Official John Legend "Evolver" Discussion Thread

Originally Posted by Tuff G0ng

Originally Posted by renegade34474

Once Again , as mentioned before , is for me the best R & B album top to bottom i have ever owned
Then you must not own this CD:

lauryn-hillthe-miseducation-of-lauryn-hill.jpg

actually you're right ...

i'll have to get that now .. thanks (no sarcasm)

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

I think Once Again is one of the best RnB albums ever . This isn't anywhere near Once Again, and I'm very disappointing. Once Again was a much more mature album. Not enough soul for me on this one. I knew it was going to be hard for him to top Once Again but he didn't even come close with this album. Don't get me wrong, it's a decent album and I will listen to it a lot based on the fact that I think he's the best RnB singer out but I expected more.
QFT!!, I def see that he was expanding his sound, hence the album title, but i just felt that a soulful album is what best fits John Legend.Simply put, i was dissapointed with the album.

It's different, how can you really compare the albums?

This style is much more suited for a lounge/bar...and yeah the soulful stuff seems a bit more natural to Legend but I never knock a new direction.

Someone please help me out, "Good morning" was an interlude on another album before it came out as a song on Evolver. Can anyone remember whatalbum/song it was on before?

Thanks.

I think that Once Again is John Legend's best CD he has put out. I have likes all of his CD's so im gonna give this a listen tonite

Originally Posted by Tuff G0ng

Originally Posted by renegade34474

Once Again , as mentioned before , is for me the best R & B album top to bottom i have ever owned
Then you must not own this CD:

lauryn-hillthe-miseducation-of-lauryn-hill.jpg

A challenger appears

But really. Both good albums. Will check out Evolver also.

If anybody gets a chance to go see Legend in concert make sure you take the opportunity....
Estelle's set was cool.....
And JL absolutely put on a great show....
played ALOT of his old stuff and really didnt take a break through the whole set....
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Money well spend

here are some pics
2h5si2u.jpg

av0cqu.jpg

JL and Estelle singing No other Love
2mxpf1y.jpg

Last song If Your Out There/Tribute to Barack
25t9esh.jpg

Great Show!

Once Again is greatness... I didnt like this album too much.. Only gave it one spin.

GOOD MORNING IS A MUST HAVE

Back
Top Bottom