*** OFFICIAL JDM CAR THREAD ***

Looking back at these cars, damn the trends have shifted quite a bit. 
Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

I'm about to get myself a 99-00 civic but I don't know how to drive stick. I'm thinking about just getting one and having my boy teach me that way. What you guys think ?

I've been looking for one for the past week and all that talk about swapping motors & ******s got me thinking twice about buying one. Anything I should do before buying one ? My boy told me make sure I get one with papers.

Honda MT is fairly standard and it won't be that hard to learn on. My S13 took time to get used to because we get more torque going on so when we let off the clutch just a little (on a flat surface), the car will move forward as opposed to other cars. 
And my two cents would be to worry about learning how to drive your car first and then worry about the swap. Swaps can be difficult depending on how much you know about wiring. Bolting things on is only half of the battle.

Originally Posted by MC OTAKU

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

what car would you get.... s2000 or 350z (2006 and up )
The S, its very fun car to drive and handles a lot better than the Z. Its small and nimble compared to the larger Z.
3399683589_6f4da6f532_b.jpg
I looked into both cars when I was considering them.  Had my mind 99% set on the S2k but test drove it and spun out merging onto the highway when it was lightly raining outside.  Realized that the S was just too light, had too slick of tires and wasn't really suitable to drive all year round where I lived at the time.  So got the Z instead and have no complaints.  But the S is a very very fun car to drive in good weather.

It's been a while since I post here 
laugh.gif
. This has kept me busy over the past 8 months
Before the build

2qxcpid.jpg

Currently

2dre8b8.jpg

Originally Posted by tizoni

I feel special because I know who the owner of the car is. I also went to HS with the two guys standing there.
I used to always see this car in High School, never thought much of it. Its gone a long way since I saw it in school. [Looked kinda weak back then -- looks better now]. 

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

^
Have you seen it in person?

Last time I saw it, the paint was kinda beat up.

Naw. but that's how a daily warrior looks like 
pimp.gif

^^^^Nice and clean Silvia!!! Here is mine back in mid/late 2011 before I sold her. I miss her but I needed to get out of small cars lol.

1993 s13 Coupe SE original 5spd with full factory JDM Silvia Aero (painted Chrysler 300 Cool Vanilla)

Last edited:
Yea man I love the episode for the same reason. Still want one.

The offset with the isf weels looks crappy tho.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom