+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

Kanye and Jay-Z are peers.

Their music will always be compared.

Accept it.
7 or 8 year age difference. Jay been leaching youth and ideas from Kanye for years. Watch the Throne was FLAMES and the concert was best show I've ever been to BY FAR--but Kanye's swag carried that entire project. Jay was merely a compliment to that entire thing

Last edited:

Accept it.

7 or 8 year age difference. Jay been leaching youth and ideas from Kanye for years. Watch the Throne was FLAMES and the concert was best show I've ever been to BY FAR--but Kanye's swag carried that entire project. Jay was merely a compliment to that entire thing

What does Kanye whisper in your ear before he enters you?

Accept it.

Sort of like how Consequences lyrical ability and flow influence carried Kanye's first 3 albums?

C'mon man. Lets not act like Kanye ain't make a track called "Big Brother".

i need the rest of Beach is Better

Man listen.....I played the track and just let it play without knowing it was 55 seconds. I was heated. I thought my download was defected or some ish. Mike Will ATE on that beat......

Accept it.

Sort of like how Consequences lyrical ability and flow influence carried Kanye's first 3 albums?

I told jay I did a song with coldplay next thing I know he got a song with coldplay :tongue:

Accept it.
You're joking right? KanYe brought the quality of WTT down several times. Not only did he have a good amount of lackluster verses on it, but on the tour he was forgetting the words to his own Rhymes. He does this nonstop and its very annoying. How are you forgetting the words to songs that you supposedly wrote?

Accept it.

kanye isnt half the performer live that jay is. yea he's fun but he almost tries too hard.. jumping all over the stage, doing awkward dances etc.. jay effortlessly commands the stage. he's just got that presence.

Accept it.

jays stage presents >>> kanyes.
kanye puts on a show, but you never know what you're gonna get on the night you go see him.

kanye isnt half the performer live that jay is. yea he's fun but he almost tries too hard.. jumping all over the stage, doing awkward dances etc.. jay effortlessly commands the stage. he's just got that presence.

True ish. And I like Kanye as a performer but he does come off as a kid on stage throwing a tantrum. Jay does it far more effortless.Both are good performers though but one seems like he was born to do it. Other seems like he's trying too hard to command the stage.

It's good, it's not bad and it's not great 

Could of cut out 3 songs and it needed a big single, which Holy Grail will not end up being

Accept it.

I told jay I did a song with coldplay next thing I know he got a song with coldplay :tongue:

At the Grammys I said, "I inspired me"
But my big brother who I always tried to be

Jay3.gif

I like this album. But, it doesn't do anything for me, emotionally. The older i get, the more i need that from my music. i can't see me listening to this too long.

When Crown comes on I keep expecting Kendrick to start spitting cuz of the lil gun noise. :lol:

I love the Big sample on Jay-Z Blue.

Oh and I revised how I would of put it together

1. Holy Grail (Feat. Justin Timberlake)

2. Picasso Baby

3. Tom Ford

4. F*ckwithmeyouknowigotit (Feat. Rick Ross)

5. Somewhereinamerica (Feat. Nas)

6. *New Song Snippet*

7. Oceans (Feat. Frank Ocean)

8. Beach Is Better *Full Song*

9. Versus

10. Heaven

11. BBC (Feat. J. Cole, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, Pharrell, Timbaland & Swizz Beatz)

12. Jay Z Blue

13. Nickels And Dimes

When Crown comes on I keep expecting Kendrick to start spitting cuz of the lil gun noise. :lol:

I love the Big sample on Jay-Z Blue.

That BIG sample is chilling......on some like damn were they in the studio together type ish.....that was ill how they put him in there....

I like it, but then I don't.

It sounds better as a Beyonce song.. Not sure why its on this album.
That's what I thought

Man listen.....I played the track and just let it play without knowing it was 55 seconds. I was heated. I thought my download was defected or some ish. Mike Will ATE on that beat......

Beat is insane. MW always puts the best beats out

What youth?

Going by your definition Kanye is old, because he's older than 28 and shouldn't even be listening to rap.

its sad cause kanye used to actually be a great performer.  go watch the life & rhymes of k. west.  classic stuff.  

I like this album. But, it doesn't do anything for me, emotionally. The older i get, the more i need that from my music. i can't see me listening to this too long.

Agreed...

...and that's not a knock to Jay at all - more of a reflection of where I stand as a listener nowadays.

The album exceeded my expectations though - I tip my hat to him for that...

Since were comparing WTT> MCHG>Yeezus I enjoyed all three though. I see what your guys are saying about the lack of emotion though.

Back
Top Bottom