair bcuz I want BOTH). There is nothing consolation prize about these. You're just some elitist talking out of his butt, which you do best. By you saying the 2013s look way better, you already lost legitimacy as far as I'm concerned. :lol:

The reps...Take them.

It looks like they took the 2013 mold and put better materials on it. I'm disappointed honestly, would have expected them to use the same mold as 2015s
Thanks for pointing this out.  Looks like you are absolutely correct (a quick google image search comparing 2013 and 2015 made this very clear).  I was under the impression that they used the 2015 mold.  This is an absolute non-cop for me now.

Last edited:

These over '13's, yes.

There's no escaping....that these are dope.

Putting history aside? That's kinda hard to do since history is what it is. He wore them, they're a part of the Jordan timeline that mattered.

Your opinions, my opinions.

Thanks for pointing this out.  Looks like you are absolutely correct (a quick google image search comparing 2013 and 2015 made this very clear).  I was under the impression that they used the 2015 mold.  This is an absolute non-cop for me now.
soooo..these 1.5s are just like the 2013s with that same " trash quality and build " aye?? Just like 2013s...hmmm..cuz..I kinda implied buying a 2013 over these wouldn't be bad..but..nooooooooo..I wouldnt buy 2013s cuz of the "trash quality and build"..but you'd buy these 1.5s..with the same damn "trash quality and build" ohhhhhkay pal. I lost all credibility...but...you never had any to begin with.

soooo..these 1.5s are just like the 2013s with that same " trash quality and build " aye?? ...
Not sure, another poster speculated that these might use the 2013 mold, but with better materials.  The 1.5 upper does appear to have the same "shape" as the 2013.

You people need to get your eyes checked because the quality and build are different. Yes, they aren't quite as high as the 2015, but this isn't the final production OG Air Jordan 1. It's a whole different shoe, hence Nike on the wings logo. :smh:

Not sure, another poster speculated that these might use the 2013 mold, but with better materials.  The 1.5 upper does appear to have the same "shape" as the 2013.

Which makes no sense because they just retroed the chi 1's

The shape compared to the original 1 with 2 midsole is way off as well as shown in pics of the original 1 with a 2 midsole.

And why are they called 1.5? Why not 1 SE?

Isnt the first melo shoe called the 1.5?

Last edited:
I think im pick up was on the fence but story behind them and the look which is unique makes me now want them even more .  Less hype makes this an easy cop too .

Im curious if they put full length air in the 2 midsole like they did with the 2 retro last year

Back
Top Bottom